• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Super Smash Bro. Tournament for Wii U/ GIFT-CARD PAYOUT

Super Smash Bro. Tournament for Wii U/ GIFT-CARD PAYOUT
Posted by Gpluskaty
GamesPlus Katy
Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Gpluskaty

Smash Rookie

Katy TX 77450
Schedule: Sign ups & Warms ups start @ 1 PM
Tournament starts @ 3 PM
Questions? Email gpluskaty@gmail.com
Rules: 3 Stock, 8 Min, No items
ENTRY FEE $5
VENUE FEE $5

GIFT-CARD PAYOUT!!!

RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

A. Game Settings

• Stock and time are set to 3 stocks and 8 minutes for Singles.

• Items are set to off.

• Damage ratio is set to 1.0

• Custom Fighters & Custom Moves are set to off.

• Amiibos are not allowed.

• All DLC characters will be allowed.

• Patch version of 2/3/2016 will be used.

• Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1111 Mii Brawlers/Swordsmen/Gunners available for use (Using Default A-F standard size Miis provided on console). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.
B. Stage ListStarter Stages

• Battlefield (Miiverse) *

• Lylat Cruise

• Final Destination

• Smashville

• Town & City
Counterpick Stages

• Delfino Plaza

• Halberd

• Duck Hunt

• Castle Siege
  • Dreamland 64
C. Additional Rules

• Stage Striking: Players/team engage in a battle of Rock Paper Scissor best of 1. Winner strikes the first stage. Loser then strikes the next two stages. Winner strikes the last one effectively choosing the first stage they play on. (1-2-1)

• Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set. (Match 1, 2, 3, etc.)

• Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player/team who won the previous game may ban 1 stage from either the Starter or Counterpick lists.

• SD Clause: On the onset of a SD KO move initiated, the winner is decided by the results screen. In the case of Sudden Death the winner is the initiator of of the SD KO. In event of a timeout, the player/team with the most stocks & least percentage wins.After each match:
  1. Winner announces stage ban (1)
  1. Loser chooses counter-pick stage
  1. Winner chooses their character¨
  1. Loser chooses their character
  • Allowed controllers: Nintendo GameCube Controller & Wii U Pro Controller

1PC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Descensus
Count me in haha haven't been since last year July!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Why do you have bans on controllers? What's the point in doing that? I'm a little confused right now... I mean, I'm still gonna try to book a date there as it is freaking close to me and I use GC controller. Still, it feels a little silly to not allow others to use Wiimotes or Classic controllers.

Honkeedoodle

Smash Rookie
So, where exactly is this being held? Because when I search the address it sends me to a weight watchers building, and that just doesn't seem right.

Gpluskaty

Smash Rookie
Why do you have bans on controllers? What's the point in doing that? I'm a little confused right now... I mean, I'm still gonna try to book a date there as it is freaking close to me and I use GC controller. Still, it feels a little silly to not allow others to use Wiimotes or Classic controllers.
The reason we ban those remotes is due to interruptions while people are trying to play. Other players forget to disconnect there remotes and sometimes it can become a problem. If people do want to use the wii remotes just come and ask and will do our best to flex the rules for those competitors. Glad you guys are interested in the tournament and hope to see ya here. :)

Gpluskaty

Smash Rookie
So, where exactly is this being held? Because when I search the address it sends me to a weight watchers building, and that just doesn't seem right.
Its in the same strip as the weight watchers, this store location has only been open for a while, so google map is not up 2 speed yet ^^; You will see our storefront near the weight watchers, its 4 doors down.

Honkeedoodle

Smash Rookie
Its in the same strip as the weight watchers, this store location has only been open for a while, so google map is not up 2 speed yet ^^; You will see our storefront near the weight watchers, its 4 doors down.
Alright thanks! If I do go, it'll be my first tourney ever! I will probably suck, but I'm going to train and improve.

Gpluskaty

Smash Rookie
Alright thanks! If I do go, it'll be my first tourney ever! I will probably suck, but I'm going to train and improve.
aww you cant think like that, besides its about having fun and being around people that enjoy the game as much as you do ^^

radiomercury

Smash Rookie
What time do sign ups close? I'd love to attend but I'm not really sure I can make it in time.

Honkeedoodle

Smash Rookie
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do another tourney! It was great! I can't travel that far away to go to other tourneys, and a weekly tourney like this would be great.

Top Bottom