• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux For SSB4 DLC! Discussion moved to social group.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pterodactyl scream

I missed the vote.

Of course, that's what happens when you're no longer active in the Smash community I guess.

EDIT: Also would it really be that bad if Sylux was a clone of Samus? It takes a huge amount of time to make a completely original character (and balance them!) so right now I'd take three Luigified clones over one completely new character.
My personal wish is that Sylux be a unique character that showcases everything about Metroid's firepower. Being a clone, unlike Lucina and Dark Pit, wouldn't do justice to Sylux and it's capabilities as a new fighter.
Maybe if it were semi cloned in the vein of :4feroy:, and had Charge Shot at least replaced with the Shock Coil and a different alt mode, then I could see it being a clone.

Then again, half of the DLC are clones, so I could see this happening.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Though you have to admit, being a semi-clone of Samus isn't that far out there for Sylux.

I'd honestly prefer it to "borrowing" weapons from the other hunters for the sake of being different.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If it's only option to be in the game is becoming a Samus clone, then in that case, I'd be all for it.

Just replacing the aforementioned traits, of course.

D

Deleted member

He doesn't have to be a full clone though, which is what I'm trying to say.

There's always the Wolf route.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Pterodactyl scream
I think this is the scream you're looking for.

lol I couldn't help myself.
--
Anyways, I can't believe I missed the vote, too. I actually wasn't aware of that, or else I would have cast one in.

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Saw that already.

I know the intention is to convey that it disapproves of the game, but I see it as someone embracing the idea of Sylux's possible appearance in Federation Force.

Which would make perfect sense.
Yeah, it's definitely a joke. Even Kritken (the creator of that animation) did say that he thinks the game has potential, so he doesn't hate it. Just Sylux does because it's the Federation. lol

Speaking of Kritken, he's quite the artist! Not only does he make pictures and animations of Metroid and other things, but he also makes sculptures, like so:

This is one of his earliest creations I believe.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah, it's definitely a joke. Even Kritken (the creator of that animation) did say that he thinks the game has potential, so he doesn't hate it. Just Sylux does because it's the Federation. lol

Speaking of Kritken, he's quite the artist! Not only does he make pictures and animations of Metroid and other things, but he also makes sculptures, like so:

This is one of his earliest creations I believe.
Well hey, with most of the internet hating Federation Force, it becomes hard to tell who's on what side sometimes.

And damn, I saw that sculpture long ago, didn't think that this and the video were from the same guy.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Well hey, with most of the internet hating Federation Force, it becomes hard to tell who's on what side sometimes.

And damn, I saw that sculpture long ago, didn't think that this and the video were from the same guy.
Oh, I agree. I was confused on his viewpoint until he clarified it for me.

And yeah, he's made other sculptures (all of the Hunters from the DS game in fact!), and does some pretty awesome drawings, too.

----

... Have I mentioned how much I REALLY want Sylux in this game? I know I've said it before, but, I just feel like Metroid is constantly being thrown on the back burner. So frustrating for me, and I know others as well. *sigh*

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Oh, I agree. I was confused on his viewpoint until he clarified it for me.

And yeah, he's made other sculptures (all of the Hunters from the DS game in fact!), and does some pretty awesome drawings, too.

----

... Have I mentioned how much I REALLY want Sylux in this game? I know I've said it before, but, I just feel like Metroid is constantly being thrown on the back burner. So frustrating for me, and I know others as well. *sigh*
Yeah like anyone (including me) that wanted Ridley...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I know.

In all likelihood, Metroid will get the shaft for character DLC, but I do think that the Fed. Force GF Marines would be perfect Mii Gunner costumes provided we get more.

Might take a miracle for Sylux, but we shouldn't lose hope regardless until it's really over. I've been running around For Glory with a "SYLUX4DLC" tag just to spread the word.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Dabbling in Photoshop for a while I decided to make this:

sylux roster.png

Took some effort to give it that air of legitimacy despite being a fake. I think it turned out nice, all things considered.

Darn it, me too!

EDIT: Just found this cool Brawl hack featuring Sylux:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203635

Apparently there's a video of this in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn1gS85HrxY

Just looks... odd for Sylux to be fighting a small Ridley.
Yeah, I know of that hack. Replaced a skin in PM to use it.

