• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West 2ND Monthly Smash Attack!

2ND Monthly Smash Attack!
Posted by Bkomel
700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 12:30 PM
Until: Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
10am on January 16. for all ages
Submissions start at 12:30 PM, Free play starts 10AM

We will be in a club house towards the top oh the hill on Alquire. (Industrial Blvd is Alquire)
like always here is the basic info

Tournament Rules
- bring your own controller
- 2 man stock
- custom moves allowed
- best of 3 rounds
- Loser of round can change character
-Coin toss for first person to choose stage, loser chooses next stage, but winner can choose to ban a stage as well
-Grand Final is either best of 5 or 3. Winner chooses
5$ entry fee

Prizes
-Ca$h
-Gift card
-Amiibo! (LITTLE MAC)

the neutral stages are:

-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Delano Plaza
-Skyloft
-Lylat cruise
-Castle seige
-Town and City
-Smashville
-Umbra Clock tower
-Duck Hunt
-Dream Land 64
-Miiverse
-Suzaku Castle
-Anything Omega

Also any stage that is not on this list, but both parties want to fight on is also acceptable, but both parties must accept

you can find our past smash tournaments on our youtube channel. Here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffa0xetiRuhO82CLzShCew

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThoseGoodGamers

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrettyGoodGaming/?ref=hl

Twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/pretty_good_gaming
We stream on Fridays or Saturdays

Hope to see you guys there

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
No Items, and yes corrin and Bayonetta are choosable

NewFoundAbility

Banned via Warnings
Dublin, CA 94568, bowing down before the Jlfksjlfl
NNID
NewFoundAbility
Have you used her? she's pretty hard to use, but can win. Also you were talking about bringing a set up last time
Yes, I have indeed used her. Pretty much nailed down her ground Down-B kick to Up-B then Side B 1 & 2 then Up air, or back air... Pretty fun.

Oh also yes, I do want to bring a setup. :)

Last edited:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I'll see if I can make it this time. Maybe bring along Vince and a friend
Awesome! more the merrier! Also yeah bring vince! I haven't seen him since the first one!

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Yes, I have indeed used her. Pretty much nailed down her ground Down-B kick to Up-B then Side B 1 & 2 then Up air, or back air... Pretty fun.

Thank you. That will make things smoother, and will get your entry waived

ModernBulbz

Smash Cadet
I will be attending again, unfortunately Jakyl-9 can't be attending. He has college on that day. I might bring someone else though.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436

Oh gawd, l can't play Bayonetta well to save my life. Any combo l try seems super easy to slip out of. And Corrin feels a little too slow. Cloud ftw. :4cloud:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Of course! I'll also see if I can get Mar'jon to join in too, but I'm not too sure.
Anyways, I better practice my match up with Cloud.
That'd be great!. Cheif hotsuin if your reading this, it'd be best to practice as these guys don't mess around

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Quick poll question. Which amiibo would be a good 3rd prize? I can easily get ZSS, Ganon, Fox, Lucas. I'm hoping to get a rarer one... but gooooooood luck on that

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Quick poll question. Which amiibo would be a good 3rd prize? I can easily get ZSS, Ganon, Fox, Lucas. I'm hoping to get a rarer one... but gooooooood luck on that
Never mind, just got a NIB lil mac. He's not my fav, but he's rare af

GunGuts

Smash Cadet
I wasn't able to go last month, but I think i can make it this time. I want that Mac amiibo.

GunGuts

Smash Cadet
You won't be laughing when I have that amiibo. jk. Please don't beat me up

Last edited:

Bleh13R

Smash Rookie
Whoa whoa whoa. I'm gonna be that one who wins bronze and get that mac amiibo. Just you wait. I will fight you to the deat for it... In Smash

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Whoa whoa whoa. I'm gonna be that one who wins bronze and get that mac amiibo. Just you wait. I will fight you to the deat for it... In Smash
Lol Well I'm not going to say anything for obvious reason. Also you just have to place to get it. 1st can choose any of the three second after and such forth. It's just that no one has cared to choose out of their tier so far.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
You won't be laughing when I have that amiibo. jk. Please don't beat me up
Bring your A game, as if all the people that say they're coming are coming, it'll be a real fight

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Hey Bkomel, you uploaded the Cloudy Day match today, I saw, but when I clicked on it - it had a strike... I guess something to do with the music? Kind of weird.
It was because of kinda funny gaming. They said that they were trying to implement a new youtube tool. Luckily the strike has been lifted and the apologized for the mistake

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Screw third place, l'm in for the win!

Cheesy rhymes will be my ultimate strategy.

That'd be great!. Chief hotsuin if your reading this, it'd be best to practice as these guys don't mess around
Already triple-checking M2K's Cloud in G3 to see if l can learn anything.

And have you guys ever thought of doing different songs based on the way the match is or how far into the brackets it is? Obviously, joking by using The Final Countdown in the Grand Finals is something.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869

And have you guys ever thought of doing different songs based on the way the match is or how far into the brackets it is? Obviously, joking by using The Final Countdown in the Grand Finals is something.
I have, but I can't do many songs as I don't want a copy right strike from youtube

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869

Also is m2k really the best cloud player? I saw a couple of vids saying so, but I didn't see anything that really surprised me. Just asking cause I'd like to use cloud more often, and i'm also looking for little tricks

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
So just so that everyone knows, placing prizes aren't set. think of it as 1st chooses 1st, second is, and second such forth

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Also is m2k really the best cloud player? I saw a couple of vids saying so, but I didn't see anything that really surprised me. Just asking cause I'd like to use cloud more often, and i'm also looking for little tricks
Him or Komorikiri from Japan. Best in America could certainly be M2K, but that'd mainly be because of Cloud's simple playstyle and how fundamentals based he is, like Melee Marth. lt's not because of some amazing techniques that these players are applying or anything. They just have more experience. That's how l see it.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Hate to double post, but when you ban FD, you're banning the Omega stages too, right? l know this is super obvious, but l just want to make sure.

NewFoundAbility

Banned via Warnings
Dublin, CA 94568, bowing down before the Jlfksjlfl
NNID
NewFoundAbility
Hate to double post, but when you ban FD, you're banning the Omega stages too, right? l know this is super obvious, but l just want to make sure.
Good question, but I personally don't think they are the same thing.
FD is a lot different from Omega Duck Hunt stage; walls under stages help Bayonetta come back to the stage slightly better than without them, since her recovery has to take in account for her jump, so having a wall there helps.

Last edited:

Turen

Smash Rookie
NNID
turentehtepig
Are any controllers allowed? My friends can't seem to stop using their 3DS.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Are any controllers allowed? My friends can't seem to stop using their 3DS.
Yes bring your own gear. We have our own that you could borrow. but it'd be hectic if everyone borrowed it kind of thing

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Banning FD only bans FD. Omega stages appear the same but they are not. some have lips at the edge, some are walls. some are neither!

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
FD is a lot different from Omega Duck Hunt stage; walls under stages help Bayonetta come back to the stage slightly better than without them, since her recovery has to take in account for her jump, so having a wall there helps.
You know it!

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Yeah, like Windy Hill having grass to slow down dashing up smash slides and walls, ****ing Bridge of Eldin's lip screwing over teleports, Omega FD having no difference, Battlefield still having the crazy thin lip, and so on. But they're still literally one platform, so characters that'll struggle on FD will struggle on Omega stages because they're still practically FD. So, even if you ban FD, the opponent can just choose one of the other 50 slightly different FDs.

l mean according to your banning rules, if l ban FD, they can just choose Omega FD, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom