• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO Friendly Finder!

NNID
dansalvato
Have setups in your hotel room?
Fill this out!

Sup! As you may know, there likely won't be any friendlies at the EVO venue because of limited time and space. So, I am compiling a list of players who will have CRT TVs in their hotel rooms. This way, players in the same hotel know where to get their hands on some Melee!

If you are afraid this will cause people to knock on your door all night, remember that the hotel will come with a "Do Not Disturb" door hanger that will let players know you are sleeping.

Code:
HOTEL        ROOM        #TVs
-----------------------------
Bally's       2174       1

How to Get CRTs
Look through THIS PAGE for Craigslist listings of TVs in Las Vegas. Try contacting someone listing a TV and have them hold onto it for you until the 11th/12th, and ask if they will deliver it to your hotel for some extra money.

If you are fortunate enough to be driving to Vegas, please bring as many TVs as possible! Ask all your friends. Many a household has some old CRT lying around that they don't use anymore. This would help everyone tremendously.

Let's work together to make EVO an unforgettable experience!

NNID
dansalvato
Okay, here's a tally of rooms with TVs so far:

...Yep, we're screwed. >.>

I'm going to call my hotel to see if they have any TVs in storage.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
there's a good chance that you can use my tv, so long as im welcome at your hotel room to play/watch people play :p

hectohertz

Smash Ace
right now we're too full :(

we may have more space later.
and we defintely need setups, so we could let more people in if you come with a setup.
we have a tv that we desperately need an RF adapter for

NNID
dansalvato
right now we're too full :(

we may have more space later.
and we defintely need setups, so we could let more people in if you come with a setup.
we have a tv that we desperately need an RF adapter for
Ugh, I knew I forgot something!! I forgot cables/adapters/universal remote D:

edit: Ask the hotel if you can talk to the AV department, they might have that stuff for you. Might as well also ask if they have any CRTs in storage!

NNID
dansalvato
They got enough TVs so we're good to go. If they're taking more I might have one but otherwise it'll be in my room (Bally's 1704)

Top Bottom