• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Rubicon 7 ft. Axe and MacD

Rubicon 7 ft. Axe and MacD
Posted by Vro
Courtyard Chicago Downtown Mag Mile
Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Vro

Smash Lord
Rubicon 7 (RC7) is the seventh in a monthly tournament series held in Chicago. Every tournament features a top50 player invite, amateur bracket, college student discounts, and Melee ONLY.

Thanks to you guys, Rubicon is the largest Chicago monthly of all time! Here are the Melee singles entrants # and guests of the previous RCs:

RC1 - 106, Druggedfox
RC2 - 106, Westballz
RC3 - 91, MacD
RC4 - 86, Colbol
RC5 - 100, Lucky
RC6 - 197, Silent Wolf

All previous guests have won 1st place. What will RC7 bring?

~~~
Our next guest earned 4th place at Genesis 3 and is ranked 9th on MIOM 2015. Please welcome from Arizona, Axe!
Please also welcome back MacD!
~~~

Please promote this to your local colleges. Discounted venue fee for currently enrolled students who bring college IDs.

Courtyard Chicago
165 E Ontario St,
Chicago, IL 60611

Intersection of Michigan Ave.
1 min drive from Lake Shore Drive
8 min walk from Grand Red Line
25 min bus ride from Union Station

GAMES: Super Smash Bros Melee, hosted by Vro and Goldman Snacks

PARKING:
DO NOT PARK IN THE HOTEL PARKING GARAGE. IT IS $64+

Please use local parking garages and use your best judgement. I will post the best parking solutions near the day of the event. Plan to pay ~$25 minimum to park in this area.

I *strongly* suggest splitting the cost of parking or to take public transportation.

STREAM:
twitch.tv/MeleeEveryday

SCHEDULE:
Melee
11:00 am - Venue Opens / Registration starts
12:00 pm - Doubles Reg ends
1:00 pm - Doubles Starts
2:00 pm - Singles signups end / LUNCH
3:00 pm - Singles bracket pools start
4:30 pm - Singles bracket pools done / Amateur Registration Starts / Doubles Top 4 / DINNER
5:30 pm - Amateur bracket starts
7:30 pm - Amateur GF > Top 32
10:00 pm - Tournament Ends
10:00 pm - Venue Closes

COST (Cash Only):
Venue fee: $17
Full Melee Setup: $3 discount
College ID: $2 discount
(so w/ both discounts: $12)

Melee Singles: $10
Melee Doubles: $5 each teammate ($10 per team)
(Ex: if you enter both events that's $15 + $17 for venue fee if you do not receive venue fee discounts.)

Amateur Bracket: $3
Eligible to those who entered Melee Singles but did not make it out of pools. Straight to bracket, double elim.

PAYOUTS:
<50 entrants
50%, 30, 15, 5

<100
45%, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5

100+
40%, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 2.5, 2.5

RULESET:
Melee:
- APEX ruleset (with a couple modifications) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74563582/Apex/Apex2015_Rulebook.pdf
- DK64 is banned in teams
- Semi's/Finals are all 3/5

ElliotTheDestroyer

Smash Rookie
Is Singles Bracket Pools the Same as Singles bracket? if not, can you give me the exact times for all things singles related (Not the amateur Bracket) at 4:30 PM is singles bracket over, or just pools? Also, if you get eliminated, do you have to stay? If you get into bracket do you have to stay? I am sorry for the inconvenience of me asking this, but I just want to make sure.

Vro

Smash Lord
Sorry I never check smashboards guys. Please join Chicago-land Melee on facebook for all additional info.

ElliotTheDestroyer ElliotTheDestroyer - Singles Bracket Pools is the start of Singles bracket. So when it says singles sign up ends, you have to sign up before that, I think that's pretty clear. At 4:30 singles bracket pools are done and then we create the top 32 bracket OR you go into the amateur bracket. This part you have to experience to know, so it's all good. You can of course leave any time you want if you have an obligation or just need to leave. I do recommend staying for extra games and to watch and experience it live.

FEOwain FEOwain the bracket will always be available at challonge.com/users/vro or by this naming convention - challonge.com/rc7top32 challonge.com/rc7doubles challonge.com/rc7poola

Top Bottom