• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Sep 12, 2015] Salem Smashfests (Weekly) [Smash 4, Brawl] (Salem, Or)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Good to hear, and I doubt anyone will make a problem out of it for you. I gotta say you are good at taking care of what-if scenarios though!
Funny story: the blackout what-if scenario we talked about a while ago actually happened at a BCG tournament recently. Luckily the computers had battery backup so we were set up ahead of time with our opponents, but everyone just waited it out until the power came back on an hour later. And there was much rejoicing and the event went on.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, new stage list for Smash 4 Triples and Quads (thanks to the 1.02 update patch):

- Battlefield
- Big Battlefield
- Omegas (Omega Palutena’s Temple for game 1)
- Duck Hunt
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Windy Hill Zone
- Castle Siege
- Pyrosphere
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Town & City
- Lylat Cruise

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out today!

Project: M Singles
1st) Monce
2nd) G~Man, the Don't Even Give a Care
3rd) Eroding Sun

Smash 4 Singles
1st) MasterFisk
2nd) Jaxas
3rd) CLL

Smash 4 Triples
1st) Gold Team Rules (Jaxas, G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer, Shy)
2nd) Charizard loves Manandos (CLL, MasterFisk, Charey)

I'm still working on uploading the matches from Fight or Flight and Melee this week, but as soon as those finish then these matches will be uploaded as well!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
OH YEAH I'M A FOOL AND JUST REMEMBERED TO TELL PEOPLE THIS:

From this Saturday on, Top will be a double-elimination bracket!

I do reserve the right to revert to single-elimination if we're really low on time, but this should help with people getting shafted during Top 8.

Thoughts?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Also while, I'm on a discussion-posting spree, listen up Smash 4 players:

I've been planning on doing this for a while, but with EVO having customs potentially legal it's made me actually start working on it a bit more. Anyways, who all would be interested in doing Smash 4 events with customs (Moves only; basically how we did it on the 3DS)

We won't be able to start until we get a 3DS with all customs unlocked, but I'll be working on that anyways so it should be /too/ long.

So let's have a vote (mirrored on NintendoDojo and Facebook):
[] Yeah, let's do Customs! (Alternate weeks between customs On and Off)
[] Yeah, let's do Customs! (Second tournament on the same day)
[] No, let's hold off on customs and only use them if/when they're more common.
[] No preference, I'll enter either way.

Also, feel free to ask here if you have any questions about custom moves and the like!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
All right everyone, I think this warrants some discussion!

Basically, there are 2 important things in this article:
1) Customs legal at EVO is more than just a possibility
2) Certain stages are apparently not able to be used due to legal issues (music licensing...? Odd, but whatever) meaning their full, Nintendo-mandated stage list is:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Castle Siege
  • Delphino Plaza
  • Duck Hunt
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Town & City

I would like to hear arguments for and against changing to these stages (All starters, most likely).
Stages we'd be losing:
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Wuhu Island
  • Skyloft
  • Kongo Jungle 64 (Whyyyyyy...)

Anyways, thoughts on this? Should we drop some (or even all) the stages listed? Which stages do you think should be dropped to Counterpick if so? (Starters need to number 5, 9, or 13)

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
All right everyone, we'll be TEMPORARILY SWITCHING RULESETS for Smash 4 this Saturday!

This is a 1-week-only switch to the SmashNest v3 rules, so that people can practice for it.

Rules are as follows:
- 2 Stock, 6 minute (3stock, 8min for Doubles)
- Custom Moves Banned
--- Except for Palutena; her customs are legal! (Note: this is something I'm considering implementing as well in the future, thoughts?)
- Can't go the same color as your opponent's team color

Starter Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Delphino Plaza
- Lylat Cruise
- Town & City
- Duck Hunt

Note that we will be doing Doubles this week instead of Triples (though if we have time TRIPLES HYPE!), and again that this will switch back to our normal ruleset on either the week of SmashNest (if we still run our Saturday tournament) or the week after.

