• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event Preview: Celtic Throwdown

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
While Paragon has a lot of eyes on Smash in the USA it isn't the only big tournament happening this weekend. Yesterday we discussed H.E.A.T., a Middle Eastern Smash Major and today we're here to take a look at Celtic Throwdown! Taking place in Dublin, Ireland it is set to host a myriad of fighters and other games but the one that is sure to catch Smasher's interest in its Smash 4 event. Some serious talent in the Ireland Smash community as well as from around Europe including:

EOE, Mint, maXy, Skarfelt, Arikado

EOE and Mint are both known to be strong players in the UK. Mint has roots in Melee which have carried over well to Smash 4. Skarfelt is a strong player and does a lot of work promoting the Irish scene abroad. Arikado and maXy are both very active here on Smashboards in their respective character forums.

England: G~P, Bulby, JChild, Phoenix

G~P is know for being the owner of SmashUK and Bulby is a strong Smash player while also making 8-bit remixes on Youtube. JChild and Phoenix are lesser known but are strong tournament threats.

France: Nagalfar

While lesser known, Nagalfar plays a sick Bower Jr. and stands to be a serious threat in the tournament.

But don't just take our word for it on their skill, watch the Celtic Throwdown Smash 4 trailer and see some of these players in action!

Smash 4 pools will be streamed at 12:00-18:00 BST on Saturday and the Top 8 at 11:00-14:00 BST on Sunday. The stream will be provided by CelticThrowdown2 and MSCupcakes. So consider tuning in or firing up multitwitch to catch them all in action!

SmashCapps plans to keep an eye on the event this weekend and expects to see some excellent matches. To keep up with all things Smash be sure to follow him on Twitter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wish I could have got into the Irish Smash scene earlier so maybe I could work may way into Celtic Throwdown, but life had other plans unfortunately. Hopefully if there is another one next year, I will be ready to compete by then.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Does anyone know if there will be a Gaeilge stream? Like how there is Japanese streams for Apex and such?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Looks amazing! I'll try to catch it this weekend.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Can wait to watch it but good luck with the matches (when it happens)

Top Bottom