• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slippy Toad for Smash DLC: (Star Fox Zero Hype and Slippy's Getting A Bigger Role!)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Slippy may have "less than stellar battle skills" according to his Brawl Trophy, but I don't think that applies to weapon usage, which Slippy excells at. It applies to direct combat, which Fox and Falco are good at.

Yeah I believe his Brawl trophy description wouldn't apply to his weapon usage either. If you've built a weapon, or anything for that matter, you have knowledge on how it functions. So it would make sense for him to excell in weapon usage.

Plus, he's a little genius. I'm so proud of him.:awesome:

I translated the artist's description using google translate. Just simple copy paste, it looks bad but you get an idea...

"Slippery that I made years ago about. I was allowed to use because there was a wonderful material! Rendering from design to raise, as the number of days of work a month. Posing and rendering settings are required beyond groping study. I changed the route to high poly I hurriedly made their initially low-spec. Na I wanted to design more high poly to shine ... as it is because there was no room to re-design! I have to be a terrible lot of wrinkles in the arm ... and see where you want to fix and see again after one year."

:phone:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

nessokman

Smash Lord
Slippy would suck.
he is the worst character in starfox!He is only good for sheild analyzing, and that doesn't help much.

he is actually useful because when you save him (in assault) you get rings and bombs.

i can heat the taunts now-
"Help me!"
"get this guy off me"
"Aaaaaahhhhhh"

D

Deleted member

At least he's good for something. Krystal is completely worthless. :troll:
And also, he kicks major tail in Assault's multiplayer mode. Arguably the best character there that's not Wolf.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Slippy would suck.
he is the worst character in starfox!He is only good for sheild analyzing, and that doesn't help much.

he is actually useful because when you save him (in assault) you get rings and bombs.

i can heat the taunts now-
"Help me!"
"get this guy off me"
"Aaaaaahhhhhh"
I glad you changed your mind.:troll:

And those would be some pretty good taunts.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
****mongrillzzzzz!!!!

I COMPLETELY FORGOT!! ABOUT THIS??

Cider you are my hero for making this thread... especially with... this level of quality T^T

Oh and just to give you an idea on the downB sideB thing, i would make it that slippy's downB would send down a supply case in front of him (like in 64) and then you can break it open. And inside would be a random weapon,

Hand grenade
Homing launcher
Etc
and maybe even a smart bomb?

And any of those weapons would work like a "super scope" in that you (or anyone) can pick them up, and A would trigger it.

And if you did that then slippy would have room for a new sideB, i was thinking something like this

BULL FROG

slippy charges at you (with decreased gravity) with slow speed but high horizontal knockback

My reasons would be that all space animals so far have sideB's that "move themselves" and CAN be used as a recovery.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
****mongrillzzzzz!!!!

I COMPLETELY FORGOT!! ABOUT THIS??

Cider you are my hero for making this thread... especially with... this level of quality T^T

Oh and just to give you an idea on the downB sideB thing, i would make it that slippy's downB would send down a supply case in front of him (like in 64) and then you can break it open. And inside would be a random weapon,

Hand grenade
Homing launcher
Etc
and maybe even a smart bomb?

And any of those weapons would work like a "super scope" in that you (or anyone) can pick them up, and A would trigger it.

And if you did that then slippy would have room for a new sideB, i was thinking something like this

BULL FROG

slippy charges at you (with decreased gravity) with slow speed but high horizontal knockback

My reasons would be that all space animals so far have sideB's that "move themselves" and CAN be used as a recovery.

Thanks, and your welcome!

I've updated the OP, going into more detail with some of his specials, changing some things, and I added and gave credit to your Bull Frog special and Supplies Case idea. I had a similar idea to your Slippy's Supplies special but wasn't sure if I should go through with it so I did something like PKMN Trainer and switch weapons instead of PKMN. Your idea sounds more fair and it can be used against you during a match. You're also on the support list. ;)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
This is some pretty convincing work the artist did. Bravo artist.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I know. The pics should be showing now, if not then there's splat's link. I wish the artist made more Star Fox character models.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*drools at the images*

Screw the haters, Krystal, and her legion of furry fanboys. All aboard the cute and geeky Slippy bandwagon. No one's going to touch this froggy now.