Our normal ruleset is getting some changes as well, though: New stage list in light of Nintendo having an extremely odd but unavoidable reason to ban stages (Music licensing issues...?):

Salem Smashfests New Stage List, starting the next week after this one:
Singles & Doubles:

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Town & City
- Lylat Cruise
- Duck Hunt
- Delphino Plaza
- Halberd
- Castle Siege

Triples & Quads:
- Battlefield
- Big Battlefield
- Omegas (Omega Palutena's Temple for game 1)
- Duck Hunt
- Windy Hill Zone
- Pyrosphere
- Smashville
- Town & City
- Lylat Cruise

T0MMY

Smash Master
Just did a Customs allowed for Palutena only at the UO weekly. I didn't think it went over very well. People turned Custom Fighters Off and one match paused and had to explain why Palutena was doing weird stuff. Also equipment was accidentally used at times.
Kind of why I support an All or None approach for TOs, just turn Customs on and that's it or turn it off and nothing more. Anything else and it gets confusing.
I'm interested in seeing how it works out for your weeklies though, so might be coming up for a visit.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out today! We had some great matches, and got some solid practice in for SmashNest as well!

Project: M Singles (Top 8)
1st) Monce
2nd) Zeo
3rd) Bubbles

Smash 4 Singles (Top 8)
1st) Serynder (Alexander Serynder Moran)
2nd) CLL
3rd) MasterFisk (Chris Stotts)

Smash 4 Doubles
1st) The Cosmic Kings (Jaxas/G~Man)
2nd) Mexican Pride (RubRub/Mr. Lee)

Brawl Singles
1st) Serynder
2nd) Mr. Lee (Eliseo Arenas)

Matches will be uploaded soon (Possibly even tonight, though that's not super likely); stay tuned!

And also, don't forget: SmashNest v3 next week, so Get HYPE!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Just did a Customs allowed for Palutena only at the UO weekly. I didn't think it went over very well. People turned Custom Fighters Off and one match paused and had to explain why Palutena was doing weird stuff. Also equipment was accidentally used at times.
Kind of why I support an All or None approach for TOs, just turn Customs on and that's it or turn it off and nothing more. Anything else and it gets confusing.
I'm interested in seeing how it works out for your weeklies though, so might be coming up for a visit.
We did it today, but we don't actually have any Palutena players (or at least not ones who use customs; Mr. Lee apparently doesn't when he plays Palutena).
I explained the ruling though, and there were no questions (beyond "Why Palutena only?" which was explained by "SmashNest said so, and I'm assuming it's because hers are unlocked from the start") nor did it seem like anyone didn't understand it. Went over fine, from what I saw at least.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Sorry, couldn't make it up afterall.
But thanks for letting me know how it worked out up there. We do have a Palutena player down here and I was playing Palutena as well (just to try it out), so people got confused due to the weird decision to only allow her to use them and no other character.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, this is the next big tournament around Oregon (Smash 4, Melee, P:M). Let's get another great turnout!

CARPOOLS:
If you need a carpool, post here. You will need to help pay for gas!
If you have a car and are willing to carpool, please let me know how many seats you have available.
Thanks everyone!

----- In need of a ride:
- David Astle
- 4 TVs

----- Carpools:
Kylie Smith's Carpool
- Connor Doss (?)
-
-
-

Saucy Pirate's Carpool
- Cheese Wizard (?)
-
-
-

Mr. Lee's Carpool
- RubRub
- Jaxas Scarlet
- G~Man
- Shy
-

Charey's Carpool
-
-
-
-

MasterFisk's Carpool [FULL]
- Pinky
- Rom
- Serynder

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
How can someone get in contact with the drivers if they'd like to rideshare with them?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
So while I'm apparently on a big tournament planning/announcing spree...

Who here is going (or wanting to go) to Evo 2015?

For those of you who don't know, the Evolution Championship Series (or EVO for short) is a huge yearly Fighting Game tournament held over the course of a weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada.

There will be a number of huge-name fighting games there, and this year there are even 2 of the Smash games! (Melee & Smash 4 Wii U)
You can be sure that big names like all of the 5 (or 6, depending on who you ask) gods of Melee, Zero, Mr. R, Japanese players like Abadango and Nietono, and many more will be there to compete on the world-wide stage; trust me, it's huge.

I know there are a number of people wanting to attend from here in Salem, and I can promise you that it won't be a cheap trip if you go by yourself.

