• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESL Smash For Wii U Play Begins Today!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

The first edition of Smash for Wii U in ESL Play begins today! Some of the best players across Europe are logging online to compete in the first community cup that pulled in two-hundred thirty-six entrants. They are competing today to qualify for a final Wii U Cup set to take place on August 22nd with many grand prizes available including:

1st Place
  • 50€ voucher for the Nintendo eShop
  • Can choose one of the following games: Yoshi’s Woolly World or Splatoon or Super Mario Maker (only after the official launch day)
2nd Place
  • 25€ voucher for the Nintendo eShop
  • Can choose one of the following games: Yoshi’s Woolly World or Splatoon or Super Mario Maker (only after the official launch day)
3rd Place
  • 15€ voucher for the Nintendo eShop
The brackets are available here for those interested. If any European Smashers still want in on the action there is still a shot! The second bracket bracket used to qualify for the final cup takes place on August 16th with signups still available! Get all of the information on that here. Hopefully the competition will be fierce with the top 8 who qualify having a great time competing for glory and prizes.

SmashCapps finds it amazing how much competition for Smash takes place online and how many entrants signed up for the first part of this event. To keep up with him and his writing follow him on Twitter.

Kotastic

Smash Ace
NNID
Kotastic
3DS FC
3368-4107-1072
If only Melee had this sort of luxury ;_;

But nice for Smash 4 nonetheless!

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
Glad to see Smash getting some recognition from a large e-sports organization, even if this is just an online tourney!

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Nice show up for a Online smash fest, good luck European smashers, keep the smash community growing worldwide

M4rkus

Smash Rookie
I joined the tournament! I learned so much and it was very fun! This is great for the Smash community!

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
And then randomly DKWill does amazing lmao

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill This isn't meant at all as a critique or anything, it's jut something I've always been curious about. Is there a particular reason why the writers on Smashboards talk in third person at the end of their articles? Is it some kind of special procedure?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill This isn't meant at all as a critique or anything, it's jut something I've always been curious about. Is there a particular reason why the writers on Smashboards talk in third person at the end of their articles? Is it some kind of special procedure?
Yep! We basically do it because or writing guidelines say to. The rest of the article is written without the use of the words I or You whenever possible as well.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I was going to make a comment regarding Melee Elitists possibly coming in to complain that its SSB4 and not Melee, but the first post already proved my point.

If only Melee had this sort of luxury ;_;

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
@ Ixbran Ixbran I don't believe that to have been the intention of that post. It appears to be more of wanting more out of Melee as opposed to a belief that Melee is the more deserving or superior title.

Konneh

Smash Cadet
"Some of the best players across Europe are logging online to compete in the first community cup that pulled in two-hundred thirty-six entrants."

lol'd at DKWill entering the tournament and apparently johning about lag on stream

Smasher89

Smash Lord
"Some of the best players across Europe are logging online to compete in the first community cup that pulled in two-hundred thirty-six entrants."

lol'd at DKWill entering the tournament and apparently johning about lag on stream
Considering his placement, expect more when the prices are the Palversions of the games, not sure why americans is even allowed in the european event, but it makes tougher competition i guess which is needed since theres so few tournaments (from what ive seen) atm in europe.

Top Bottom