• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Super Human Smash #7 @ First Congregational Church

Super Human Smash #7 @ First Congregational Church
Posted by PELLEHERE
First Congregational Church
Saturday, July 2, 2016 - 10:30 AM
Until: Saturday, July 2, 2016 - 04:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

PELLEHERE

Smash Rookie
NNID
chickenman9001
Hey, Everybody, Pellehere and GavDug are hosting our SUPER HUMAN SMASH #7 on the 2h of July.We will be having smash 4 singles and doubles! Get ready for your A-Game because top NH talent will represent.

Schedule:
If you are only doing one event you are allowed to come around 15 minutes the latest before that
bracket begins

10:30am : Venue opens

10:45am :Registration begins

11:30am : Tournament begins, registration closes

11:30am : Wii U Doubles begin,

1:00pm :Doubles End, Singles Begin

4:00pm : Tournament ends

$5 Venue Fee (Waived with full setup) Note : Full Setup includes TV
(First Come, First Serve on setups)

$5 Per Each Solo Entry (Except Side Event which is Free)

$10 For Each Team

-Pizza, Soda, and Chips are also going to be sold

Pizza : $2 a slice

Chips : $1 a bag

Soda : $1 a can

-Parking is free on the side of the church.

Payouts:

1st : 60%

2nd : 30%

3rd : 10%

Rules

General
  • Smash 4 singles is B03 until top 8 which is B05.
  • All tournaments are double elimination
  • All tournaments are on Challonge

Smash for Wii U Ruleset :
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mgDt_9JV64FylM8nmJvGJsF7SiTRCRM6lwHarVwvC3Q/edit?usp=sharing

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Super-Human-Smash-1535743863412997/?skip_nax_wizard=true

Challonge: http://challonge.com/tournaments?utf8=✓&q=Super+Human+Smash

If anyone is planning on attending please email me at PELLEHERE@gmail.com or message me on Smashboards. Thanks!

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Count me in, Ill be there. Hopefully more people see this and decide to come. I have setups for both games too. Are customs gonna be legal btw? I dont think I saw mention of it.

lukental

Smash Rookie
NNID
SalisburySneak
Count me in as well, this is too close for me to not go. I don't really have anything I could bring for a setup though

Edit: I'm actually working 9-12 that day. Is it alright if I got there at 12:30? I'll only be doing sm4sh singles.

Last edited:

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
I'll probably be there. I have a melee tournament to host right after this, but I'll be stopping by for PM singles.

Last edited:

PELLEHERE

Smash Rookie
NNID
chickenman9001
Count me in, Ill be there. Hopefully more people see this and decide to come. I have setups for both games too. Are customs gonna be legal btw? I dont think I saw mention of it.
Aaron

Sorry Customs will not be legal

GavDug

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gavdug
Hello guys I am the Co-TO of this tournament and I want to say im sorry for the two kids who showed up on December 5th. If there is anyway to make it up to you we will. We would like to confirm that it is on December 12th

PELLEHERE

Smash Rookie
NNID
chickenman9001
Count me in as well, this is too close for me to not go. I don't really have anything I could bring for a setup though

Edit: I'm actually working 9-12 that day. Is it alright if I got there at 12:30? I'll only be doing sm4sh

Yeah that's ok for 12:30.

GavDug

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gavdug
For all those who are coming please check this page again prior to coming to be updated if anything changes.

GavDug

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gavdug
As some additional info everybody is expected to bring their own controller

PELLEHERE

Smash Rookie
NNID
chickenman9001
Thanks everybody for coming! Keep in touch with this post if we update the date because we are definitely planning on one next month!

P.S Did anyone leave with an extra wii console Cables, If so let Me or Gtown_Tom know. Thanks!

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
I had a great time, and I definitely encourage anybody with the time to come check this out! The best of 5 sets were definitely a fun way to deviate from normal tournament conventions, but Id assume we would revert to best of 3 if and when our scene starts to grow more to keep the tourney running smoothly. I wont forget my gamecube adapter next time haha! Anyway, count on me being at the next one, looking forward to it ;)

Last edited:

GavDug

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gavdug
I had a great time, and I definitely encourage anybody with the time to come check this out! The best of 5 sets were definitely a fun way to deviate from normal tournament conventions, but Id assume we would revert to best of 3 if and when our scene starts to grow more to keep the tourney running smoothly. I wont forget my gamecube adapter next time haha! Anyway, count on me being at the next one, looking forward to it ;)
Wow javln thanks so much for the support!!

PELLEHERE

Smash Rookie
NNID
chickenman9001
Our second tournament is planned for the 9th! Keep in touch with this post if any changes happen.
EDIT:
-Project M Doubles have been removed
-Schedule has been changed
- All sets are now 3 out of 5 unless more than 25 people show up.
-If only doing PM Please show up by 12 the latest.
-Melee has been added

Last edited:

sRocky

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thetoontoon55
3DS FC
3265-5186-8696
Is it possible to sign up 10-20 minutes before Wii U singles? I know this is an odd question, and it probably won't be allowed, but if I want to participate this month it's the only way for me to do so since I have to go someplace beforehand.

