• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Dec 17, 2016] Baby, it's Salty Outside: A Smash 4 Tournament and Can Drive (Hubbard, OH)

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Glad you asked. This weekend, we're giving away a Mewtwo Amiibo for the winner of the charity bracket.

Donate items from the charity list to increase your entry spots, as well as your chances to win the amiibo and a small sum of money.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Update for The Youngstown Trials VII

We will be starting at 12:30 PM on Saturday, due to changes in my schedule.

Also, Singles now costs $10 and the winnings will be split 5 ways.

whytri?

Smash Rookie
Do you have any idea what time this event will end. I have a conflict later in that day.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
That depends. We’re only having two brackets, which makes things go faster, but we are going to try out 3 stock in singles, which may make things slow down. It comes down to how many people show up. I’d like to say that we’ll be out by 8 PM, but considering that attendance jumped by about 20 last time, you never know (especially at this point) how many heads we’ll draw.

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
I know I'm late to the party, but anyone looking for a Doubles partner?
I'm quick to adapt to any teammate; I took 4th at the last event woth a guy I had never played with before.
And I feel like I could place in the money this time.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'll be there with a few other Pgh'ers in tow!

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
The next date has been set! February 27th at 12:30 PM (Saturday).

:4bayonetta: and :4corrin: will be legal! Umbra Clock Tower... might be legal. We'll see :)

Dill777

Smash Rookie
Hello, are we allowed to participate in both doubles and singles, provided we pay of course? I haven't been to one so I don't know if that would clash or not.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Hello, are we allowed to participate in both doubles and singles, provided we pay of course? I haven't been to one so I don't know if that would clash or not.
You can play in both. The only overlap is when we get near the end of doubles, we start singles, so there may be some wait time. But you can play both. I recommend it actually :D

LilPoncle115

Smash Apprentice
I see the next date is scheduled for this local, but is the time still the same?
This will be my first local tourney so I'm new to this. :D

darkside426

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1306-5978-8003
Hey Adam can you send me your email or phone number again because I would like to talk to you because I am in my schools press class and I was thinking of having this on a part of are show to get the word around more about tournaments

Cherubim

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hawntei
Very slim chance, but I might be coming to this. It's June 19th, right? Looks like fun. :3

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
DATE CHANGED! We are now playing on July 2nd (Saturday), registration starting at 12:30 PM and doubles starting at 1:30 PM!

Here is the Facebook page for the event!

Very slim chance, but I might be coming to this. It's June 19th, right? Looks like fun. :3
July 2nd now

Is this a 2015 tourney or 2016?
I hope it's not in 2016

Last edited:

Get Low

Smash Ace
Hahaha, reading through my comments on the first page of this post, I was so excited about getting into this game and ****. And then I went to the first Trials and I played against some Autist who picked MegaMan and just ran away and shot bullets at me the entire match, and I couldn't do anything about it. Needless to say, I sold my Wii U and the game a week later, lol.

Anyway, I might come just to play friendlies since it's summer and I don't have much else going on. Game is still fun to play, just not against lame people.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Autist? Really now?
You talking about Craig? Because he plays Megaman, and that's how you're supposed to play Megaman. Spacing n' what not.

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
It really sucks when you start out. But as you progress, you'll find that linear strategies can't hold up as well.

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
Hahaha, reading through my comments on the first page of this post, I was so excited about getting into this game and ****. And then I went to the first Trials and I played against some Autist who picked MegaMan and just ran away and shot bullets at me the entire match, and I couldn't do anything about it. Needless to say, I sold my Wii U and the game a week later, lol.

Anyway, I might come just to play friendlies since it's summer and I don't have much else going on. Game is still fun to play, just not against lame people.

Get Low

Smash Ace
I don't know what his name was, but he used a 3DS as his controller and had his butt-buddy cheering him on right behind us the entire set. I just don't get why people would pay money, or even travel to a different state just to possibly play someone who runs away and shoots projectiles that are nearly impossible to bypass. If I recall correctly, I'm pretty sure that's why Brawl eventually died. Nonetheless, despite my, what the above poster referred to as, "salt", I still like playing the game for funsies. It's great on a casual level.

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
Someone needs to learn how to approach Megaman. Fun fact, its very easy. Just be patient.

Also throwing out insults like butt buddy and autist makes you look salty, and rather immature. I cant say I'd enjoy your company at any Trials I attend

Last edited:

LilPoncle115

Smash Apprentice
It really sucks when you start out. But as you progress, you'll find that linear strategies can't hold up as well.
True statement right here. I went out like a buster the first time I attended Trials in May. However, all the people there were really cool and helpful. It was a very welcoming atmosphere that enticed me to train and come back to the next one.

EDIT:
The_Altrox The_Altrox
Speaking of going back, I'd like to commentate matches on stream if able.
How can I sign up and are there any special requirements to be able to?
Thank you in advance. :)

Last edited:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Would be fun, but two problems there:

1. We don't have enough time for a third bracket.

2. The current tiers are outdated. And if we were to run this event, there's a 95% chance a Samus would win, assuming we consider her low tier.

Top Bottom