That's why we're starting Carpool and Room-share planning now!
(Also because the entry passes are over halfway sold out; you'll want the $70 entry pass most likely, so get on that! Now Sold Out; you can still get the 2-day passes & the Viewing Room passes, though!).

Pricing Info:
Passes:
$50: 3-day Pass with Stream Viewing Room Access
or
$40: 2-day Pass
+ $10 per Game Entered

Hotel:
- $440 to $720 (110-180/night): 2 Person Room (Thursday -> Sunday Night. BOOK SOON!)
---- Note: EVO website claims that with their discount code rooms start at $85/night, but I haven't confirmed this myself

If we could get lists of
  • People who are going (and people who want to go but aren't sure they can)
  • People able to Carpool (gas money absolutely necessary)
  • People willing to split a hotel room and the cost
then that would be great, and the sooner the better!

People Attending: ("?" Removed once ticket is bought)

People willing to split a hotel room and the cost:

Needing Carpools:

Carpools Going:

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Definitely going to Evo, it's like Apex of the west coast but without the snow storm and building collapsing X^D
Pretty sure some Medford/Ashland players would be going as well and might need a ride or organizing a carpool.
I'm looking at getting housing with some local Smashers down there.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
All right, time for a whole bunch of updates...

Part 1: Announcement!
Starting *NOT* this week but next, Smash 4 will be starting at the same time as Project: M (12:00pm).
This honestly probably means that Sm4sh will start at 12:15pm, but the "be here by" time is definitely noon now.

Also, this week we will be starting it at 1:00pm sharp, so be sure to be there by then!

Part 2: Smash 4 Ruleset Opinion Gathering!
Question 1: Stock Count
All right Smash 4 players, I want opinions! (First question, second coming soon)

We're currently running 3 stock, but if the trend continues all major tournaments in our area (and seemingly most other places as well) are running 2 stock 6 minutes.

Who would rather switch to 2 stock for our tournaments as well, so that everyone is used to that?

NOTE: Doubles/Triples/Squads will be remaining 3 stock because everywhere is still using 3stock for doubles.

[] Let's use 2 Stocks & 6 Minutes, everyone should practice for the big leagues!
[] Let's use 3 Stocks & 8 Minutes, it works and we don't have the time issues to need 2 stock!
[] I really don't care either way; both work.

Question 2: Custom Implementation
Starting NOT this week but next (03/07/2015) we will be running customs in our tournaments.
This is due to EVO and many other large tournaments running them (and, not gonna lie, the fact that I think Custom Moves are great helps too), meaning that people need to be familiar with them.

My question to you is how would everyone like to implement them?

NOTE: This ONLY refers to Custom MOVES; equipment is banned.

[] Full switch to Custom Move tournaments; people can still use 1111 if they want, after all!
[] Alternate each week between Customs ON and OFF; practice both!
[] Attempt 2 Smash 4 Singles Events each week: Priority to Customs On!
[] Attempt 2 Smash 4 Singles Events each week: Priority to Customs Off!

As a side-note, customs are now even more easy to unlock; they do it themselves!

Question 3: Stage-List Cuts & Re-additions
This time it's stages: I trimmed back our stage list a bit due to apparent copyright issues with music on stages not making them legal in Majors, but we have no proof that they will be banned in other tournaments down the road (local, regional, major, or international)

So, should we re-add any of these to our stage list so that we have practice on them for bigger tournaments?

[] Kongo Jungle 64
[] Skyloft
[] Pokemon Stadium 2
[] Wuhu Island
[] None, the stage-list is good how it is currently

Please post your responses to these questions here, and feel free to add other options (and why) if you don't agree with the current ones. Reply here, on Facebook's polls, or at our NintendoDojo page!

Part 3: Fight or Flight 2
Fight or Flight went really well, so it looks like it's becoming a reoccurring series; FoF2 is going to be on March 28th!

In Need of Carpool

Carpools

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
@ Jaxas Jaxas With my return to Salem Smashfests (next week) I have a few questions:
What will be a good way for people (like me) who don't have a 3DS to get custom moves and become familiar with them?
Where is the new venue (I saw you talking about venue shifting earlier in the thread.
Where is a link to the Fight of Flight 2 thread considering that I am interested in attending.
Where is a good place to find all Oregon tournaments?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out today, we had a great turnout and a lot of new faces, too!

