• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data FINAL: Confirmed 1.1.1 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Preparing for the inevitable... Again.

If there are balance changes, they will be discussed, tested, confirmed, and/or debunked here.

I will update the OP over time as we have with each prior patch.

Any other threads pertaining to this topic will be locked.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

--

Buff:
  • Tech Get Up Attack alternative to global; shield damage 1 → 10
Source: http://smashboards.com/threads/magical-enigmatic-land-1-1-1-patch-notes.419067/

--

:093:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Everytime a DLC stuff also means the time of another balance patch... really really disturbing imo if I need to kill my replays again.

Rucent

Only strive for first place.
As much as I like a buff and no nerfs for Sonic, I'd much perfer characters we percieve as advantageous against him to recieve nerfs, even if they are incredibly minor in impact.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Maybe someday Sakurai and the dev team will fix BSBS, and maybe even make it so that while your bouncing around with Spin Dash it will actually charge the move instead of simply giving off the graphical effects of charging.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Well, since this is a thing, I've postponed finishing the infamous BSBS vid yet again. I'll definitely try to get it done by Sunday morning though..

1.1.0 didn't change a thing, right? I still have 1.0.9 frame data recorded and I really don't feel like setting my Wii U up to record this stuff atm..

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Nah 1.1.0 didnt change any of our frame data. Though thats probably one of the things I wish they would buff for us would be frames if only for either dsmash or utilt. That and make the stupid hitbox for utilt and fair larger so characters dont fall out of the move midway through. Soooo many times thats happened to me during sets

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Sonic's dthrow does 4% now.....

CLARIFICATION:It seems to be a bug with multihits in training mode

Last edited:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
It's confirmed... As I feared, BackThrow heals the opponent when you use it.

I'm kidding, I didn't even know there was going to be a patch. But people seem to have found changes in other characters already so...

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Comparing 1.1.1 and 1.0.9 (vid) side by side and it seems FSmash got a kb nerf.

Used to kill another Sonic at FD at 79%. Now it takes 84%.

Last edited:

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
I guess we can't draw any conclusions before the data mining. I admit that I say this hoping the Fsmash nerf you noticed is placebo ^^

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
I feel better ^^ Didn't want an other Fsmash nerf, I really hope nothing has been nerfed

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Bthrow killed Sonic at FD's right ledge at 119% in 1.0.9 but kills at 117% in 1.1.1.

And that's it, I guess.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
It was a global change, get up attacks do more damage on sheild across the board, I think Sonics was the most significant though.

So, buff boyz?

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
":4sonic:Sonic Wed 01:39
  • Tech Get Up Attack alternative to global; shield damage 1 → 10"

What is this ? They put it in the OP here http://smashboards.com/threads/magical-engimatic-land-1-1-1-patch-notes.419067/
Ok, here is what Thinkaman said

"Okay so Bowser Jr and Sonic have a different change to one of their 3 getup attacks.

Most people are 10 -> 8.

But, Bowser Jr. and Sonic have SD changed from 1 -> 10 on one of theirs, one of the two normal (non-banana) ones.

I misinterpretted this as a d-smash change to Bowser Jr, since it's a frame 22 move and iirc that's what Bowser jr d-smash is. My bad.

Edit: No other changes to Sonic."

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Orochi, of all people I thought you'd be comparing to the previous patch and not get them confused :<

Don't freak me out, man.

So far, only confirmed change is the get-up attack thing, as well as another universal change that was made to shield. Not completely sure how it works yet, so I'll wait on that, as it seems to either do with shield stun being longer, shield damage being stronger, or both.

The shield thing sketches me out, but I'm honestly just feeling #blessed that Sonic wasn't nerfed. That's all I asked for. I don't even need buffs. Just stop ****ing with me.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
my b

I've just stopped playing and visiting the boards for so long that I've become too slow, I'm afraid.

That new shield lag change is kinda weird.

Well, I guess low charge SC to turnaround grab is now a thing.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
it's k
That new shield lag change is kinda weird.

Don't worry, I'm already skeptical af.
Well, I guess low charge SC to turnaround grab is now a thing.
This was my first thought too, lol.

Indirect buff to Lyric Roll?

Also, maybe Fsmash is safe on block again? It was on 3DS and they only added 2 frames of end lag so... If shield stun is like, 2-3 frames longer...

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I think this change encourages us to play even campier than before. Relying on run->shield due to the lack of good approaches just became a terrible option.

I'm fine with FSmash being safe on block again. I'm not fine with stupid moves like Yoshi's dair being even more stupid now.

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
Ok, I'm really loving the change to the shield ! And it seems that rolls and dodge have been nerfed too
  • "Invincibility on back roll and air dodges reduced by 1 [?]"
I guess it is a bonus for Sonic ! If Dantarion confirms that we didn't receive any nerfs, that'd make my day

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Is my character truly busted now? Can we SC>Grab now? Does Fair last forever on their shield inducing lots of shield stun? Is our SC since it's multihit harder to punish on shield? Is Fsmash safe on shield again?

All of our grab combos still exist. Our throw kills are unchanged to my knowledge.

:018:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I too feel that that bthrow change I saw is just my mistake when recording 1.0.9 data.

But, then again, I'm pretty sure I didn't mess up when changing the percents one by one. Oh well.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Slow SC > Ftilt eats shields, That and Now Fsmash on block to Ftilt on block Is safe. Before we could Fsmash someone on block and then Jab them before they could hit approach us but given the increase in shield stun we're more positive on block than before. Which also makes me curious as to How safe Hard hit Nair is on shield now

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
Is there a Sonic player able to understand Dantarion's data ?

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
So spin moves on shield are now a much better option, and Sonic is now somehow even safer than before.

I can dig it.

Luig

Confused
Wait, so universal shields were changed?!

Well, I think sonic may have benefited from this patch.

Last edited:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Oh geez, if we're safer i can dig this. Dig this indeed. I've wanted more shield stun for so long now so im very pleased. Was disappointed to see my boy luigi get nerfed though :c.

But oh well, REJOICE, Sanic lives on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom