• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event mode Broken

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
In co-op I got up to event 8 and every time I start the event it says Failure before I can even do anything and sends me back to the event selection screen. Also, there aren't any events past event 20 for me in solo event mode.

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
Same here for me, though I have a different problem. Event mode just shows up as it used to in previous versions, and I don't see any of the new events. I'm using the current Netplay build.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Playing on a vWii, so it's different for the netplay build. I've cleared all the events and no more show up. It looks for you that you haven't even completed any, but Brawl events aren't compatible with PM due to new stages and changes to existing ones (like skyworld.)

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
Playing on a vWii, so it's different for the netplay build. I've cleared all the events and no more show up. It looks for you that you haven't even completed any, but Brawl events aren't compatible with PM due to new stages and changes to existing ones (like skyworld.)
Playing on Dolphin means I have no memory card, so even if I do the events, they aren't saved. You also have to fight the CPU unlocks (i.e. after 10 vs matches have to fight Ness, then Marth at x amount of matches, then Luigi at y, etc. etc.), but thankfully the codes make it so unlock them at the start to avoid the fights. In this situation I just don't have any events completed, but it should still have the new theme and events showing up at all, unless the builder distributed for netplay is borked, which is entirely possible. Also, certain events still 'play', but they load the new content instead and in some cases that can render certain events unfinishable. I suspect these are the events the PMDT replaced but there's little info out on the new ones so I can't confirm any of that.

tl;dr should still be working unless the official netplay builder is busted/wrong files are in the zip.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Playing on Dolphin means I have no memory card, so even if I do the events, they aren't saved. You also have to fight the CPU unlocks (i.e. after 10 vs matches have to fight Ness, then Marth at x amount of matches, then Luigi at y, etc. etc.), but thankfully the codes make it so unlock them at the start to avoid the fights. In this situation I just don't have any events completed, but it should still have the new theme and events showing up at all, unless the builder distributed for netplay is borked, which is entirely possible. Also, certain events still 'play', but they load the new content instead and in some cases that can render certain events unfinishable. I suspect these are the events the PMDT replaced but there's little info out on the new ones so I can't confirm any of that.

tl;dr should still be working unless the official netplay builder is busted/wrong files are in the zip.
Ah, so basically I have to unlock the characters to get more events even though they are by default put into the Project M but Brawl doesn't realize it. That makes sense. But still, Co-Op Event 8 is broke.

Last edited:

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
Ah, so basically I have to unlock the characters to get more events even though they are by default put into the Project M but Brawl doesn't realize it.
No, I was just trying to clarify my own situation, since I'm on an emulator and I'm guessing you're on console. Project M should have all the characters already unlocked. In order to unlock more of the Event Modes, you have to beat a certain amount, the same way you'd unlock new events in Melee. Real quickly, does your Event Mode page look like the screenshot I posted, or is it in the new Project M purple theme? If it's like my screenshot, then I'd try redownloading and reformatting your SD card and trying once more. If it is the new PM theme, then I'm at a loss.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
No, I was just trying to clarify my own situation, since I'm on an emulator and I'm guessing you're on console. Project M should have all the characters already unlocked. In order to unlock more of the Event Modes, you have to beat a certain amount, the same way you'd unlock new events in Melee. Real quickly, does your Event Mode page look like the screenshot I posted, or is it in the new Project M purple theme? If it's like my screenshot, then I'd try redownloading and reformatting your SD card and trying once more. If it is the new PM theme, then I'm at a loss.
They have the purple background. Also, you just clarified my situation. When you don't have anyone unlocked in Brawl and switch over to Project M it still thinks you don't have any characters. You have to unlock them even though they are all available at the character select menu of Project M. While this could confuse some people, I don't think it needs to be patched.
Singleplayer events
    Events #1-10 - The first ten events will be unlocked for you, so you won't have to do any tasks.

Events #11-20 - These events will be unlocked once you win at least seven events.

Events #21-28 - These events will be unlocked after you win 18 events and unlock the following characters: Captain Falcon, Lucario, Luigi, Marth, R.O.B., and Ness.

Events #29-40 - Unlock all 35 characters and win 20 events.

Event #41 - Win at all 40 events.
Again, co-op events are broke.

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
pretty sure the netplay build is made for netplay, and the other features are not guaranteed to work.
Yeah, I'd like to have some kind of thread where we can compile the things that don't work in 3.5 netplay, like All Star and certain missions of SSE. But I think you're right, so I guess that more or less solves my problem. Shame, I was looking forward to the events, too.

Top Bottom