Today's results:

Project M Singles:
1st) Delicious Dave
2nd) Bubbles
3rd) Monce

Smash 4 Singles:
1st) Jaxas
2nd) Cacaw|Viviff T. Great MVA (dropped upon making Grands - I didn't actually beat him)
3rd) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer

Smash 4 Doubles:
1st) The Cosmic Kings (Jaxas/G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer)
2nd) TinyMon (CLL/Charey)

Unfortunately Brawl was unable to finish today as we ran out of time; thanks to everyone who ended up entering it though!

As ever, brackets can now be found here!

@ Jaxas Jaxas With my return to Salem Smashfests (next week) I have a few questions:
What will be a good way for people (like me) who don't have a 3DS to get custom moves and become familiar with them?
Where is the new venue (I saw you talking about venue shifting earlier in the thread.
Where is a link to the Fight of Flight 2 thread considering that I am interested in attending.
Where is a good place to find all Oregon tournaments?
Hey, sounds awesome - it'll be great to see you next week!

1) Honestly not sure; do you have a Wii U or do you not actually own Sm4sh? They're not that hard to unlock on Wii U, it's just getting all of them that's difficult. There are a number of ways to get them, but if you just want to see how they work really quick here's a Youtube link.
2) We're still at GameStar, don't worry about that!
3) I'm not sure there actually is a Smashboards thread, sorry
4) I wish there was a better one - I try and advertise all the ones I find out about here, but outside of that I don't really know, sorry. Make sure you follow Smashboards on Twitter, I guess?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
All right, all Smash 4 players listen up! (Please read this, but if you're lazy there's a short version at the end)

Starting this upcoming week (03/07/2015) we're having a number of changes to our ruleset! Here is what will be changing, and what you need to know about the changes:

1st) Smash 4 singles will now be starting at 12:00 (noon), the same time as Project: M singles.

2nd) We're switching to 2 Stocks, 6 Minutes.
This change is so that we're all practicing the same thing that the larger tournaments use, so we don't have to acclimate to 2 stocks over the week before the tournament.

3rd) Customs! The custom toggle will be set to ON; what this means is that you may use any combination of custom MOVES. (Any and all Custom Equipment is banned, and the use of it will result in a match disqualification)
How we're going to implement it is a modified version of Amazing Ampharos' Custom Moves Project. @gmanownyou and I will have 2 3DS systems with all customs unlocked (Shoutouts to @MasterFisk for being awesome and unlocking them with a powersave, made it way easier!) and we'll be setting up the first 6-8 slots with presets from the Custom Moveset Project.
Slots (7/8/)9/10 will be left open for people with their own 3DS systems to transfer over their loadouts, or filled with moveset requests from people.
So what I need everyone to do is PLEASE POST WHAT MOVESETS YOU WILL USE IN TOURNAMENT SO Richard Ruiz AND I CAN SET THEM UP BEFOREHAND.
(Also, if you have a Wii U setup, it would be nice if you would show up early so we can copy over the premade loadouts.)

Also, if you're wondering how custom selection works in the Advanced Slob Picks (Winner Bans - Loser Picks - Winner's Character - Losers's Character) system, the order now works like this:
1) Each player (or team) selects their characters. (Any player can enforce a double-blind plick)
2) Each player(/team) selects their customs. (Any player can enforce a double-blind pick, but after all are selected all players must inform their opponents of their custom setup)
3) Stage striking, yadda yadda, play game 1
4) Winner of game 1 bans stages, Loser picks stage
5) Winner picks character, Loser picks character
*6) Winner picks custom loadout, Loser picks custom loadout*
7) Play next game, repeat from step 4

4th) Legal stages.
Evo's stage list is as follows:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination (No Omegas, because music licensing reasons)
- Smashville
- Lylat Cruise
- Town & City
- Duck Hunt
- Delphino Plaza
- Castle Siege
- Halberd

This list is solid (and exactly 9, which is nice for the all-starters list we have), but is lacking a few stages that are still commonly used and basically staples everywhere else, such as
- Kongo Jungle 64 (the most commonly used stage out of these)
- Wuhu Island, and
- Skyloft

Wuhu and Skyloft are a bit less common, but still used in a lot of places. Kongo is used most everywhere, especially in larger local tournaments.