May 31st? That video is outdated as hell considering that BaganSmashBros' Ridley mod exists for PM. Unless that was recorded in Brawl.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I actually never listened to this when it was posted since I was on mobile at the moment.

It's got quite a "calm" air for a victory theme, when most are vibrant and energetic. I mentioned this being in Page 2 of this thread:

https://tcrf.net/images/3/3e/MPH-SEQ_INTRO_SYLUX.ogg

A snippet from Sylux's theme, meant as an intro. All of the Hunters had these, but they were cut. If this were cut in length slightly more, it'd be a picture perfect victory theme. Franchises haven't shied away from multiple victory themes either, look at Mario and Kirby.

Then again, both are suitable.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I made a newcomer card like those that the Smash Bros. Facebook page would post.

Wasn't sure what to put as the Final Smash, so as a placeholder I settled for the Omega Cannon as Hunters' trademark superweapon.

So much yes. Freacking awesome work man, show this to Sakurai and he'll flip the hell out.

Put my name down there to support him.
Welcome aboard.

Let's hope Sakurai sees potential in Sylux. I once tweeted a splash card in Japanese to him. Granted, there was never anything after that, so who knows.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Feel free to add me to the supporter list mate! Sylux holds a LOT of history with me. In fact, it's the reason why my Gamertag is Cyberking (I was around 12 at the time and though it looked Cybernetic, so the name stuck [I use The One Who Wrote This as my online website tag for various reasons though]).

With Ridley being delegated as a boss and Mother Brain, a Metroid, and Dark Samus as Assist Trophies, the next viable inclusion in Smash Bros for the Metroid series is Sylux IMHO (as Kraid and Phantoon are REALLY too big). It appeared in the secret ending of Prime 3 and was fully playable in Hunters, making it one of the few (if only IIRC) hunters to appear in 2 or more games (barring Samus, of course). So, it's obviously pretty important overall (only a few Metroid characters appear in more than 1 title).

As for the weapons, I agree with the OP. It has access to the 6 Affinity Weapons (7 if you include the Omega Cannon) in Multiplayer mode, but it specializes in the Shock Coil. It also has the Lock Jaw, which can make tripwire-like bombs that can deal continuous damage if you keep on laying them as one is pulled in (I remember being able to have bombs continuously enter the opponent as long as I laid a new bomb before the "wire" broke). IIRC, encircling an opponent with the bombs dealt 180 damage, which was near death when at full health.

Overall, I can see Sylux being a fighter that focuses on tether traps and electric wire attacks (the Shock Coil) with support from the Affinity Weapons. I wonder how Sylux can recover though. Might have to use one of its weapons in a unique way.

If it's alright, may I think of a moveset for Sylux as well? I'll post it on here once I figure it out.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Feel free to add me to the supporter list mate! Sylux holds a LOT of history with me. In fact, it's the reason why my Gamertag is Cyberking (I was around 12 at the time and though it looked Cybernetic, so the name stuck [I use The One Who Wrote This as my online website tag for various reasons though]).

With Ridley being delegated as a boss and Mother Brain, a Metroid, and Dark Samus as Assist Trophies, the next viable inclusion in Smash Bros for the Metroid series is Sylux IMHO (as Kraid and Phantoon are REALLY too big). It appeared in the secret ending of Prime 3 and was fully playable in Hunters, making it one of the few (if only IIRC) hunters to appear in 2 or more games (barring Samus, of course). So, it's obviously pretty important overall (only a few Metroid characters appear in more than 1 title).

As for the weapons, I agree with the OP. It has access to the 6 Affinity Weapons (7 if you include the Omega Cannon) in Multiplayer mode, but it specializes in the Shock Coil. It also has the Lock Jaw, which can make tripwire-like bombs that can deal continuous damage if you keep on laying them as one is pulled in (I remember being able to have bombs continuously enter the opponent as long as I laid a new bomb before the "wire" broke). IIRC, encircling an opponent with the bombs dealt 180 damage, which was near death when at full health.

Overall, I can see Sylux being a fighter that focuses on tether traps and electric wire attacks (the Shock Coil) with support from the Affinity Weapons. I wonder how Sylux can recover though. Might have to use one of its weapons in a unique way.

