• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 14, 2015] AlfaCollusion 5 (OSU UNION!) (Columbus OH)

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RAISE YOUR DONGERS ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

AlfaCollusion 5 is here to change your WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

PRE-REGISTER:
Pre-Register here

Please Pre-register in the link above, it only takes a few seconds (3 or so questions) and it will save me a tremendous amount of time in the long run. Doing so ill make the day of the even run MUCH smoother and less chaotic so you and everyone else can have more friendlies, less time waiting around between tourney matches, and overall a better experience for everyone!

ABOUT:
Hello there my name is AlfaStryke, one of the TO's here in Columbus! My goal here is to maintain and grow the Smash Bros. Community and unite them as a whole within Columbus. I enjoy seeing people gathering around and haveing fun. That is the main reason I host these tournaments. So I hope you come out, hang with us, and have a grand ol' time!

Oh and one more thing, I do also host Project M Bi-weeklies (here)

TIME/DATE:
Sat, Feb 14th 2015
11:00 AM- Midnight

Round Meeting Room (Floor 2)
1739 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43210
(We also have the Suzanne M Scharer Room which is right next door so probably do other setups there too)

EVENTS:
Smash Bros Wii U Singles

Project M Singles
Melee Singles
Smash 4 Wii U Doubles
*Melee Doubles
* Mystery Event
* if time permits

***Lain Stupid Rule*** You cannot enter in more than 3 Smash events (Mystery event wont count)
Stop bottlenecking brackets Lain :yeahboi:.
PRICE:
Venue: $5

(Venue will be completely waived if you bring a full setup* AND it is needed) <- I can't stress that AND part enough

Smash 4 Singles : $10
Project M Singles : $10
Melee Singles : $10
Mystery Event : $ 2
All Double Events : $10/team ($5/individual)
*Full Setup constitutes as one or more of the following
-HDTV, Wii U, Smash 4, and a Gamecube Adapter (if someone has an extra you can use the extra and it will count towards free venue)
- CRT TV, Wii, Project M 3.5 setup (Brawl Disk/ISO with Project M 3.5)
- CRT TV, Wii or GameCube, Melee Disk
-Credit/Debit card will be an option but it will be an additional $0.50 for processing

PAYOUTS:
> 5 entrants

Winner takes all (Event will be played Round Robin Format)

Singles < 5 > 32

1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

Singles < 32 (I hope every event will be like this)

1st Place - 55%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%
4th Place - 5%

Doubles < 5
1st Place - 55%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 15%

Schedule:
Note: Schedule is subject to change at any time

10:00 Doors Open/ setup will start
11:00 Registration begins FOR ALL EVENTS
12:00 Smash 4 Wii U Doubles Bracket Begins
01:00 Smash 4 Singles Pools Begins
02:00 Project M Pools Begin
03:00 Smash 4 Bracket Begin
04:00 Melee Pools Begin
05:00 Project M Bracket Begin
06:00 Melee Bracket Begin
07:00 Melee Doubles begin (if time allows)
08:00 Mystery Event (if time allows)
09:00 PM DOUBLES???? IDK:shiro:

RULES:

MELEE

RULES

General Rules
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items are disabled.
  • Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
  • Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock 3 min game will determine the winner of the game.
  • Playing as Master Hand is banned
Doubles Rules
  • Friendly Fire enabled
  • Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed
Stage List

• Neutral Stages
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Dream Land
  • Fountain of Dreams [Singles Only]
  • Pokemon Stadium [Doubles Only]

• Counter-Pick Stages
    • Pokemon Stadium [Singles Only]
    • Kongo Jungle 64 [Doubles Only]

Match Procedure
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
  2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
  3. Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
  4. The players play the first match of the set
  5. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
  6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
  7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  9. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
  10. The next match is played
  11. Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

PROJECT M

General Rules
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
  • Items are disabled.
  • Input buffer is disabled
  • All chain grabs and infinites are legal
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
  • Playing as Giga Bowser is banned

Doubles Rules
  • Team Attack enabled
  • Sharing stocks is allowed
Stage List
  • Neutral Stages
  • Dreamland (64)
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Counter-Pick Stages
  • Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
  • Final Destination
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshi's Story (Melee) (SINGLES ONLY)
  • Distant Planet (DOUBLES ONLY)
Match Procedure
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
  2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or second Stage Strike
  3. Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), the first player removes two(2) and the second player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
  4. The players play the first match of the set
  5. Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
  6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
  7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  9. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
  10. The next match is played
  11. Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

