• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Feedback

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I'm with Kink Link on this one. Recovery's feels too strong across the board. Edgeguarding is much less aggressive now. In melee when you knock someone off the stage the games feels fully in your court. In PM I feel that less so.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What does that have to do with ledge occupancy? The fact that people can't just wait on the edge anymore isn't the reason that recoveries are better in general.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Yeah, the stronger recovery part is not by any means close to the main point of the conversation.

I'd love to talk with you irl or on skype about this sometime Reflex. I definitely see where you're coming from about how you see that the edgehogging player has an easy time and whatever, and I don't mean to bad mouth your opinion or anything like that.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I probably just suck but I find myself waiting at the ledge more than I want to. I find it unsafe to go chasing someone off the ledge. Due to the priority of many of them and how for instance even if you hit diddy out of his rocket he can rocket again. it seems as if people snap to the edge much easier than in melee as well.

Edit: Kink-Link feels the same thing I do but actually has the knowledge to express and articulate what the issue is. I am trying to find the words.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What character(s) do you play? In theory, improved recoveries also mean that you can go further out to edgeguard, too, and you'd have full control over the angle of approach...

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I play Marth most of the time. I just love his play style and play him in all smash games he has been in. Boring as that may sound.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think the improvements of the characters in general just make it more imperative to jump out and B-Air or D-Air these days instead of just hanging out close to the edge, and that's fine to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Forward-B -> double-jump D-Air became commonplace for the character, either.

Top Bottom