If it's alright, may I think of a moveset for Sylux as well? I'll post it on here once I figure it out.
Yup, Sylux is the only other explicit bounty hunter to appear in more than one Metroid game as per the confirmation. The trio from Corruption is dead and who knows what will be made of the other Hunters, though there is that first interview in the OP where it was stated that they want to expand on them.

At maximum health one barely escapes the OHKO from a full Lockjaw tripwire. Any less and you're dead.

And I was recently thinking of that recovery method you mentioned. In my moveset, I listed a recovery with the Battlehammer akin to Mii Gunner, but then I recently thought that Sylux can actually get some sick air momentum in Hunters through fast Lockjaw bomb exploding. In low gravity areas, this allows it to fly, and in regular gravity zones it can get Sylux across gaps much easier. So my idea was, why not take advantage of that trick and make Sylux's vertical recovery move a triple explosion from those same bombs? It'd be quite unique compared to the Screw Attack, anyway. The part about tether traps and electricity is precisely why I referenced Colonel Radec from PSASBR, as he has a similar playstyle with loads of weapons that I envision working perfectly on Sylux, down to the sniper rifle, electricity weapons and traps(albeit differently executed).

By all means conjure up a moveset. We welcome every idea.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Yup, Sylux is the only other explicit bounty hunter to appear in more than one Metroid game as per the confirmation. The trio from Corruption is dead and who knows what will be made of the other Hunters, though there is that first interview in the OP where it was stated that they want to expand on them.

At maximum health one barely escapes the OHKO from a full Lockjaw tripwire. Any less and you're dead.

And I was recently thinking of that recovery method you mentioned. In my moveset, I listed a recovery with the Battlehammer akin to Mii Gunner, but then I recently thought that Sylux can actually get some sick air momentum in Hunters through fast Lockjaw bomb exploding. In low gravity areas, this allows it to fly, and in regular gravity zones it can get Sylux across gaps much easier. So my idea was, why not take advantage of that trick and make Sylux's vertical recovery move a triple explosion from those same bombs? It'd be quite unique compared to the Screw Attack, anyway. The part about tether traps and electricity is precisely why I referenced Colonel Radec from PSASBR, as he has a similar playstyle with loads of weapons that I envision working perfectly on Sylux, down to the sniper rifle, electricity weapons and traps(albeit differently executed).

By all means conjure up a moveset. We welcome every idea.
I wonder if MP4 (or whatever they decide to call it) will have the hunters appear as playable characters (either just multiplayer or maybe even some single player modes). They were fun in Hunters.

Ah, thought that was the case. Glad to hear that I wasn't wrong.

The triple bomb blast works as a possible recovery. I was thinking of having Sylux's intro from Metroid Prime Hunters as its up special, but then I was thinking about how the DAIR would work. Could work like a Flame Choke. So, the triple blast would work well as its recovery. Sylux could time them to get 3 mini jumps (similar to Sonic's Double Spring Custom), with the 3rd one blasting Sylux a bit higher but putting it in free fall. That would make its horizontal recovery great but its vertical recovery lackluster, which could be a weakness that Sylux would have.

I imagine Sylux also using its Shock Coil as a close range taser for some reason. Maybe during grabs? I'll specify it once I create my version of Sylux's moveset.

Somewhat on topic, but during that recent interview, I remember there being male pronouns being used for Sylux. Would that make Sylux a dude or was it some kind of way to conceal its true gender like in the USA instruction booklet (if Sylux even has a gender)? As not much is known about this hunter, I would totally love it if Sylux was included in more games to flesh out its character.

Bet Sylux uses a lot of Bounty to wash its clothes.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wonder if MP4 (or whatever they decide to call it) will have the hunters appear as playable characters (either just multiplayer or maybe even some single player modes). They were fun in Hunters.

The triple bomb blast works as a possible recovery. I was thinking of having Sylux's intro from Metroid Prime Hunters as its up special, but then I was thinking about how the DAIR would work. Could work like a Flame Choke. So, the triple blast would work well as its recovery. Sylux could time them to get 3 mini jumps (similar to Sonic's Double Spring Custom), with the 3rd one blasting Sylux a bit higher but putting it in free fall. That would make its horizontal recovery great but its vertical recovery lackluster, which could be a weakness that Sylux would have.

I imagine Sylux also using its Shock Coil as a close range taser for some reason. Maybe during grabs? I'll specify it once I create my version of Sylux's moveset.