Of these, Kongo Jungle is definitely returning to the stage list simply because of how commonly used it is. I would like to add Wuhu and Skyloft as well so people have practice on them, though they're more optional. Pokemon Stadium 2 is a stage that doesn't really have anything wrong with it, but very few people like it and therefore it's almost never ran as a legal stage at bigger tournaments.

So I guess my question is this:
Kongo is coming back.
Should Skyloft and/or Wuhu return?

Also, how should we handle Starter/Counterpick distinction?
A) Stay with all Starters, re-add Kongo, Skyloft, Wuhu, and Stadium
B) Add back a few of the stages, and drop some to counterpick status (and which ones you think we should drop, preferably with why as well)

--------------------------------------------------
SHORT VERSION:
1) Next week's Smash 4 starts at Noon
2) Starting next week we're switching to 2 stock 6 minutes
3) Customs are turning On! (Moves, not equipment)
POST WHAT SETS YOU USE, and bring your 3DS & Sm4sh 3DS if you have it!
4) Kongo Jungle 64 is coming back, and Skyloft/Wuhu(/PS2) may be as well.
Which should come back, and (if not all) which stages should be bumped down to counterpick and why?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
ATTENTION SALEM SMASHFESTS!

In a bit over a month from now, on April 22nd, it will have been 1 year since the first Salem Smashfest!

To commemorate this, on the weekend of April 25th I plan on hosting a still local, but much larger tournament as a bit of a celebration!

It still won't be that big of a tournament (it'll be no SmashNest or Fight or Flight), as GameStar isn't exactly big enough for a really big one, but it'll certainly be the biggest Salem Smashfest we've had!

All entries will be $5 per person per bracket, and all brackets will be Double Elimination the whole way through.
(Seeds will be determined by past Smashfest rankings, as well)

The (tentative) schedule as of this point is:
Saturday, April 25th:
- 11:00am | Setup & Friendlies
- 12:00pm | Sm4sh Singles starts
- Pending completion of singles | Sm4sh Doubles starts
(- Pending completion of doubles | Sm4sh Triples starts?)
- 3:00 | Brawl Singles starts

Sunday, April 26th:
- 11:00am | Setup & Friendlies
- 12:00pm | Melee Singles & P:M Doubles starts
- 3:00pm | P:M Singles & Melee Doubles starts

There will (likely) be setups available for money matches to be streamed, so feel free to challenge people as well!

SO!
I need to get people's opinions on things:
- What other events do you want there? (Low-tier tournaments, crew battles, Amiibo vs Amiibo money matches, etc) Also, please note that I cannot promise we'll have time for everything requested, but I'm going to try to get as much happening as possible!
- Would people be interested in all going to Paddington's next door or something after the tournament(s)?

(Also this is going to look like I'm trying to steal SmashCon's thunder because I didn't want to post this ~3hours ago on my phone lol; seriously though I think that kind of atmosphere would be great and what I'm going for)

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
All right, so a couple of things regarding the ruleset questions and/or polls:

1) Executive decision, I'm re-adding all the lost stages (KJ64, Wuhu, Skyloft, PS2).
Only one that's somewhat rarely used is Stadium, and I'm going to take an "innocent until proven guilty" stance on all of these stages - if anyone can provide hard evidence of a stage being completely broken (read: reduces the skill ceiling) then it will be removed, but until then they're locked.

2) POST YOUR CUSTOM SETUPS PEOPLE
This here is a link to a list of all the premade setups that we'll have loaded, but if you use absolutely anything not on this list then you need to tell @gmanownyou and I what that is so we can set it up ahead of time!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
OH HEY I FORGOT TO POST THIS YESTERDAY SORRY

Anyways, thanks to everyone who made it out today! We had a great tournament, and it's always nice to see new faces!

Moving on, results!

Project: M Singles
1st) Blake
2nd) Monce
3rd) Bubbles

Smash 4 Singles
1st) CLL
2nd) Mr. Lee (Eliseo Arenas)
3rd) Jaxas Scarlet

Smash 4 Doubles
1st) The Cosmic Kings (Jaxas/G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer)
2nd) Illuminado (CLL/Mr. Lee)

As ever, you can find the results at salemsmashfests.challonge.com!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, if you're a Smash 4 player and you have an Android phone there's an amazingly useful new app for keeping track of customs!

