• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FC nair OoS Help

waifu

Smash Rookie
I was watching some peach matches last night and I saw that they would use a retreating/approaching FC nair OoS and they would be moving fast. Trying to learn this tech and I seem to be having a lot of trouble. Can anyone help me out with the inputs on this? Like when do you start the DI? Do you start it before the nair and then continue doing it again after or just quickly start after the nair?

Thanks for your time.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
to fc nair (oos or otherwise) the inputs are y/x>down>a/z>down (fastfall)

to do approaching nairs you have to put a forward movement in before and after the nair comes out but not during. you have to let go of the stick and let it be in neutral position during the a/z input. doing it while running would look like forward>y/x>down>a/z>forward>down (fastfall).

there is no DI involved in any of this, that term only applies when you have gotten hit and want to adjust your trajectory

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Tricky, pretty hard for newbies (recently there myself a few months back)

while shielding you'd have to be ready to JC the shield (press and hold Y/X) and Tap Down right when the jump should start long enough to be on the ground floating, releasing Down and with no Influence on the CS hit A, and after you see the Spin come out, let go of Y/X and press/hold Down to Fast Fall. It's hard, imo as hard as Down Throw into DACUS (in Project Melee) really. I usually go for BAir instead of NAir if I'm close enough because SOMEHOW peach has a hitbox for it just big enough to hit agaisnt the front side of her.

Hope it helps at all!

waifu

Smash Rookie
helped a ton. thanks yall! I kept trying to move foreword after i naired and not before as well. Thanks again!

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Np, I know she's got a low cheap level, but a really intensive skill gap so every little bit helps!

Top Bottom