Somewhat on topic, but during that recent interview, I remember there being male pronouns being used for Sylux. Would that make Sylux a dude or was it some kind of way to conceal its true gender like in the USA instruction booklet (if Sylux even has a gender)? As not much is known about this hunter, I would totally love it if Sylux was included in more games to flesh out its character.

Bet Sylux uses a lot of Bounty to wash its clothes.
The console Prime games were single player with the exception of Echoes' multiplayer, so I kind of doubt it. It'd be nice, though.

Dair could probably work as a Hunters reference, but it'd be an unsafe move when in the air. Like most dairs it could have a spike sweetspot, bouncing from the opponent when airborne, and on grounded foes it could bury them, kind of like what the Pitfall item does or specific moves like WFT's jab combo.

This last part is a common thing to point out. When translating from Japanese to English, it's worth noting that gender pronouns are handled much differently in Japanese and usually translated to the most logical next response. So while it coming from Prime's director does make it likely that Sylux is male, I prefer to look at it as a gap in translation and continue to refer to Sylux as it for the time being.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
The console Prime games were single player with the exception of Echoes' multiplayer, so I kind of doubt it. It'd be nice, though.

Dair could probably work as a Hunters reference, but it'd be an unsafe move when in the air. Like most dairs it could have a spike sweetspot, bouncing from the opponent when airborne, and on grounded foes it could bury them, kind of like what the Pitfall item does or specific moves like WFT's jab combo.

This last part is a common thing to point out. When translating from Japanese to English, it's worth noting that gender pronouns are handled much differently in Japanese and usually translated to the most logical next response. So while it coming from Prime's director does make it likely that Sylux is male, I prefer to look at it as a gap in translation and continue to refer to Sylux as it for the time being.
It would be nice. Could be another selling point for people to get the game.

DAIR would be VERY unsafe for Sylux. However, instead of spiking them, I think the move would have Sylux "grab" the opponent and take them down (as Sylux is on top of them, standing on them as they fall). Think the ending part of Polimar's Level 3 Hyper Combo from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars or like the 2nd half of Goro's Leaping Stomp:

After they land on the ground, Sylux could initiate a tech chase that could lead into an easy kill. Basically combine Greninja's Down Air with Ganondorf's Flame Choke and then remove some of the end lag if the move hits (so it ain't as punishable as Dorf's). If it misses, use Greninja's DAIR for the results (high end lag if on ground, likely an SD if off stage). That way, it's a high risk, VERY high reward move. Would deal 3.5% when the two touch, then 9.5% during the land.

And yeah, could be a translation thing. I will try to refer to Sylux as "it", but an occasional "him" might come out.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
DAIR would be VERY unsafe for Sylux. However, instead of spiking them, I think the move would have Sylux "grab" the opponent and take them down (as Sylux is on top of them, standing on them as they fall). Think the ending part of Polimar's Level 3 Hyper Combo from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars:

After they land on the ground, Sylux could initiate a tech chase that could lead into an easy kill. Basically combine Greninja's Down Air with Ganondorf's Flame Choke and then remove some of the end lag if the move hits (so it ain't as punishable as Dorf's). If it misses, use Greninja's DAIR for the results (high end lag if on ground, likely an SD if off stage). That way, it's a high risk, VERY high reward move. Would deal 3.5% when the two touch, then 9.5% during the land.
That's...honestly both interesting and bizarre. It'd effectively be a reverse Falcon Dive, going vertically downwards and not exploding, for instance. But as a command grab like Falcon Dive and Flame Choke, that's very good. Admittedly, I personally wouldn't want Sylux to have an easy dual suicide option like Bowser and Ganon, but I won't deny that it fits, though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

As per request.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Mind if I use this for a compilation?
I have a Samus picture in "Samus" thread too if you'd like to use it. Just let me know if you're interested and I can link it to you for convenience. I would just like to contribute if you wouldn't mind. :)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have a Samus picture in "Samus" thread too if you'd like to use it. Just let me know if you're interested and I can link it to you for convenience. I would just like to contribute if you wouldn't mind. :)
Do et.

Illusion.

Master of Stealth
NNID
Illusion97
3DS FC
1822-0471-8951
Switch FC
SW-5043-8035-6923
I'm definitely a supporter. Sylux was my favorite out of all the hunters in Hunters.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Looking around on Tumblr has led me to discover a few things.

