• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falling up-b

Dudex11a

Smash Rookie
Yea, so I found a semi-useful glitch with Toon Link's up-b. If you run up to a ledge and press up-b right before the ledge (without pressing any other directions after because you want the running momentum to push you off the edge) you will fall off the ledge while doing an up-b without going up. This also auto-cancels when you grab the ledge for some reason.

I believe this also works with both Links but I have yet to test it on both.

Last edited:

howbadisbad

Smash Apprentice
This was a technique that was used by both links in melee for edgeguarding I believe. I think it was rarely used because it was difficult to do consistently, and because you could hit your opponent and give them back their recovery.

I am 99% sure this isn't a PM only trick.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I seen someone else post that tech in another thread. I tried it and concluded it was too hard to do for the reward. I'd rather cover that space with a nair.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
For some reason this is easier with big link, but the reward you get is negligible because it counts as the air version of up-b so it has like no knockback.
Toon Link gains much more advantage off this, but going from ledge to ledge keeps the hitbox out for way too little and is thus very hard to hit with. It's much better to do it from a platform and grab the ledge or land.
I personally find it easier to moonwalk first before attempting to falling up-b. The power is there, but I still recommend your opponent being around the 120%+ range to guarantee the KO instead of just helping them recover.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
this is really old
it's a tech from Melee called ledge canceling, not a glitch

Last edited:
Top Bottom