• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 28, 2015] 2nd Passage of Gaming: Wii U Edition - Presented by Crown of... (Redwood City, CA)

Chosenl

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone! ChosenL here, and I am pleased to announce that #CoGPoG is coming back! Here is our current line-up with more to come:

Smash4 Singles Pools:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nx0CoXxwGX_x7fvr7_AcIPB9QLoU3w_mqOhMXcwi7u8/edit?usp=sharing

Registration close. You can still show up at the door and pay the late fee of $20 venue fee with the option of entering either Pokemon ORAS or Mario Kart 8. All Smash4 events are closed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedule:
10:00am - Line up outside (2 lines)
10:30am - Registration begins, door opens
11:00am - SaltySuite CrewBattle:1UP vs Breakout!Esports
11:30am - Introduction, Announcements, Instructions
12:00pm - Smash4 Doubles and Pokemon ORAS begins
12:30pm - Smash4 Wave 1 begins during Doubles
01:00pm - Smash4 Wave 2 begins during Doubles
02:00pm - Mario Kart 8 begins
02:30pm - Smash4 Pro bracket begins
03:00pm - Smash4 Amateur bracket begins
09:00-10:00pm - Clear out of the venue

Stream link:
http://www.twitch.tv/crown_of_gaming - Mario Kart 8
http://www.twitch.tv/showdownsmash - Smash4

Challonge link:
http://crown-of-gaming.challonge.com/

Super Smash Bros for Wii U
-Singles 120 entrants max(Pools, into Double Elimination bracket)
-Doubles (Double Elimination bracket)
-Amateur Bracket (Single Elimination bracket)
-Crew Battle (City)
Mario Kart 8
-Singles (4 players at once, 4 races per round, Single Elimination)
Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
-1v1
-Best of 3 for Finals (winners, losers, grand)
-Doubles format
-Double Elimination bracket
-VGC Rule set ( http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-poke...naments/vg-winter-regional-championships-faq/ )
-Pokemon team registration required: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HOpcZuhfo0OM_Eaa3dzlsP1b5UbVtfV0NZojSDQyuwg/viewform?usp=send_form

Venue Fee: $15 Prereg, $20 at the door
Smash4 Singles Entry Fee: $10
Smash4 Doubles Entry Fee: $10 per team
Mario Kart 8 Event Fee: $5
Smash4 Amateur Bracket: Free and only for people not in bracket (Prize included for Top 3)
Pokemon OR/AS Entry Fee: $5

How to waive part of your venue fee:
Be one of the 1st 25 people to show up bringing a FULL set up to receive $5 off (get $5 back at the day of the event if payed online). Extra set ups are still welcome.

Now for the benefits of having the S-tier venue:

1) Snack food and drinks will be provided FREE by GSVLabs
2) Full use of the Lounge Room with dedicated friendly stations
3) Full use of the pool table and ping pong table
4) Multiple Events at the same time
5) 2 Events hosted by ChosenL before the 2nd PoG will be available, and winning 1st place in either RISE@SSF or ROSE@SF will earn you a complete free entry the 2nd PoG. (Venue Fee and Smash4 Singles fee waived)
6) $100 Bonus pot added to Smash4 Singles Pro bracket
7) Commentary/Recording/Streaming provided by ShowdownGG
8) Main Event Space for Finals matches separate from main floor
9) 2 Giant Monitors to watch the Final Matches on the main floor
10) Support from partners/sponsors Sennheiser, AFK Gamer Lounge, OHHEYDJ, ShowdownGG, and Norcal Smashcast.
11) Steam raffle prizes given out through multiple social media throughout the event
12) Full use of Kitchen (Microwave)
13) Final Bracket will be 60-man double elimination
12) Free parking (so many spaces!)
13) Pro Player Profiles recorded in CoG Database
14) No bathroom schedule (go whenever you want)
16) Located almost right off the freeway
17) Eon Ticket for Pokemon OR/AS will be given out via streetpass
18) Free Smash4 Amateur bracket Event for players not in Bracket
19) Social Media coverage of the event
20) Sennheiser headsets will be available as additional prizes. More info coming soon!
21) Smash4 Amateur bracket 1st place prize will be $30, with surprise prizes for 2nd and 3rd place
22) Bonus pot of $50 will be added to Mario Kart 8.
23) WInner of both Pro amd Amatuer Smash4 Bracket will be featured on the next Norcal Smashcast