First of all, a moveset by SSB4Dojo. It includes an overheat mechanic. Putting it here and in the OP.

source

Sylux

(Entrance): divebombs on stage like its intro from Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Ground Attacks

(Neutral) attack: Horizontally swipes from left to right with arm cannon, does left jab, jabs with cannon to hold it in place and fires a concentrated stream of its affinity weapon, the shock coil, to drain 5% health from foes to replenish its own. Sylux finishes by firing a more powerful blast.

*Those hit by the shock coil will become immobile and drained of their health to replenish Sylux. Any others within range will be connected by the current, resulting in them being drained and immobile as well, until blasted away.

(U-tilt): does circular uppercut with arm cannon.

(F-tilt): knees its foes with left leg then fully extends leg to do a side kick.

(D-tilt): does a reverse hook kick with left leg.

(U-smash): aims upward diagonally while kneeling on one knee and fires a thick stream of the shock coil which holds opponents in place then explodes, knocking foes in all directions.

*The head of the blast is a thick rounded spark, giving Sylux a better chance of hitting its foes. When fully charged, Sylux fires a longer and greater ranged blast, which drains more health. Just as the jab, those in range will be connected and drained as well until knocked away by explosion of the spark.

(D-smash): turns to alternate form, the lockjaw, and charges an electric spherical bomb that detonates within a short range (3 bombs are deployed when fully charged).

*When 3 bombs are formed, they form a triangle. Which is called the tri-bomb. The bombs are connected by electrical currents.

(F-smash): holds cannon to lower left while charging shock coil, then slashes forward diagonally while emitting a streak of electricity, after slashing, Sylux takes one step forward and rams opponent with shoulder blade.

*Despite the shock coil being used, this doesn’t drain any health for Sylux. It only stuns the enemy.

(Dash): uses shoulder blade to ram opponent and lift up (this hits 2xs, with the 1st hit ramming and 2nd hit is from the shoulder blade being lifted).

(Grab): uses left hand to grab opponent.

(Grab; pummel): gut punches with arm cannon.

(F-throw): rams with shoulder blade after shoving them back.

(U-throw): forces arm cannon to stomach to lift up the enemy then uses the shock coil to drain 5% health, then fires a powerful blast to send enemy skyward.

(B-throw): lifts foe behind then lands a punch to the face with its cannon.

(D-throw): forces cannon to the stomach and uses the shock coil to drain 5% health which brings the foe to their knees then lands a hard stomp.

(1st Ledge recover): does backfist with left hand (below 100%).

(2nd Ledge recover): climbs up and shoulder bashes opponent with shoulder blade (above 100%).

(1st Floor attack): kicks to the front and elbow thrusts to the back (face up).

(2nd Floor attack): does a backfist with cannon to the front and kicks to the back (face down).

Aerial Attacks

(N-air): rapidly turns to lockjaw form and surrounds itself by forming electric wires in the shape of a triangle (Sylux only uses electricity to surround itself with no bombs).

*This is synonymous to the tri-bomb but has no bombs, only electricity that shocks opponents and slows the decent of Sylux.

(F-air): kicks upward then lands an ax kick with left leg (the 1st kick makes it difficult to escape from the upcoming 2nd hit due to its quick execution).

*The 2nd hit sends opponents downward or upward.

(B-air): turns right while extending arm cannon to knock away anyone close by.

(U-air): slashes above in an arc with cannon.

(D-air): drill kicks with right leg then fully extends left leg to knock opponents away.

Special Attacks

(B-neutral) Shock coil: Fires stream of the shock coil to rapidly drain health of all who are nearby (Sylux remains in one spot as long as ‘b’ is held down. Its cannon can be aimed up or down. The weapon’s reach is as long as Samus’ grapple beam fully extended but can be blocked by items, walls, etc.).

*Although it does drain health rapidly giving Sylux quicker healing, it doesn’t stun anyone. The stream can be disconnected by interference with items or objects.

(B-side) Circuit blast: Sylux holds its cannon forward and fires a thin electric wire that once is latched on, gives the player the ability to drain health or sacrifice small amounts of its own by inputting its own health to further weaken the enemy (this move stuns opponents and can be charged to hold up to 3 circuit wires but, can’t be shot separately. All are shot simultaneously in 3 separate directions: straight, upward diagonal, downward diagonal. If aimed correctly, the Circuit blast could drain or overload 3 enemies at once).

