• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 22, 2014] DIME 8 Ft. Silent Wolf (Plano, TX)

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Despite the recent population increase being capable of supporting a two-day tournament, I doubt that will what becomes of DIME 8 simply because it isn't intended to be such and would probably inconvenience to many people to be worth it.
With that said, *awaits word from Gabe*.

Bukowski On Ice

Smash Cadet
If Gabe is prepared for a 80-100 man tourney (which is much more likely if SW and Toph come) he'll be able to get things done in one day. He's a good TO.

NORCAL PRIDE THO

Bukowski On Ice

Smash Cadet
If Gabe is prepared for a 80-100 man tourney (which is much more likely if SW and Toph come) he'll be able to get things done in one day. He's a good TO.

NORCAL PRIDE THO

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
**** ******* ***** ***** *** *** *** ***!!!!!!!!

silent wolf is coming to texas.....

so, who's gonna be the guy that tries to take out silent wolf? TIRNO WHERE YOU AT?!

Dude, I will try. My dad visit's SA like once or twice a month, so hopefully I tag along to go to this. I wanted to go to IP but I couldn't, plus since I'm a bit new at Smash, I'm going to any tournament I can, how is the PM scene down there?
the P:M scene is strong. we have melee players that play P:M and we also have a few P:M exclusive players.

Last edited:

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
is the singles entry 10? and whats the payout? is the date solidified for the 22nd? (which i hope it is). how likely is it that this is gonna be a 2 day tourney? (i hope its not lol)

its likely that ill come to this. toph would prob come too.

edit: whats the closest airport?
i'll probably make entry $10 if you're gonna come.

holy ****

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
yeah people please rsvp in the thread or on the facebook event page (preferably here) i'll see what i can do to not mak it 2 days so sw and the rest of norcal can steal our $
sw do you need housing? train me plssssss
dfw is probably the closest airport afaik if i get my car working i could pick you guys up from there
i'll get as many details up as i can as soon as possible. last time i did 50% pay out to first place, which was $420 if you didn't already know. pay out to first place wouldn't go below 50%

Last edited:

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
**** ******* ***** ***** *** *** *** ***!!!!!!!!

silent wolf is coming to texas.....

so, who's gonna be the guy that tries to take out silent wolf? TIRNO WHERE YOU AT?!

the P:M scene is strong. we have melee players that play P:M and we also have a few P:M exclusive players.

Arc was a hit away from beating Silent Wolf at Apex 2013... just saiyan. That said, I will, of course, also be gunning for him. This is exciting :)

Last edited:
Yea were gonna need housing and a ride to/from the airport and stuff. I plan on coming in Friday evening and leaving Sunday afternoon.

Also I plan on destroying arc this time.

Edit: I'm not from norcal, I live in washington btw

No johns MT, I'm in school too lol

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Gabe if you havent already considered it, you should consider doing smaller pools where only top 2 get out, or doing bracket pools (aka straight bracket that is organized better for seeding purposes, as it is easier to seed smaller brackets) so that this event runs as fast as possible so it is a one day event.

Zhea

Smash Ace
I think if we run straight bracket for teams and top 2 bracket pools for singles, this can be done in a day. However considering we broke the 80 man mark last time and the strong ooc presence there will be this time, this could easily break 100. Also SA needs to figure out housing. In a pinch I can always rent a motel room or 2, but we'd love to hang with the local scene.

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
Uh, I could theoretically house 1 or 2 if you're cool crashing on a dorm couch. Not much else I can offer. I can definitely do rides to and from the venue or a nearby airport, though.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Also Gabe, I don't know if you do this or not, but you should take doubles and singles entry at the same time so that you can start making bracket/pools while doubles is going on. I will most likely go to this, so if I'm there I can help out if you need it

MT_

Smash Ace
Might be able to make singles. I have stuff on every Saturday 9-12 that's very important for my career and it's a 3.5 hour drive to Dallas so it's been really difficult for me to make Dallas tourneys in the past couple years. If you're going though then I'll be making an effort to go despite having to miss doubles.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea were gonna need housing and a ride to/from the airport and stuff. I plan on coming in Friday evening and leaving Sunday afternoon.

Also I plan on destroying arc this time.

Edit: I'm not from norcal, I live in washington btw

You'll have to get through me before you get to play Arc anyway. I look forward to it.

oscarmalherbe

Smash Cadet
Yo it's mojo. I'll be making out to this with or without carpooling, however, if anyone from houston is going..could I possibly catch a ride? and if so how much for gas

Noc

Smash Journeyman
iirc the venues uploading speed is trash...
This appears to be the same venue as Bowser's Revenge 6, which I was able to stream using the wifi. If the wifi upload speed is inadequate though, another option is 4G tethering with my Verizon phone which costs $10/4-5hrs at ~1Mbps bitrate.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
This is getting pretty hype... if this is gonna be pretty big, I think I'll come. As long as a PM tournament doesn't pop up that's less than 30 minutes away on the same weekend.

I might be able to bring a full setup, at least a CRT and power squid or two.

hmm..i looked at the wrong date before, and it turns out tickets are 350 instead of 250. ill have to think about this some more before im sure if i wanna go

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
hmm..i looked at the wrong date before, and it turns out tickets are 350 instead of 250. ill have to think about this some more before im sure if i wanna go
Make sure to clear your cache and cookies, sometimes airlines inflate the price based on how many times you've looked at the ticket prices.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
What Emleingod said is true, they do that. Also, you can call the airline and tell them that you saw the tickets at that price and usually they will sell them to you for that price if you point it out, my mom has done this many times. Also, Texas is really hype about this. The last DIME had 84 entrants, and that one was just a local with only a few out of city players. This one will have people from all over Texas, because Texas is excited that you are coming. I wasn't going to go until I heard you were going, and there are plenty of other people who feel the same way. Just look in our FB groups, people are hype. I honestly expect at LEAST 100 people at this one. That's a 1000 dollar pot, and if the least amount you will get if you win is 50%, that's at least $500 dollars, and that's not even considering doubles and all the money matches that people will challenge you too. If I was you I'd get that ticket quick before it goes up, even though you won't be winning too much with Mojo and Arc beating you :p

you have some good points there, except the one where lose to arc or mojo. i will prob go. ill post when i buy my ticket in the next couple days.

can anyone house me and toph/give us rides to and from the airport?

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Well Silent Wolf I have to keep it real. Another thing to keep in mind, is that about 75 of the people at the last DIME were local players, and I'm sure you know the implications of that, especially with the added factor that you are coming this time.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Also there are 3 full cars of people from San Antonio ALONE that were coming to this before you posted, and that doesn't even include me (I live in SA)

word. and i remember seeing 1st getting a new ctro in the results thread..does that always happen? thats filthy

what kind was it? i just bought a new white one like a week ago. gotta stock up though, its over for melee with no good controller =p

Top Bottom