It lets you check out what each custom does super quickly, so if you need a reference it's super handy!

Project CM

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, just a heads up but we now have a Skype group for general discussion!

Post your Skype name if you want to be added, and someone will add you soon after!

Also, you should be able to just join the Skype group by following this link (in Skype I'm assuming? It's what I get when I click "copy conversation link"), so if you can make this work do that!

skype:?chat&blob=I03ohmnaBN7AtHzHV22gwEJx0bZ6NS1rbgVVuxOuqNnT64AybGY8izsEkH8jy-wHE8Qo-T80vQ9Wuf1_uvk

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Is anyone carpooling through Salem on their way to SmashNest v4? We have 5 (or more) people in need of rides up there this Saturday!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
ANNOUNCEMENT:
So because @gmanownyou and I are currently unable to find a ride to SmashNest v4 (if you can carpool PLEASE let us know!) we may be having a Smash Saturday here in Salem after all!

Basically the current status is this:
"As of now there will be a Salem Smashfest this Saturday, but if things change it may be cancelled."

Stay tuned, thanks!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Alright everyone, we WILL indeed be having our normal Smash 4, Project: M, and Brawl tournament this Saturday!

I hope to see you all there, and please spread the word!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
What are the details (time, location and dates) for Fight of Flight 2?
Well here's the facebook page for it, but if you can't view it, here's the main post copy-pasted:

Fight or Flight 2:
Saturday, March 28th, all day

With a 5,000 square ft. room that is capable of seating over 350 people, the Eugene Smash Bros scene is bringing you Fight or Flight 2! With a venue that is rented out for 32 hours, a full PA system, chairs and tables for everyone, a stage, and two projectors for streaming and for displaying the bracket.

Anyone is welcome to attend the event and all people are welcome to play matches/spectate. There is no venue fee.

Tentative Schedule
9:00 – Room set-up begins
10:00 – Registration opens
11:30 – PM Singles AND Sm4sh Singles starts
2:00 – Melee Doubles
5:30 – Melee Singles begins (bracket pools to top 16)
7:00 – UO Smash Club vs. SHR! PM Crew Battle

We'll use Challonge.

The TOs are happy to run additional events (i.e. PM doubles, Sm4sh doubles) if there is substantial enough interest, but will not permit these events to occur until AFTER the final sponsored bracket is in progress. Additionally, we may be revising the schedule as we receive updated registration numbers.

Rules: http://bombch.us/mAU
It’s your standard smash tournament. Normal ruleset for Melee and PM. PM neutral stages are updated from the link for neutrals to be the bottom row, counterpicks include the middle row, with three bans. We want to use whatever Sm4sh ruleset is most consistent with other large Oregon tournaments.

Venue fee: FREE
Entrance fee: $5 per bracket
Note: Per UO policy, UO students who are unable to pay the $5 entry fee for the brackets but would like to enter should contact one of the TOs before the day of the event.
Prize Money will be given out to the victors of each bracket at the end of their bracket 60/30/10. If a bracket has 49+ entrants, we’ll pay out to 5th. If a bracket has 89+ entrants, we’ll pay out to 7th.

PLEASE BRING SET-UPS:
We are not charging a venue fee and are expecting this to be a large tournament, so please bring as many set-ups as you are able to. There will be a sufficient number of outlets, tables, and chairs in the room to accommodate everything. Please help make this a great tournament by bringing whatever you are able to!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Smash 4 players, pay attention!

Amazing Ampharos' Custom Moveset Project has been updated to now contain the full list of sets which will be used at EVO 2015! This list is (almost) locked in now, as Mr. Wizard (the person who runs Evo) has given a set date of March 27th to have all the custom sets locked in.

From now on, this is the list of presets which we'll be running; unlike at EVO, you WILL still be able to import your own sets at our tournaments.

(We hope to have these ready to go by this Saturday, but we may still be running the old presets this week only depending on how setup goes)

Follow the link to find the full list of sets!
http://smashboards.com/threads/offi...r-2015-edition-evo-sets.395721/#post-18798273

Top Bottom