*(Back-B) Energy drain: Can only be done when circuit wire has latched on to an opponent. This stuns the opponent and drains 10% health total. After draining 10%, a quick spark travels through the wire and combusts when reaching the captured foe to knock them away. (The more opponents caught, the more energy received).

*(Forward-B) Energy overload: Can only be done when the circuit wire has latched on to an opponent. While the opponent is stunned, Sylux inputs 5% percent of its own health to overload the opponent with 10% damage with each surge of energy. It does 30% damage total to the victim, while Sylux receives 15% damaged for its sacrifice. After damage is given to each according to their own, a quick spark travels through the wire and combusts. Knocking away Sylux and its enemy or enemies. (The spark that ends the move for both moves doesn’t cause damage nor can KO. Also, this move damages both Sylux and its foe(s) so the more enemies caught, the more health is inputted which drains Sylux more).

(B-up) Jet launch: Sylux faces the screen then gets a boost from its jet boots. Its shoulder blades damage all who come in contact. Those beneath Sylux when the move is executed will be meteor smashed or sent flying horizontally.

(B-down): Tripwire mine: Turns to lockjaw form and deploys 3 electric based bombs which will then form a triangle. The impact is almost as powerful as the motion-sensor bomb.

Final Smash

Delano 7: Sylux calls in its gunship, the Delano 7. Automatically, the ships turret begins to fire massive blasts all around the stage. The ship then leaves but returns and quickly flies across the stage once more, then carpet bombs the arena with rapid blasts from its turret for its conclusion.

Taunts

(taunt 1): raises left fist in air while making a metallic grunt sound.

(taunt 2): extends arm cannon to the front then creates a small sphere of electricity at the tip of its cannon.

(taunt 3): does the cutthroat gesture with thumb.

(Defeated pose): kneeling on right knee with left hand and arm cannon on the floor and head looking down in shame and defeat.

Victory Animations

(1st victory animation): does a horizontal slash then aims at the screen.

(2nd victory animation): spins around several times in lockjaw form, turns back to normal, then does the pose from its trophy from Brawl.

(3rd victory animation): fires twice in the air while letting out a metallic chuckle ad holds cannon in the air.

*Sylux utilizes its arm cannon for ranged combat and close combat, due to its blade like structure. With Sylux having the ability to drain health with several of its moves, there is limit to how much the shock coil is used. To prevent abuse of its weapon, the special attribute for Sylux would be based on a mechanism within its cannon that overheats. An icon shaped like Sylux’s cannon would be placed close to its image. It would be displayed vertically, with a green line in the middle. This icon is like a thermometer; when the shock coil is used too much a red line will begin to rise denoting it is overheating. All moves included with the shock coil deal less damage and don’t drain health.

Secondly, there was one(rather outdated) post by ChallengerApproaching that details possible Metroid newcomers barring Ridley and Dark Samus. No guesses as to who is number one.

http://challengerapproaching.tumblr.com/post/52236741690/thexroyalblog-6-the-really-really-long-one

So there is quite an audience for Sylux in places we haven't looked.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I was going to post this sooner, but given what happened this weekend, I felt it wasn't the right time.

This was made, of course, for humor. ;)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I was going to post this sooner, but given what happened this weekend, I felt it wasn't the right time.

This was made, of course, for humor. ;)

So that's what you meant by humorous.

I would love to believe Sylux has high chances, but compared to everyone else he is but an afterthought. :sadsheep:

Probably a lock for Metroid newcomers, though, it's competition is basically nil.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Slim chances or not, never give up until we explicitly see confirmation that Sylux isn't getting in as DLC. Same goes for Rundas, or any other potential Metroid rep we can think of. Keep voting and spreading the word, everyone! This is a one-of-a-kind chance. It never hurts to at least try. :)

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Hey, I just realized something. Does this page have a signature section for those who desire to add support via a signature? Was looking for a Sylux one to add to my sig.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hey, I just realized something. Does this page have a signature section for those who desire to add support via a signature? Was looking for a Sylux one to add to my sig.
I updated the OP with the two designated to this thread. They're at the bottom.

Can't believe I completely forgot that.

Top Bottom