• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-air?

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone here like Forward Air? If so, can you convince me to like it?

I find it has so much lag, and the same, if not less knockback than Up-air, and half the utility as using N-air or B-air in the same or similar situations. I also find it a lot harder to L cancel as other aerials, and yet I still see people using it/

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
When you hit with forward air, the opponent is in shield stun for a long enough time what you can do a lot of things out of it when you FC it. Easier said than done but great when it happens. Also had decent horizontal knockback as well!!

Alchemeister

Smash Rookie
I love watching mew2king play peach just due to how many Fairs he throws out.

But seriously, if you can consistently space and time it. It'll become one of your favorite things about peach.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
I just find too much delay in it. It has similar knockback to n-air, only one hit, is far more punishable, and less functionality.

TopKek.GG

スーパー かわいい <3
I love FAir, the sound that it makes is so satisfying (especially in PM). It took me a little while to get better at using it though cuz as you said the startup is slow. The shield stun is the main reason to use it though. FC FAir into Dsmash or grab is fantastic.

Dryillic

Smash Rookie
The frame advantage with Fairs, Nairs, Uairs and Bairs all come down to a positive 4 frames on shield stun making them all very effective. I think it's important to use variety in moves to make yourself less predictable. In other words, if you aren't familiar with the Fair as much then you should familiarize yourself with it in order to improve the options you have.

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
At higher percents, nair gives more knockback than fair, but fair can be a great tool for punishing missed techs or regaining stage control, as well as edge guarding if timed well. Once you get used to the timing and spacing it's a great tool that should definitely be used.

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
You guys did a terrible job explaining the difference between the Nair and Fair and what they mean in Peach kit. TSKTSKTSKTSKTSK

Nair is ****ing fast. Like, really. 3 frame moves are dumb, and Peach's nair is one of them. It's the perfect newbie "out of jail card" at low percents. It also scales really really well with percentage.

Fair has less scaling, but more set knockback, it's kinda laggy, you can't use as OoS option but it's a huge hitbox that covers a lot of space. This is why you see people doing offensive/retreating falling FC Fairs instead of Nairs. Also, Nair loses the high knockback pretty fast, while Fair has the same knockback all time, so at early percents, Fair is really good (specially for gimping, just check DoHs gif)

They are different tools and you should use both of them for optimal results.

Top Bottom