• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 13, 2015] Sunday Showdown ft Smash 4 and Project M (Pawtucket, RI)

Havenshine

Smash Cadet
Every Sunday we have Smash 4 and Project M going. In addition we have all the fighting games too if interested.

Venue $4
805 Broadway Pawtucket, RI downstairs from Super Dragon Restaurant

Project M is a $3 entry for the bracket and generally starts about 2-3PM
Smash 4 is a free bracket during Sunday Showdown events unless specified. Usually starts around 4-5pm.

All other games are friendlies unless enough players want to do a mini tournament.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I'm still glad this is a thing. Only thing that would make it better would be a stream. But then, I'm spoiled from Smashing Grounds.

JDIZ

Smash Cadet
What's the attendance you guys usually have? I just moved to RI and want to get into the scene here. Depending on what I have going on Sunday I'd like to attend and was just wondering.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
The last 2 I've been to have had it around 12 or so people for PM. Dunno about Smash 4 numbers, but it's definetely more than 8.

Last edited:

MakoSmash

Smash Rookie
Can people please bring setups so it runs smoothly. I think it would really help

metaXzero

Smash Champion
GGs all around. Glad we had 1 more set-up than last week. A shame there was less people, though that's probably due to Apex and the Super Bowl.

See everyone next week.

EDIT: Noticed this thread doesn't show up in the Atlantic North section.

Last edited:

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Awful weather today. I'm still not used to New England Februarys. Still making the plunge though.

I still don't get why this thread doesn't show in Atlantic North though

Thursday Knight

Smash Rookie
Every Sunday we have Smash 4 and Project M going. In addition we have all the fighting games too if interested.

Venue $4
805 Broadway Pawtucket, RI downstairs from Super Dragon Restaurant

Project M is a $3 entry for the bracket and generally starts about 2-3PM
Smash 4 is a free bracket during Sunday Showdown events unless specified. Usually starts around 4-5pm.

All other games are friendlies unless enough players want to do a mini tournament.
DO you guys have the gamecube adapter for smash 4 so ican use my remote and i may be going i really want to compete with other people than just my siblings

wintergarrett

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely interested in this, I have a few friends into smash 4 but there is only so much you can learn fighting the same people over and over. I of course do For Glory but those matches are only so good and it can be hard to find valuable skilled opponents to practice with. It would be great to get a chance to play some new faces and to experience some new play styles.

my Nintendo ID is chappy454 and I play a really solid Rosalina (I've been maining her since day one and I have already played 250 hours of matches using Rosalina)
I'm also working on Robin and Zss as secondaries

One of my friends is about on the same skill level as me and he mains Sheik and Diddy (in his defense he picked them before he saw any tier list)

DyNOmite64

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brian0620
3DS FC
1220-6870-1014
Sup guys I could bring my set ups again with smash 64 for n64 but I only have one controller if anything I have it on VC

NOMLSmashLeague

Smash Cadet
im in Lowell, MA. might end up coming down to check you guys out. could bring setups. I have 3 n64 setupds and 2 gamecube sets

Cheers, Happy Smashing,
NOML|shiYo

NOMLSmashLeague

Smash Cadet
see yall tomorrow. I can bring a melee setup, but no TV. anyone have a TV? I also have melee on my laptop, so technically 2 setups.

also, I have 3 n64's and 5 controllers. just no TV's

and whats the turnout usually look like?

Last edited:

metaXzero

Smash Champion
There are plenty of TVs there. I've personally haven't seen a day where they are all taken.

Turnout is decent usually. PM usually has at least 10 people and I know Smash 4 has alot more. Never seen Smash 64 here though.

xRoyal64

Smash Rookie
NNID
xRoyal64
Hey I just joined your facebook group today and I was wondering if I could come to your tournament on sunday, I have never played in a tournament and I was hoping to go. Do you have a skype or something we could use to talk? Thanks!

TheD0yle

Smash Rookie
I'm in the same boat as xRoyal. Never joined a tournament, but I am interested. This is the only one that was close to me, and I actually have the time. I would see if a friend could come too, I'm better than him, but I'm arguably a filthy casual. Not sure how strong the smash community in RI is, but I'm willing to find out haha.

Top Bottom