• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event Preview: Smash@Tier3 Volume 6, A Mexican Regional feat. Leo, Regi, Serge, and more!

Joining the trio of large regionals this weekend (along with Avalon U-II and Oh, Did I Win? 2) is Smash@Tier3 Volume 6, taking place in Mexico City, Mexico. Mexico City is home to some of the country's best, including the infamous fourteen-year-old Meta Knight prodigy, Leo. Can he and his fellow Smashers defend their home from Regi, the Mr. Game and Watch master from Guadalajara who placed top 32 at EVO 2015? As if readers needed another reason to be hyped: did we mention Corrin and Bayonetta will be legal for this tournament?

Featuring not just all of the above, but also close to a hundred other entrants and an amateur bracket for those who fail to make it out of pools, Smash@Tier3 Vol. 6 is guaranteed to be an incredible tournament for everyone involved. Who will win it? The competition is going to be fierce, but here are the favorites for top 8:

HYDRA | Leo (:4metaknight:) is the overall favorite. Best known in the U.S. for his victories over Mr. R and Vinnie, Leo is a terrifyingly skilled fourteen-year old prodigy largely responsible for Meta Knight's climb up the tier list.

Regi (:4gaw:) is traveling from Guadalajara, over six hours away, to challenge Mexico City's best. His Mr. Game and Watch earned him 13th place at EVO 2015. But can it earn him first here?

Serge (:4pikachu:/:4lucario:/:4cloud:) is Leo's cousin, who is known to play a whole cavalcade of characters, most notably Pikachu, Lucario and Cloud. Remarkably, over the past week alone he's defeated Hyuga (the 9th place at Genesis Hyuga. Yeah. That one.) three separate times in tournament.

SF | Javi (:4sheik:/:4ness:), the younger brother and team-mate of Serge, continues the bloodline of top Mexican players. He has also defeated Hyuga recently, as well as his own brother. (Note: This is not the same player as the top melee player also named Javi).

SF | Richi (:4lucario:) was once upon a time Mexico's best Brawl player. He recently returned to the scene to play Smash 4. Will his experience outclass the innovation of the new generation?

SF | BryanZ (:4sheik:) is the younger brother of Hyuga and another very young smasher, only fifteen years old. He is known for his proficiency with most of the top-tier characters and for beating Vinnie in a (friendly) Sheik ditto.

HY | D~Pollo (:4bowser:) is no chicken. His unconventionally aggressive Bowser has taken sets from Javi, Richi and BryanZ.

HY | Chaparrito (:4sheik:) is a newcomer to the Mexico City scene who in only six short months has climbed his way to the top. It can't be too long before he pulls a devastating upset.

SF | Salva (:rosalina:/:4zss:) has also defeated Hyuga in the past and is ready to defeat even more top players.

With a scene this exciting, be sure to tune in to their stream tomorrow. Need more information? Be sure to check out their Smashboards Event Page.

Last but not least, special thanks to Edder Ramirez for help with this article! Ready to watch some phenomenal smash from the Mexican scene? Let the world know in the comments!
Schedule
14:00 (GMT-6) Doubles
15:30 (GMT-6) Singles Pools
18:00 (GMT-6) Top 32​

Comments

I'll be honest, I will be there and I have been in the past 2 versions, I've seen incredible players including Leo, Serge, Hyuga, etc. I'm glad to see this tournament is getting bigger, all the guys/players there are incredibly friendly and respectful, a great place to go :D

Top Bottom