• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 7, 2015] BIO 6! (Cottondale, Alabama)

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
The next installment of the Tuscaloosa monthlies are back! We couldn't get our usual venue so for this time we're relocating to the home of Jake The Preacher, that being Cottondale Church of Christ, we're glad to have you guys. Registration starts at 11, then we'll start Melee at 12.

The venue- A church building fellowship hall, seating and space won't be a problem here. We have a kitchen where you can store food if you brought your own, or store anything else. Before the events begin we'll make an announcement concerning directions in the building and take any questions concerning it.

Food- This is the only possible problem I could think of when getting this venue. There are no fast food restaurants IN WALKING DISTANCE. There's a grocery store and sit down mexican restaurant within walking distance, but if you want a fast food meal you'll need to catch a ride with someone, there's also the previously mentioned kitchen for storing brown bagged lunches.

Setups- I need to make this clear for certain. There is more than double, probably, space here than our usual venue, so don't hold back on setups.. I personally define setups as both the system and TV. I need a checklist of CONFIRMED setups to make sure we can run the tournament as efficiently as possible. If you have one half of what I call a setup, collaborate with someone to make it a full setup. Just please do your best to make sure both of you show up and that you don't have to leave in the middle of an event so we potentially get marked down a setup. Also, please let us know what game you plan to bring with your setup or collaborative setup

Events- Melee Singles, PM singles, and Sm4sh Singles. $2 entry fee per event. PM and Melee will follow regular APEX ruleset. Smash 4 will follow the same, except with 3 stocks instead of 2, this is subject to change if the man wants me to change it. Also due to the church building only having wifi, WE WILL NOT BE STREAMING. We will be RECORDING, we decided it would be better to have good videos than a poopy stream

If there's anything I forgot or questions you have then please post below to let me know and I can change anything or answer questions

If you get into the Cottondale area and find yourself lost then look for a Dunn's Auto and a Bank of Tuscaloosa right beside each other, the church building is on the other side of it, there'll also be a moderate sized sign with a welcoming message on it. If you're hopeless with directions like me just call 205 561 9086 and let me know you're here for the tournament and I'll do my best to help navigate you. Ciao- Jake The Preacher

Last edited:

SSJ1

Smash Rookie
About how many people will there be? And do I have to bring a tv and system to play?

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
About how many people will there be? And do I have to bring a tv and system to play?
We don't know exactly yet, but we've got about 20 on the facebook event, and there are likely plenty that just didn't reply to it. You don't have to bring a system and tv, but I'd appreciate it very much

Top Bottom