Smash 4 WII U

General Rules
* 3 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* Items OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If Time limit is up and Stocks and Percents are the same you will do a 1 stock 3 min game to determine the winner of that game
* Custom Moves are BANNED
* Custom Equipment is BANNED.
* Mii Fighters are BANNED
* Modified DSR: You cannot counterpick any stage you won on in the set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Best out of 5 sets will only have one ban
* All finals sets are best out of 5
Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “121″ fashion:
(Rock Paper Scissors to determine who strikes first)
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.
Stage list:

Starters:
-Battlefield
-Town and City
-Smashville
-Lylat Cruise
-Final Destination

Counterpicks: 2 Bans
-Delfino Plaza
-Halberd (Singles Only)
-Duck Hunt
-Kongo Jungle 64
-Castle Siege
-Skyloft
After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

SETUPS:
Please,Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Bring setups! This is one of the biggest individual factors that can make or break a smooth tournament! Less setups = Less tourney matches that can be played at once = Longer, more dragged out brackets = you are waiting more to play = less friendlies you can play = you will be sitting around longer doing nothing = NOT FUN! (also bringing one will possibly save you $5!)

THANK YOU AND BEST OF LUCK!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ I hope your dongers are raised by nowヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Last edited:

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
1/14/15 Edit:
-Smash 4 will be the priority Doubles Event, and will do Melee Doubles at the end if time allows.
-Adjusted schedule accordingly
-Added rulesset/stage list for Project M
- CHANGED DATE!!!!! BE ADVISED*****
- Updated logo (fixed Spelling, Changed date, changed series number from 6 to 5)

1/23/15
- VENUE UPDATED (OSU UNION)
- SMASH 4 RULES POSTED (WTF NO CUSTOMS?!)

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Would be happy to enter Smash 4. Though for my Smash 4 setup, I will be bringing a CRT TV rather than an HD one. Hope this isn't an inconvenience.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I think the better question is why no Smash 4 doubles when you have Melee doubles?

Logistically, it seems like you don't have a huge pull from it for other games (unless you run PM at same time for some reason) so it could probably run among the fastest.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I may or may not show up.

Considering Smash 4 doubles are apparently not a thing at this event, I'll look for an event this month that does have it, and if I don't find anything else then I may come here.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If there is Smash 4 Doubles Michigan will come down.

I don't want it to be over 1 year that I don't visit the Ohio homies.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
And this is on Valentine's Day
Going to make love to everybody

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'd been playing on the stage since before half of PM's population picked up the game in 3.0, @ PiBs PiBs , but thanks. : )

Last edited:

BigOrb

Smash Rookie
Looking for this to be my first tournament, I'm a netplay guy unfortunately and haven't had experience with a CRT since I was young. Hopefully I can make it if its not that far away. (I live in Circlejerkville right now, moved to here from Columbus)

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Looking for this to be my first tournament, I'm a netplay guy unfortunately and haven't had experience with a CRT since I was young. Hopefully I can make it if its not that far away. (I live in Circlejerkville right now, moved to here from Columbus)
I am anticipating it being in the OSU area so you can probably mapquest OSU and determine if that is too far for you or not. Once I get 100% confirmation on this then I will update the location on the thread.

Ohio86

Smash Cadet
Is there any estimation on a time for a start date? i swapped someone the 7th for the 14th. Since the change I am not sure if I can make it. I believe my shift will go until 2PM. Any idea when Smash 4 events will start?

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Is there any estimation on a time for a start date? i swapped someone the 7th for the 14th. Since the change I am not sure if I can make it. I believe my shift will go until 2PM. Any idea when Smash 4 events will start?
Probably in the earliest case I will start Smash 4 singles around 2ish

SoulPech

Smash Master
but then she's gonna surprise you for valentine's day and come home early...

She'll be like "Hey baby I'm coming home"
You: "Oh...hey I'm in Ohio playing smash. See you the day after VTine's Day!"

Last edited:

Hoyt

Smash Rookie
Haven't played competitively in years, time to show up and get bodied!

reyguns

Smash Rookie
Gonna be my first Melee tournament, been playing for years (older brother got it launch day). I'm excited, I've wanted to play competitively for a while.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Update date in OP!<3 Also, Smash 4 rules soon would be nice if possible. Looking forward!

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Anyone wanna team with me for Melee Doubles if I come? (Prefers Double Fox, but either way I don't mind who you play)

Top Bottom