• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo2015 Melee & Smash 4 side-by-side

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Good job Smash, keeping it hype at Evo. Can't wait til next year!

Conda

I still wished that Smash 4 had Melee's lighting for it's Top 8.
I know, it's amazing the shaft Smash 4 got presentation wise. The other fighting games had an even better setup. Why did Smash 4 look so bland and unproduced?

Conda

Probably because people don't take Smash 4 as seriously, it doesn't have the history the other games do (even though that's not true, but Brawl was treated the same way and that's where the Smash 4 history comes from).

RoboDragon

Smash Rookie
Wow, this video makes smash 4 look less hype than melee. I mean, the match with Armada and Hbox was already finished while Smash 4 still had 2 minutes until the match finally ended. I feel like smash 4 will be like brawl if there aren't as many useful movement techs in the game, as well as more combos than d-throw into whatever. Well, at least we all know why we have two stocks on smash 4. Also, I'm not bashing smash 4. I like it, but I don't feel like it will "beat" melee in the competitive scene. People are gonna like more combos and movement than easy combos and patience. Well, that's just my opinion :drflip:

Conda

They're just different games. Some people enjoy what Smash 4 excels at, while others enjoy what Melee excels at. And most people enjoy both, at least as spectators, because Smash in general is what they love.

It's a pretty boring and mundane topic, and not at all the point of the video.

Last edited:

mrdoingboing

Smash Cadet
I'm not as enthusiastic about Smash 4 as I am about Melee, but even I felt like it was almost unfair that Smash 4 didn't get the main stage on Sunday. The scene is still young and really could have used some extra exposure. I really hope that both competitive scenes can coexist and not see each other as "threats" to their competitive livelihood.

Oh yeah, and nice video btw :3

Top Bottom