• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falco Social (Where We Prefer The Air And The Points Don't Matter!)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I saw we didn't have one here so I thought I could give us a proper social thread so Falco players can come together and interact!

It's pretty simple. Just don't break any smash boards rules and let us all get to know each other a bit and socialize. Feel free to introduce yourself or start a conversation!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It's funny....do we really prefer the air at this point?

I think FOX thrives more there than Falco does....Falco's grounded game is a lot better than Fox's. The most air I do with Falco is some UpAir followups after D-Throw into Dash attack if I know my opponent isn't gonna react (their only options are jump away or airdodge), and Backair for offstage/followup kills.

I guess I'll introduce myself, I wanted to play this char on 3DS and onward but he felt yuck, then I got a GC controller and it fell into place, I felt like I had better control of his options. The 3DS controls really did not do this character any favors (ironically it's how I felt about Dr. Mario. I got a C-Stick with him and now his throw game feels legitimately ****ing absurd but that's another discussion entirely).

I guess I'll start by saying I can NOT wait to unlock the Void Reflector custom move because I feel like it's going to be crucial in certain matchups, especially Villager. He likes to pocket reflected projectiles? Well, let's just make them not exist!

Legend Vermillion

Spanish Brawl Competitive Player
I guess I'll introduce myself, I wanted to play this char on 3DS and onward but he felt yuck, then I got a GC controller and it fell into place, I felt like I had better control of his options. The 3DS controls really did not do this character any favors (ironically it's how I felt about Dr. Mario. I got a C-Stick with him and now his throw game feels legitimately ****ing absurd but that's another discussion entirely).
I dont have WiiU version yet and I have always been thinking Falco would be much better in that version with a GC controller, happy to see this thought coming true :p

Last edited:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
NotAnAdmin.

Long time lurker, Smash fan and gaming fiend.

I usually just go with the flow when it comes to picking a main. This is actually the 1st time I've thought about playing a spacey.
I always thought Falco was the coolest Star Fox character. My first try for a Smash 4 main was Wii Fit Trainer, but I found Falco, and I saw the light.
Also have a Jiggs, Link, and Ike secondaries, I only play them when I need to play the match-up a bit better or to screw around...

Since then I've started working on getting good with these guys.
I have both versions but since the GC controller on Wii U is better I will continue playing there, Now I can finish Strange Journey haha. If I play on 3DS it will just be for testing.
AtomicRobotic on Wii U because Nintendo won't let me put Admin in my name add me, I play mostly on weekends but if I have time I may set up and hit the lab.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I decided I'd pick up Falco as a secondary. I really like him in this game.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Most active social thread ever

Anyway, Im also trying to add Falco to my mains... or at least secondaries; It was very enjoyable in Brawl and I want to find that "aerial fun" again

...and spike everything with down aerial of course :p

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I came here out of pity for @ Ffamran Ffamran ;p
How are Falcos MUs shaping up?
Any salvageable data you guys can spare?
Cuz I have a friend who uses Falco and it would be great to have a hard counter for it.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I came here out of pity for @ Ffamran Ffamran ;p
How are Falcos MUs shaping up?
Any salvageable data you guys can spare?
Cuz I have a friend who uses Falco and it would be great to have a hard counter for it.
... Well, there are the stickied threads about stuff on Falco and there's this that I gave to a recent thread and I'm too lazy to re-write:
Sorry for the late reply, but I was busy. Anyway, we have several resources for you to learn more about Falco.

For one, take a look at @Illuvial's guide on Falco: Personally, I prefer the air!.

We also have videos for you to watch players like @BltzZ, @Charhazzard, and @gameplayzero to learn or reference off of: Good Falco videos?.

If you want to practice with some of the Falco mains, then check out @ NotAnAdmin NotAnAdmin 's NNID/FC sharing thread: Anyone want to share NNID's or Friend codes?.

On combos, approaches, and such, we have this thread: Falco: Approaches and Combo/Strings by @ Legend Vermillion Legend Vermillion .

@Bonk! has a thread specifically on Falco Phantasm being used as a good read meteor by hitting an opponent while they're trying to recover: Phantasm Spike!.

Similar to Bonk!'s thread, recently, @Izaw found out about frame canceling which is an advanced technique that makes Falco's Dair a heavy punish. It's not something to focus entirely on, but it's something to remember for later. Here's the thread: Falco Dair Cancel.

Also, I am working on Falco's moveset data. It might seem a bit complex at first, but you can use it to check Falco's move damages, frame speed, etc. For now, I'm still setting it up the more detailed parts while the datasheet is up if you just want to look at that, so expect updates. Here's a link to the thread which is one of the stickied threads: I'll Take The Sky Any Day; Falco Moveset Data.

To give another shout out, @Onehandbackhand is working on an in-depth look at Falco as well.

I will lock this thread since there's not much to continue off of. So, start learning, reading, watching, and searching. Welcome aboard.

Edit: Oh, and @Jtails has a good video to learn the basics about Falco.

Last edited:
NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
This is a social thread.

Hi friends! If any not-Falco mains wanna try their hand against one on Wii U, don't hesitate to ask me as I'll be on a wired connection approximately the day Apex 2015 starts! Woohoo!

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
This is a social thread.