Note: I used the term froggy regardless of him being a toad since Pigma called him that in a form of an insult/nickname. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh my god! Slippy is a toad!?
Sorry Slippy, but I want Politoed in smash more if a toad has to get in! :D
Since it is a video game, there is bound to be a few animal biological errors. I mean his skin does look too smooth to be a toad's since they are suppose to have dry, rough, and bumpy skin like in real life. On the Star Fox SNES Boxart, he at least looks biologically accurate at least. XD

D

Deleted member

Those images are sex.

And I thought I'd never see the day that I'd say that about something in regards to Slippy of all people.

I especially love the S on his hat; it's a nice touch.
Also love the fact he holds the Reflector in front of him (perhaps using it as a battering weapon while using it as a reflecting weapon as well like how Falco kicks it?). It seems he took Snake's advice on using tools outside intended purpose for added versatility to heart.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Well, I guess we know what the "S" on his hat stands for. Wear it proud.:awesome:

I wonder if Snake's codec taunt for Slippy would be a continuation from their conversation in brawl?

D

Deleted member

BTW, can someone translate the move names from the first image in the link splat posted?

The long name for the Final Smash makes me think it's not a Landmaster.

splat

Smash Lord
I don't speak Japanese at all, but going back and forth between Google translate, Wikipedia, that image and Smash Dojo, here's what I managed to translate:

Standard: Blaster (using the exact same characters as Fox' standard)
Side: I did not manage to get an exact translation out of ホーミングランチヤー, but the ホーミング translated to 'homing', ランチヤー was translated to 'ranchiya'. Taking some artistic liberty in the sound of the second part, I'd say this move is called Homing Launcher.
Up: Once again, this word is supposed to split in two: ブースター and ジヤンプ, translating to 'booster' and 'jumping', respectively. Jumping Booster, I guess?
Down: Reflector (as with the standard using the same characters as Fox's)

Final Smash: I did not manage to translate it, but the first part came back as 'fuotsukusu'. I have no idea what it means. The part between the tildes seems like a description of the move to me - there's characters in there that are not part of the phonetic alphabet, I reckon they're words opposed to part of the phonetic alphabet.

D

Deleted member

Huh.
I'm willing to bet that the Side Special and Up Special refer to these, respectively:
http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Homing_Launcher
http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Booster_Pack

The Reflector, we see him holding in front of him like Lucas does with PSI Magnet in one image, and his Blaster, I'm going to guess it refers to how it works in Assault, where it's chargable and not as quick firing as Fox or Falco.

Thanks for the translates, splat. Hope we can figure out the Final Smash from here.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Thanks for the translate splat.

A chargeable blaster sounds interesting, since the other space animals' blasters don't do this. I think I like his idea of Slippy's reflector move holding it out like a PSI Magnet, though I don't think every star fox character needs a reflector (one of the reasons I've picked the Barrier Sphere). Now just to figure out what he decided for a final smash.

I'm gonna come up with two, one for the Blue Marine and the Demon Launcher. Just to have it in the OP.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Surely holding the reflector out in front of him is worse competitively?
Maybe if he holds it out in front, but you can spin him to the other side?

splat

Smash Lord
Surely holding the reflector out in front of him is worse competitively?
Maybe if he holds it out in front, but you can spin him to the other side?
I think it has it's pros and cons.
On one side it means you can hit him from the back.
On the other side it may be stronger offensive, as the hitbox would be further away from his body, making it easier to hit people with it.

Spinning him to the other side holding it just seems forced.

To be honest, I think the entire moveset that came along with the image is quite uninspired. It'd fit in with the rest of the Star Fox cast, but I wouldn't like a fourth character with a moveset that is so similar to the ones we have already.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, Fox having a homing launcher? Falco having a different final smash?
This is more unique than Krystal and her staff, the problem with Slippy though, is that he is from Star Fox, and generally how they play is uninspired. Can I just add though, for the final smash, you know how Sakurai punned Peach's name and dropped a load of Peaches. What if for Slippy's, the creator of the barrel roll, a load of barrels fall from the sky, and one in every three barrel's explode? That would be awesome.

splat

Smash Lord
The moveset makes use of at least two specials we've seen in two or three (depending if you count Wolf, too) other characters as well. I call that similar, yes.
And with the Booster Pack sounding just like a simple third jump alike the other Star Fox characters, that's three specials shared across the cast. Having a different side special and final smash does not mean that the movesets are super special.

This particular moveset is in no way more unique than a staff (and thus magic) wielding character. That's a shame, because Slippy has more moveset potential than what is displayed on the image.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well the reflector and blaster are basically two moves every star fox character has to have. Star fox series and smash (except Andross obviously). It would be silly to replace those two moves. If Krystal not having these moves is one of her points for getting into smash, then her supporters should just give up now...

D

Deleted member

@Splat: Actually do research before saying things like that, as the Booster Pack is not like Fire Fox/Bird/Wolf.

It'd be more comparable to R.O.B.'s Up Special.

And don't use the staff as a method of being "unique". I have proven time and time again that even WITH the staff, Krystal could end up being similar.

splat

Smash Lord
@Splat: Actually do research before saying things like that, as the Booster Pack is not like Fire Fox/Bird/Wolf.

It'd be more comparable to R.O.B.'s Up Special.

And don't use the staff as a method of being "unique". I have proven time and time again that even WITH the staff, Krystal could end up being similar.
Yes, let's assume I didn't do any research. Let's also assume I don't have the game in my possession. Let's assume I've never played the game. Let's.

I'm quite aware that it works much like ROB's up special in the game and I would hope that it would get translated as such if we'd ever see the Booster Pack in Smash. However, I see Sakurai changing it into the same style up special as the other space animals have.

Wielding a staff automatically changes the entire way you fight. I can only imagine fighting like one of those typical monks, combined with a bit of magic. Of course, she could end up being similar. Everyone could end up similar with a little imagination. Heck, for all we know Sakurai sees her as a clone of Zelda.

D

Deleted member

Lol "wielding a staff automatically changes the entire way you fight".

Since it's not like she can pull off similar moves to Fox/Falco using said staff. No, clearly not the case. :rolleyes:

And even her Specials, as I've pointed out constantly, can literally be copied from Fox/Falco/Wolf as well.

B: Firebolt. Like how Fox/Falco/Wolf shoot their Blasters, Krystal fires a firebolt from the staff. Just because it doesn't involve a gun doesn't mean it isn't in the same vein.
Side B: Ice Dash (probably dubbed something like "Krystal Shine" or something). Dashes forward like the Fox Illusion/Falco Phantasm, but freezes people as she passes through them as though intangible.
Up B: Rocket Boost. Krystal flings herself in any pressed direction (Like Fire Fox/Bird/Wolf Shoot but staff-first.
Down B: Barrier. Creates a reflective Barrier around herself using the power of the staff.

3 of those moves are taken directly from Adventures with one based off another power the staff has.

splat

Smash Lord
Lol "wielding a staff automatically changes the entire way you fight".

Since it's not like she can pull off similar moves to Fox/Falco using said staff. No, clearly not the case. :rolleyes:.
I like to see you attempt this style of fighting without a staff. That's what I was going at, because as I said, with some willpower every character could be made into a clone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkFdfi5O7v8

D

Deleted member

You've completely missed what I was saying.

I was saying that having a staff doesn't automatically mean you will fight differently. It was nothing to do with pulling off moves that only a staff can do while not using one but rather being able to pull off similar attacks to those that don't require a staff while using one.
For example; Fox has that multi-kick attack. Instead of kicking, Krystal could just jab with the staff.
Falco instead spins and whacks people with his wings. Krystal could just spin and whack people with the staff.
Wolf takes 3 steps and slashes 3 times. Krystal could just take three steps and smack with the staff three times in the same vein.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Let's just say that Krystal sucks and everyone has a staff fetish and move on.

Seriously, this is the Slippy Toad thread not the Krystal thread.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"Fox, get this guy off me!" That totally need to be incorporated as a special taunt for him. :awesome:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm gonna try and make a color palette off of the OP pic. I most likely won't have time, so if anyone else wants to a color palette are more than welcome.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread was in great need for a revive.

A perfect excuse would be a support sig. :bee:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
If Slippy uses any of the tech that Fox and Falco use, his should outperform their's, because he did design them after all, and he should know how to maximize its usage and keep the best gadgets for himself.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Slippy should (or rather must) have animations that make him look somewhat goofy/clumsy. That's a part of his charm and partially why I support him.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I agree with the two gentlemen above my post. And I'd like to put that Slippy support sig you've made in my sig if you don't mind.:)

Top Bottom