GavDug

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gavdug
Is it possible to sign up 10-20 minutes before Wii U singles? I know this is an odd question, and it probably won't be allowed, but if I want to participate this month it's the only way for me to do so since I have to go someplace beforehand.
thats plenty of time to sign up as long as we get everything settled before it starts you should be good to go

sRocky

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thetoontoon55
3DS FC
3265-5186-8696
Okay thanks for letting me know. :)

VBD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volbeatdown86
Hey guys. I left my coat at the event yesterday morning and wanted to know if you had found it. Its a black zip up overcoat and i really need it. If you could hold on to it for me that would be fantastic. Thanks.

GavDug

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gavdug
Hey guys. I left my coat at the event yesterday morning and wanted to know if you had found it. Its a black zip up overcoat and i really need it. If you could hold on to it for me that would be fantastic. Thanks.
Hi VBD I would like to inform you that we did find your sweatshirt and it still is at the church.

aj_steel

Smash Rookie
Went to the first, missed the scond, and will probably make it to the third. Also, I may be able to bring a full Sm4sh/Melee setup but probably not both, so just tell me what would be better and I'll (hopefully be able to) bring it

Great tourmey btw, would reccomend to anyone in the area

PELLEHERE

Smash Rookie
NNID
chickenman9001
Went to the first, missed the scond, and will probably make it to the third. Also, I may be able to bring a full Sm4sh/Melee setup but probably not both, so just tell me what would be better and I'll (hopefully be able to) bring it

Great tourmey btw, would reccomend to anyone in the area

Can't wait to see you there!
A smash 4 would be needed a lot more than melee. Thanks!

Last edited:

sRocky

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thetoontoon55
3DS FC
3265-5186-8696
I'll most likely be going again. Also, I think you should add to the "Keywords" Smash for Wii U (assuming you still have Smash 4 at the Venue) as currently it is only Melee and PM. Just so it's less confusing for newer people.

PELLEHERE

Smash Rookie
NNID
chickenman9001
I'll most likely be going again. Also, I think you should add to the "Keywords" Smash for Wii U (assuming you still have Smash 4 at the Venue) as currently it is only Melee and PM. Just so it's less confusing for newer people.

For some reason you are only can have two keywords.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Just want to lyk Ill be there Saturday for Smash 4 and PM.
Also, is the DLC Bracket cost extra, and is it JUST the DLC characters? Id like to know cuz if so I want to tone up my boy Roy in advance :p

PELLEHERE

Smash Rookie
NNID
chickenman9001
Just want to lyk Ill be there Saturday for Smash 4 and PM.
Also, is the DLC Bracket cost extra, and is it JUST the DLC characters? Id like to know cuz if so I want to tone up my boy Roy in advance :p

Hey Javln! The DLC bracket is just for Corrin and Bayonetta but it is free

aj_steel

Smash Rookie
Hey, just wanted to update you guys as I will actually be able to bring a Smash 4 AND Melee setup to the tourney, and theres like a 10% chance I can bring PM as well.

Also, would I be able to signup for both the melee singles and the smash 4 doubles? I'm guessing it depends on the player turnout but wanted to know in advance.

PS: If someone that is going has a copy of 20XXTE please let me know, I desperatly need a copy of it />.>/

GavDug

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gavdug
Hey, just wanted to update you guys as I will actually be able to bring a Smash 4 AND Melee setup to the tourney, and theres like a 10% chance I can bring PM as well.

Also, would I be able to signup for both the melee singles and the smash 4 doubles? I'm guessing it depends on the player turnout but wanted to know in advance.

PS: If someone that is going has a copy of 20XXTE please let me know, I desperatly need a copy of it />.>/
Hey AJ, I'm not too sure if you will be able to do both as both doubles and singles are going to be run at the same time but we can definitely try to work something out beforehand.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Sorry to keep posting, but I have a setup for every game if you need them (Gamecube + melee, Wii + PM, Wii + adapter + Smash 4) I only have 1 TV tho and I want that for PM. I just want to knoa if there will be extra TVs for the other 2 games.

aj_steel

Smash Rookie
Hey AJ, I'm not too sure if you will be able to do both as both doubles and singles are going to be run at the same time but we can definitely try to work something out beforehand.
It shouldn't be a big deal, i haven't had much doubles practice anyways :p

GavDug

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gavdug
Sorry to keep posting, but I have a setup for every game if you need them (Gamecube + melee, Wii + PM, Wii + adapter + Smash 4) I only have 1 TV tho and I want that for PM. I just want to knoa if there will be extra TVs for the other 2 games.
We should have enough tv's for pm and melee just we may one more for smash 4

GavDug

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gavdug
What's the latest I could get there for singles?
Usually we do doubles round robin and that takes a decent amount of time, around late 12 and 1 o'clock. It only takes around 3 minutes to get someone registered and put into bracket so if you show up late it's easy enough to get you in. so i would say around 5-10 minutes before bracket actually starts

Last edited:

disc_

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bombie
Usually we do doubles round robin and that takes a decent amount of time, around late 12 and 1 o'clock. It only takes around 3 minutes to get someone registered and put into bracket so if you show up late it's easy enough to get you in. so i would say around 5-10 minutes before bracket actually starts
But it says "11:30am : Tournament begins, registration closes".

PELLEHERE

Smash Rookie
NNID
chickenman9001
That's for people who do Melee singles, or Wii u Doubles. No worries, I'll fix that so we won't have any more confusion.

Top Bottom