Hi friends! If any not-Falco mains wanna try their hand against one on Wii U, don't hesitate to ask me as I'll be on a wired connection approximately the day Apex 2015 starts! Woohoo!
We should play sometime, I need to get some Sonic v Falco experience. (also maybe Zelda, don't tell the Zelda boards I use Sonic please)

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
We should play sometime, I need to get some Sonic v Falco experience. (also maybe Zelda, don't tell the Zelda boards I use Sonic please)
Your secret is safe with me. We could if you want, but I will warn you that Sonic is my absolute most dreaded matchup; I don't know if I can handle the mental gymnastics needed to fight with Mr. GOTTA GO FAST when I'm Falco. :p

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Hello, I'm PSIBoy! Just picked up Falco as a fun character. Pretty good with him, but looking for improvement, so you'll mainly find me stalking these boards a lot.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Your secret is safe with me. We could if you want, but I will warn you that Sonic is my absolute most dreaded matchup; I don't know if I can handle the mental gymnastics needed to fight with Mr. GOTTA GO FAST when I'm Falco. :p
Can you play tonight? I'll take it easy on you (not really, I just suck).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, there's the new Star Fox game coming out for Wii U sometime this year before Zelda Wii U and next week or how many days, Majora's Mask and the New 3DS is coming out. Oh, and someone mentioned, I believe if I read correctly, that Xenoblade Chronicles for the New 3DS is coming out on April 10th.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Not all threads can be the Zelda social :/
Doesn't mean we have to be boring either. :/ What do you want some Falco newb to think of us as, the guys who are super cool and stylish like the bird himself, or a bunch of lames who talk about nerdy things like "match ups" and "frame data" while winning tournies because we discovered how to beat hoo hah?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
We could be both which is what it seems like if there was more activity here.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I wish I liked Falco in this game :( I like him in Melee :D

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I wish I liked Falco in this game :( I like him in Melee :D
GET OUT, HEATHEN! :p

I just realized that: "Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger! Can I take your order?", would fit Falco so much especially considering that machinima of Falco with Samuel L. Jackson's voice and quotes from Pulp Fiction.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
GET OUT, HEATHEN! :p

I just realized that: "Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger! Can I take your order?", would fit Falco so much especially considering that machinima of Falco with Samuel L. Jackson's voice and quotes from Pulp Fiction.
I'm also sorry that I'm making you moderate more than a post a day.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Hey Guys!

I have decided to pick up one of my favorite Brawl characters again. At first I didn't really flew smoothly with him, but I feel rather confident with him now.
As I progressed with my training, I usually don't have to worry about my own hide most of the time and I guess I should be thankful for that.
I don't really now why I havn't picked him up sooner, because I usually prefer the air, but now that I have, I feel like it's time for a little payback.

All right, enough with the intro, I'm gonna have to back off!

;-)

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Personally I like how people are flocking to Diddy, Shiek, ZSS and co. It satisfies me to beat them with such an underrated character like Falco every time. :-)

That outts the way, I found a strange "glitch" with Falco. I do lack the means to record it properly, so maybe an explanation will do instead.

OK, so I wanted to surprise my enemy by chasing him off stage with a phantasm. For recovery, I of course chose to Djump and then FireBird back to the stage. HOWEVER Falco got pushed away from the stage while charging the Fire Bird.

I was puzzled, to say the least.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
speaking of glitches, If Falco D-throws Cpt Falcon near the edge of the stage he gets a weak stage spike and catches many off guard

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's quiet in here.....too quiet......waaaaaaay to quiet

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So evolution proves that Falco's race, at one point of time, originated from Planet Sauria?

Mind blown.....
you know how Falco used to be the leader of a gang? and remember that he was missing completely in adventures?

yeah, he just didn't want to bump into his old gang of friggin flyin dinosaurs

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
you know how Falco used to be the leader of a gang? and remember that he was missing completely in adventures?

guys this is canon

trust me I played adventures for an hour and youtubed the rest

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Personally I prefer the non-canon theory that Falco actually devolved during Adventures and was one of them flying dinosaur things that Fox rode. So in Adventures, Fox was riding Falco in the sky.

He re-evolved in time for Assault.

If evolution in Star Fox is true, then Andross and Andrew and all those monkeys must be humans before evolving this making us ancestors of Andross. Therefore, the Star Fox series is a historical account of life before humans evolved!!

Last edited:

Forty4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePriceIsWrong
I've decided on Falco as a tertiary character, so I guess I'll ask some general questions:
What is Falco good at? What does he struggle with? What are some combos and kill setups? Does he require a lot of dedication a la Peach? Thanks in advance and I guess I could ask for some general tips as well.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Falco is probably the most honest character in Smash 4. He plays like a boxer going in and out striking when you can.
I think Falco's pretty good at gimping and baiting opponents. His B-air is in my opinion, the BEST B-air in the game. Frame 3, Lagless, does a hefty chunk of dmg, and murders at 80% near the ledge if sweet spotted.
People seem to struggle getting kills with Falco or find it hard to approach.
D-throw is your best friend, sets up so many options for you to play around with.
Falco isn't technical at all compared to Peach so he should be easier for you to pick up.
Don't be afraid of using both the lazers and reflector. They both have their uses, lazers to force an approach, and reflector to change the momentum of the game.

Speaking of hard to approach, I don't see many Falco players implementing the SH Airdodge Nair Cancel as a mean of approach. It honestly needs to be researched a lot more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom