• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FC Nair Oos vs DJC Nair Oos

COB

Smash Apprentice
Obviously DJC Nair oos is the easier of the two options but a perfectly executed FC Nair Oos is the superior option.

What exactly is the frame differences of the two options and how much do you miss out on by opting to DJC Nair?

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
FC Nair out of shield Oos is actually really easy so I'm guessing do that? Unless you think there's some good reason. Also just Nair out of shield is okay if you want to escape as a mixup.

COB

Smash Apprentice
FC Nair out of shield Oos is actually really easy so I'm guessing do that? Unless you think there's some good reason. Also just Nair out of shield is okay if you want to escape as a mixup.
I am really proficient at almost everything on Peach with the exception of FC Nair Oos, I always accidentally down air. I can spam FC Nair extremely quickly but when it is Oos, especially with hitstun, I flub and downair.

Even if it is "easy," DJC Nair for me is 1,000 times easier and doesn't seem to be a terrible option. Just trying to get some thoughts! Or even some tips on FC Nair Oos

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. That's weird. I've always thought it's pretty easy. It's almost no different from just FC nairing. I might be able to help with this

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
Personally, I would practice FC nairs oos as it is the better option overall. For example, if you DJC oos, even if you L cancel, there's still a chance you can get punished if the other person shields it. Also, FC nair oos is slightly faster and can allow for mixups like FC nair > grab and such. The best way I can tell you to practice it is to fight a level 1 Bowser on handicap 9 and set yours to level 1 and set the mode to endless. Go to final destination and go from there. c:

jacobpilawa

Smash Cadet
Obviously DJC Nair oos is the easier of the two options but a perfectly executed FC Nair Oos is the superior option.

What exactly is the frame differences of the two options and how much do you miss out on by opting to DJC Nair?
Hey, I know this is a few months late, but if you're still having trouble, try to use z to do your fc nair oos. I find it better to have my thumb on y and my index finger on z so I can immediately fc and then nair just by letting go of the stick and mashing z.

COB

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I know this is a few months late, but if you're still having trouble, try to use z to do your fc nair oos. I find it better to have my thumb on y and my index finger on z so I can immediately fc and then nair just by letting go of the stick and mashing z.
Good news! I have it down now :)

Top Bottom