Venue Rules:

1) Please do NOT talk to commentators while they're commentating! Every time I'm commentating someone comes up to me asking about the bracket, even during a match. There are TOs you can talk to who aren't speaking to an audience! Talk to them!
2) Do NOT just jump on the mic if it becomes available. I think a lot of people deserve a shot at commentating but if you're not asked to jump on, don't do it. Commentary is very important so let the commentators work!
3) DO your best to help out. If something really hype happened off stream, go report it the the commentators between matches. Upsets and bracket progression are both pieces of info that we WANT to know, just not during a match.
4) No spectators unless they pre-registered. PM me who they are. They still have to pay the $15 venue fee.
5) No eating/drinking on the main floor
6) Clean up after yourselves
7) Bring your own controller
8) CoG and GSVLabs (and myself) aren't responsible for any items you have lost or any damage that has been done to them. We are also not responsible for any injury or death that occurs during the event
9) At the beginning of Doubles towards the end of Single Pools, there will be no friendlies at ANY tournament stations.
10) Take a shower before the event. If you have really bad BO, you will not be allowed in the venue. -ChosenL's rule
11) Don't use words related to ****, racism, or anything else that proves you're the lowest of all life forms. You will be thrown out of the venue by security.
12) Respect the staff of CoG and GSVLabs by following all these rules.
13) Please help assist with cleaning up at the end of the event
14) When ChosenL ask you to put your hands up and give him your energy for a spirit bomb, you better do it
15) Please keep all hype beyond it's highest level
16) BRING EXACT CHANGE!!!! Those who bring exact change will be let into the building first
17) Keep your nametag on at ALL TIMES! If you're not wearing a nametag, you will be asked to leave the floor and restart your registration process (pay again)
18) Whoever calls ChosenL "Remix" during the event will be kicked out of the venue and banned for life
19) Competitors using wireless controllers must properly de-sync their controllers from the Wii-U. People who don't follow this rule will get 1 warning. If it happens again, he/she will be DQ'd from the rest of that tournament
20) Every event is BYOC and BYO3DS. The only event that will have spare controllers available will be Mario Kart 8 (wii-motes and nunchuks)
21) Controllers with Turbo or any kind of mod that assist a player in game are banned
22) Ukeleles are banned from the venue
23) Those who are registered to show up to the event but don't make an appearance on the day of the event without prior informing me will be charged double the venue fee at the next CoG event they attend.
24) People who register for Smash4 singles pass the 120 max will be put on a wait list until a spot clears up
25) No chair tossing or table flipping will be allowed unless you're a TO
26) You have 10 minutes to get to your pool once its announced to play or else you will be eliminated from you pool
27) During bracket matches, you'll be called up to the TO station to meet your opponent and receive a station card. That station card will tell you which station to play at. Go to the station complete your match, and then return the station card to the TO station and report your score
28) You have 10 minutes to report to the TO station once you're called for a match or else you'll automatically forfeit the match

Smash4 Wii U Rules

APEX 2015 rules: VI. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
A. Game Settings
● Stock and time are set to 2 stock and 6 minutes for Singles
● Custom Fighters are set to off
● Mii Fighters are legal. Miis are only allowed to use move sets 1111.

Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles Only)
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*

* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned, Omegas are banned and vice versa.
C. Additional Rules
● Stage Striking: The player with port priority strikes one stage from the Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one stage and the remaining stage is used for the first match.

● Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick a stage that has already been played on in the set.

● Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick lists

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mario Kart Wii U Rules

Game Settings
-4 Players
-4 Races
-CPU On Normal on random vehicles
-150cc
-any Vehicles/parts
-No gamepad allowed

Stage Selection Procedures:
-Rock, Paper, scissors
-winner picks any of the 1st course of any cup
-Play on course
-2nd place bans 1 cup
-3rd place among the 4 players selects the next cup
-4th place among the 4 players selects the course within that cup
-play on course, repeat until end
-1st place moves on in the bracket

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon OR/AS Rules
http://nuggetbridge.com/news/standard-ruleset-2015-vgc-season-updated/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smash4 Singles Waitlist:

1. Liquid
2. Feugo
3. JJ
4. DZG
5. Nixondough
6. GPheno
7. Soulimar
8. Space
9. Ven
10. NSYNC
11. A2 Slither2Hunter
12. virus
13. GCFOX
14. Bubbleyumm
15. Xieon
16. Corimon
17. Shinhideaki
18. AndyTheAlbatross
19. Ruza
20. Kylebaked
21. Jay_teezie
22. Pianos
23. Captain
24. MinhyunX
25. Tapin
26. AMP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payout:

Smash4 Pro Bracket
1st - 40%,
2nd - 20%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th place tie - 5%
7th place tie - 2.5%

Mario Kart 8, Smash4 Doubles, Pokemon ORAS Bracket
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a list of all completely registered teams:

1. Jimber Jangers, Alkaid - Two Girls One Luma
2. P$, Gshark - P-Shark
3. ChosenL, Mu - xX360NoSc0pe#Y0L0xXMLGPR0@xXWh3r3sPR0j3cTMXx@D1RiT0sxX420BLAZ3IT#n0A1mB0TXx
4. Fangfire, Forth - Bahama knights
5. CrispyTacoz, Soronie - Backslash Boys
6. M3, Keios - You Will Know Our Names
7. Pump Magic, Kronos - Michael Cera and the Penguin
8. 3hai, DSS - UCSmash
9. Chibi, My Jeans - "Our Jeans"
10. Xigbar, Boba Tapioca - Little Luma
11. Shaffle, brose - Mario & That Other Guy
12. Had0uken!, PhoenixZero - SmashKnights
13. SnorlaxPlox, Violet - KIRBY POCOLYPSE
14. Boringman, Arikie - Jesse cooks Parker's pictures of Spiderman
15. TRexDestiny, BaNdt - V I L L A G E B O Y Z
16. Mike C, CBK - OG renosmash
17. SEPH, Double Akira
18. BKO Virus, BKO Legit - Ebola
19. Rice, Scourge - Waifu Emblem
20. BOYz, Branflakes
21. BBS OWN DynoWright, Chair - Lame Express
22. Waael, Ven - PK FREE (cause caps matter....)
23. DoctorRiceYouSee, Marvel - Da Bes
24. BranFlakes, Beelmango
25. 1UP nitro, 1UP RED X - 1UP RED THUNDER
26. 1UP Phancy, 1Up Solitary - Thunderdome Gladiators
27. A2 Slither2Hunter, A2 Dyce - A2 Slice n Dyce
28. Super Oven, Bobeta - Super Luigi Bros
29. VaLKoRe, Momo - The Golden Crimson Crusaders
30. Trevonte, Zex
31. Brose, Shaffle
32. Treysemme, Chaos ProTeam Valet Boys
33. C4, Liquid - Liquid C4
34. Captain Cocksmoke, Split Heavens - The Reno Assclowns
35. Nomad, GCFOX - Team CGC
36. Shinhideaki, Corimon
37. REPTIL, Ernie - These aren't even our mains
38. DZG, Kylebaked - Kingdom Heartles
39. Sean, Jeepy SOI - Potassium Gas
40. WestJeff, Ruza - Big D Maggio
41. Diddy Mane, EsQueEs
42. D-Nate, Jay_teezi - ying_yang_squad
43. LongNoodle, MinhyunX - Team Vienna
44. Arda, JJ
45. IrateSwamie, JTF
46. Ikez, ThatOneOtherDude - Boss ass booty
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of Sponsors, more events, additional prizes, and more info coming soon. Anything can change within the next few days except the date. This will happen on Feb. 28.

