• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo East: The East Coast Championships (May 25-27, 2007) *All Information updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
EVO EAST: The East Coast Championships

Date: May 25 - 27

This year, the ECC staff will be working together with the Evo staff to produce one of the biggest ECCs ever!

May 25-27, 2007 (Memorial Day weekend)

1 Stamford Pl
Stamford, Connecticut 06902
(203) 967-2222
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...propertyID=264

Tournaments:
Marvel VS. Capcom 2
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Virtua Fighter 5
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Super Smash Bros.
Guilty Gear XX Slash
(Top 8 bypass pool play at EVO Worlds in Las Vegas, NV in August 2007)

Rules:

This tournament will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

*Game version: Nintendo Gamecube
*Game Settings: Singles VS Melee, 2/3 Games, 4 Stock, 6 Minute Timer, No Items
*If both players can agree on a stage, that stage will be used. If there is conflict, then the rules below come into action.
*Pool A: Final Destination, Kirby's Dreamland 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams.
*Pool B: Mute City, Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Brinstar, Poke Floats, Corneria, Jungle Japes.
*The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random from pool A. Any games after that can be from pools A or B.
*After the stage has been selected by the losing player, the winner of the previous game may change characters, but has to pick first.
*No stage may be used twice in any given set.
*Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
*Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

SCHEDULE:

Friday
9am - 12pm Emergency Onsite Registration
12pm- 6pm (Free play, unofficial tournaments)
6pm - 8pm Virtua Fighter 5
8pm - 11pm Capcom Vs SNK 2

Saturday
8am - 9am Emergency Onsite Registration
9am - 11am Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
11am - 2pm Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
2pm - 4pm Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
4pm - 7pm Super Smash Brothers Melee
7pm - 9pm Marvel vs Capcom 2
9pm - 11pm GGXX Slash Team Tournament

Sunday (Finals)
10am - Virtua Fighter 5 Finals
11am - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Finals
12pm - Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Finals
1:30pm Super Smash Brothers Melee Finals
2:30pm Intermission
3:30pm Capcom vs SNK2 Finals
5:00pm Guilty Gear XX Slash Finals
6:00pm Tekken 5 Finals
7:30pm Marvel vs Capcom 2 Finals

Register at the link below:
http://www.evo2k.com/east/

Registration Info:

Early Bird Registration!
Monday, March 26 - Sunday, May 6th, Online
Get a $10 discount on your registration cost!! Only $20 to register, plus $10 for each tournament.

Registration
Mon, May 7th - Mon, May 21st (12:01am pst), Online

After May 21st the cost of registration will rise to $30 to enter, plus $10 for each tournament.

Emergency Registration
Friday, May 25th 9:00 AM, The Westin Stamford

We will be accepting a small number of registrations at the door. However, the event fee for late registrants will be increased to $45 for event registration, plus $10 for each tournament you choose to enter. Register now and save $25!

Evo East Thread at Shoryuken:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=127989

valoem

Smash Journeyman
lol, gerry, u just couldn't resist.
evo should be fun
hell yea this would be the first tournament im going to this year, i really wish they would post up the rules soon not sure if it is the same as evo south

HipHopSpam

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone confirm if the rules from Evo South are the same for this event? I'm mainly referring to the single elimination rule...

Vist

Smash Champion
never seen brackets done like that with the 2nd seeds starting out on the losers bracket right off the bat in the 2nd phase

very interesting

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I'm Prob Going. Anyone know if there are definite East Coast Pros going, any members of TSA or any other east coast players.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
Ok I added all information schedule, rules, etc. if anyone needs any more info just post it and I will put it up

dirty1

Smash Cadet
to far... to far. idk if i can drive 3 hours for this. althoguh i would like to go to see the Mvc2 players play. and all the other street fighter games. smash of course.

**** everythign else

metalbrawler510

Smash Rookie
dude, im there. not far from my house, and been playing melee like crazy lately anyways. if there are teams that would b awesome. me and my bro would pown!

kiwiii

Smash Lord
maybe.
anyone from md/va going to this? if so, may i carpool? ._.
lack of teams have/will definitely affect attendance x;

D1

Banned via Administration
Hmm...not too fond of the ruleset (6 minutes-I already know about the time constraints so no need to explain)+lack of teams...I may or may not show *shrugs*

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Lol srk ppl are always talking about doing whatever it takes to win like camping and such well maybe they should give us the time necessary to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom