• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fan Art: Shoes

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I wish I could like this a million times.
I'm in love with Link's, Samus's, and Marth's. :love:

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
Man, these inspire me to want to make my own shoes, but then i'd feel like a rip of artist. :ohwell:

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
Man, these inspire me to want to make my own shoes, but then i'd feel like a rip of artist. :ohwell:
dood! you CAN do some of your own! share your inspiration with others :)
and you really dont want to do somthing similar to me, try doing it with characters or things not in smash, like animals, or playstation characters, or evil movie characters :)

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
Original Post updated, thank you all for all the nice words :)

Next up will be Bowser and Pitt, two of the most requested characters.
However I would like to clarify, I actually drew all these shoes in one sitting, and have been colouring
them in slowly and uploaded them as i finish.

Bowser and Pitt will mark the end of that first drawing session, so there may be a couple days
after these 2 before more get uploaded.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
These look really cool! Especially the Marth one.....

The only one I'm not convinced with is the Kirby one.....I feel like it should either be simplified even more or made complicated in another direction. (like what would happen if Kirby swallowed a shoe....he'd become the shoe literally.

Just an idea.....

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
Bowser and Pitt are here!! Expect a few days delay for the next few, i am yet to draw them.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm in love with both Pit's and Bowser's already. Coincidentally they're my mains. <3

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Olimar is my new favorite (the mesh was genius). These are amazing.

EDIT: Seems you're doing these in some order of requests. Game & Watch and Pokemon Trainer are ones I'd like to see.

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
I personally would wear a pair of Link shoes (totally awesome), but I also wanted to give you props for how much the Fox shoes resemble his head while still looking like real shoes. Top notch work!

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I think my favorites are: Marth,Sonic,Samus and Pit. I really want to see a Rosalina one.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I don't give a damn about shoes generally. One or two solid pairs of shoes and I'm good for years.

But I gotta give due credit to talent, and these are a lot of fun, keep up the great work!

nessokman

Smash Lord
I would like marth and Pit shoes, please. :'( Why can't nintendo do this? It would get them good money

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
A bit of shameless self-promotion ;)

At the moment im putting together a series of sketches of shoes, inspired by the characters of smash bros 4.
I know some designers struggle to find inspiration, and i hope that by doing this,
i can show that its not that hard to get inspired!

all images will eventually be uploaded to my blog: http://tweetypurd.tumblr.com/

How did I not see this thread before?!

If these go for sale, i'm tempted to buy.

D

Deleted member

This is an odd choice for fan art. Regardless, impressive job! I would buy the Luigi shoes (because Luigi is my favorite character) and the Pit Shoes (because that looks freaking awesome) if they were real!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Odd thread and odd fanart, but interesting nonetheless. Those are really impressive designs.

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the long break, many life things came up, but i have drawn every shoe up to date, and will render them in the next few days.
Original Post updated with toon link and peach :)

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
A bit of shameless self-promotion ;)

At the moment im putting together a series of sketches of shoes, inspired by the characters of smash bros 4.
I know some designers struggle to find inspiration, and i hope that by doing this,
i can show that its not that hard to get inspired!

all images will eventually be uploaded to my blog: http://tweetypurd.tumblr.com/

All Good

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
Original Post updated, I had to re-draw both of these because i was unhappy with my first attempts, hopefully you like them :)

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I wish these were real shoes. (but I have weird feet, so I can't wear them anyway)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
You know what I like most about Dedede's? The thought that everywhere I go I'd be stamping large stars into the ground.
I'm not as sold on Zelda and Peach (Peach seems oddly bulky) as the others but they're still all great.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll take Pit's, Toon Link's, Mega Man's, and Samus'.

KEEP IT UP!

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Original post updated, only one more page to go now before we need to wait for more character reveals!

You know what I like most about Dedede's? The thought that everywhere I go I'd be stamping large stars into the ground.
I'm not as sold on Zelda and Peach (Peach seems oddly bulky) as the others but they're still all great.
Haha that would be awesome, if i designed the bottoms of the shoes there would definatly be the head of the hammer in the heel!
Peach and Zelda were really difficult to do i found, maybe if i did another attempt i would do a better job, but really i was just taking inspiration
These sketches are kinda like brainstorming sketches, the first initial idea. if this was a full project, i would then take the initial idea and develop and refine it
thank you for the feedback :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm totally feeling Lucario's! They have such a sense of speed and aggression that really fits with his playstyle. What's with those black threads poking out the back though?

On Rosalina, consider changing the white for pearl.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Annndd Now Lucario's shoes go on my favorite list. You sure do great things with blue.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Nice man! I saw these things on Neogaf didn't know who they originated from.

I want that Donkey Kong shoe so bad. So so so bad.

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
I'm totally feeling Lucario's! They have such a sense of speed and aggression that really fits with his playstyle. What's with those black threads poking out the back though?

On Rosalina, consider changing the white for pearl.
Those "threads" are just sketch lines from when i drew it originally, they can be seen at the toe of rosalinas, and across all the shoes here and there :p

Nice man! I saw these things on Neogaf didn't know who they originated from.

I want that Donkey Kong shoe so bad. So so so bad.
Hey, thank you :)
would you mind posting me a link to the neogaf post? just so i can make sure my work isnt getting misused? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Those "threads" are just sketch lines from when i drew it originally, they can be seen at the toe of rosalinas, and across all the shoes here and there :p
Ah. Initially, those on the upper back of Lucario's looked oddly dark, as though they had been inked in intentionally. Now I realise that a lot of your sketch lines are like that.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I need dem Oli kicks. I need them.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I just stumbled onto this and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I'll take two pairs of each, please.

Top Bottom