Last edited:

Bukowski On Ice

Smash Cadet
Hype! I can't wait to jump back on commentary for this event. I've got a team set and ready, and we'll be showing off not only Norcal's talent players, but our talented speakers as well.

thank you based L

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
Any idea what the ruleset for Smash 4 will be? Specifically, 2 stocks or 3 stocks?

SuperMarioman11

Smash Rookie
NNID
fQuantum
3DS FC
3265-6396-2357
I will definitely be considering this, seeing as this is the only non-Melee tournament I've seen so far.

Juan Garcia

Smash Rookie
Hello! I had a question about the tournament! What time should I be there to sign up for a bracket? Thanks for your time!

Juan Garcia

Smash Rookie
Hello! I had another question regarding the singles bracket, So I am new to tournaments and what are pools that lead into the double elimination bracket?

Chosenl

Smash Apprentice
Do i have to bring a gamecube Adapter? or will there be some there already?
There most likely will be a gc adapter at each station. I would prefer that you would bring one yourself just in case you come across a station without one.

Chosenl

Smash Apprentice
Hello! I had another question regarding the singles bracket, So I am new to tournaments and what are pools that lead into the double elimination bracket?
Pools are basically groups. You'll be entered into a group of people at the beginning. For example, you're in group 3. Group 3 has 5 players. Everyone in that group has to play against each other. After that happens, you add up how many games you won. The top 3 people with the highest score move on into the pro bracket. The bottom 2 will be entered into the amateur bracket.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
What time do you think we should be there by, if we are just doing Sm4sh singles?

Also, is there any way I could convince you move Town and City as well as Lylat to starters? Having 3 starters is unfair for the first striker.

Last edited:

Chosenl

Smash Apprentice
What time do you think we should be there by, if we are just doing Sm4sh singles?

Also, is there any way I could convince you move Town and City as well as Lylat to starters? Having 3 starters is unfair for the first striker.
12:30! As for the stage, we'll be using Apex rules.

Kylebaked

Smash Rookie
Do we need to sign up for it in advance? If so can I sign up as well as sign up a friend?

Our tags are:
Kylebaked
DZG

Jilberto Olazabal

Smash Rookie
Event has been updated!!!
I have a few questions, sorry if they have already been answered.

Will there be friendlies at all?

Is there a link I can find some where on how to counterpick and stuff in smash 4? I just want to make sure I fully get it.

Do we bring controls for MK8?

Will VODS of the tournament be posted somewhere?

Chosenl

Smash Apprentice
I have a few questions, sorry if they have already been answered.

Will there be friendlies at all?
Yes, there will be dedicated friendly space
Is there a link I can find some where on how to counterpick and stuff in smash 4? I just want to make sure I fully get it.
Umm... Smashboards can help you if my description of it in the info didn't help
Do we bring controls for MK8?
If you want to, yes. Otherwise, you'll be using a wiimote and nunchuk
Will VODS of the tournament be posted somewhere?
they'll be posted on youtube with a link provided here later on.

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Can we sign up for the amateur pools only? If so how or do we just join when we get there without any sign up.

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Also can you join the doubles pools and also amateur? Also just to confirm amateur is singles correct?

Chosenl

Smash Apprentice
Also can you join the doubles pools and also amateur? Also just to confirm amateur is singles correct?
Doubles is closing. Message me your full name, team mate, his full name, both of your gamer tags, and you'll both be put in.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
Hey, I have another question. You mention snacks in the OP, but what sort of snacks?

BertBert27

Smash Rookie
NNID
BertBert27
I entered smash 4 through the google doc yet im not on the list, am I in?

Top Bottom