• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

Denti

Smash Master
DFW TX IS GOING TO BE THE PLACE TO BE THIS UPCOMING WEEKEND! YOU'RE INVITED TOO...

REVOLUTION 3! THIS STARTS AT 7PM AND LASTS UNTIL LATE NIGHT FRIDAY JULY 1st IN FORT WORTH TEXAS! [held by Denti]
&
PHASE X-2 IS NOON SATURDAY JULY 2nd IN DALLAS TEXAS! This is a :metaknight: banned tournament [held by UtdZac]

Revolution 3 will have Brawl, Melee and Smash 64 tournaments!

Phase X-2 will have the MAD HYPED theme teams event!

Your plan is obviously simple! Come to Revolution 3 Friday night, house with us, then drive(or ride with a fort worth player) to Phase X-2 (a simple 35 min drive) AND CHILL WITH THE EPIC DFW SMASH SCENE!

YOU'RE COMING RIGHT?!?!?!?!
:);):cool:

[if you need help with rides, housing or whatever! Feel free to contact me and we'll work something out! My toll free number is 405-923-7133]

Hey guys, so I just recently moved to El Paso. I understand that there's a Brawl scene here and in Las Cruces, but how strong is it? Also is there a significant, or at least worth mentioning, Melee scene?

Jane

Smash Hero
hey guys, i'll be in town for the next 3-4 weeks. lets get down.

indigo, the brawl scene is small, but its there. also most of the ones that play brawl also enjoy playing melee if i recall correctly.

TengenToppaTetsuya

Smash Cadet
As jane said, the scene here is rather small but we play every week, recently though weve been on a Brawl break. Actually we had a melee tournament on sunday which had over 30 entrants! This might be the spark to reignite the flame for El Paso smash scene!!!

What are the usual venues for tourneys? Like, is there any one place, or are there multiple get-together areas?

TengenToppaTetsuya

Smash Cadet
The usual venues for our tourneys is someones house, and even then we dont really have true tournaments. My bro and I do have this idea for monthly tournaments, but thats still up in there air.
Also we usually gather up at my house to play

iAMDIDIERx

Smash Rookie
Hey there El Paso Smash Players, Im new to the SmashBoards as you can see with my 1 post count haha. But I am not new to the Fighting game Scene, Im here to tell you all, as well as ask for help. I am going to be through a tournament here in El Paso, late February or mid March. I cant disclose the venue just yet, I want it to be set in stone before I say anything. Its going to be multiple games so Im expecting a big turn out, and I think this a first for El Paso but I will be streaming Top 4 at least for every game (if time allows I will stream Top 8). The fees will be 5 dollars for each game you plan on entering, and 5 dollar venue fee. Pay out will be either 70/20/10 or a percentage schedule that will pay top 8 depending on the amount of entrants. There are many details still to come and I plan on being very active in the forums so we can make this a great event for the southwest. Here is where I need your help, I dont have the means for having all the set ups I need as of now I have 2 set ups to run smash and I might need more so if you guys are willing to help me out by providing a set if needed I would appreciate it. And I need to know what game you guys want to play, the majority is going to decided what game is going to be played whether its Brawl or Melee. If anyone knows how to set up a Poll on the forums let me know so I can make it more official and organized. Well guys thats it for now, so spread the word and get the hype going and follow me on twitter for more updates and news @iAMDIDIER

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
From what i know most of El Paso would prefer a brawl tournament (dont quote me on that)
but i will go if you decide on melee

iAMDIDIERx

Smash Rookie
Well from what I heard Melee has a better following right now, or at least I know more people that want to play Melee haha. Anyways if you can help with the word and see what people finally decide on but to be honest it is probably going to be Melee.

iAMDIDIERx

Smash Rookie
lol well i know about 4 melee players...
so ill let them know
Awesome man I appreciate it Im going to make a facebook page and I will post and send you the link once its done so that we can get all the players lined up and its easier to keep track of everything one instead of running around each forum haha

iAMDIDIERx

Smash Rookie
Yup, We will also be streaming a few couple casual tournaments if you will. Just to test out the stream and make sure its going good. thats going to be on justin.tv/iamdidierx this friday around 7 MT time so you guys can check that out.

TengenToppaTetsuya

Smash Cadet
Dont worry were still around, we just dont use Smashboards that much and we havent played in quite awhile so Im pretty sure we are all anticipating to play once again

iAMDIDIERx

Smash Rookie
Awesome, I really want to see some high level smash play, I dont play smash and never got into it but its something I have always seen. Anyways if you guys can start spreading the word and let me know who is going to register to play the tourney that would be great. Official registration will open next week and I will have the details on all that and how you guys can register. Also go ahead and like the facebook page, that is going to make it a lot easier for me (yes its really bare right now but Im working on it haha).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Southwest-Showdown/249906118416733?sk=info

Love how it still says I have 0 post haha

iAMDIDIERx

Smash Rookie
haha Ok then I get it but since I really have nothing to contribute to smash then Im always gunna be at zero.

Well glad people are starting to get hype for the chance to play in a competitive setting again. I wanna see some good matches. Like I said before go check out the facebook page we have more info there (or at least will have more info) Registration starts next week so you can all start pre registering to keep the cost down.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
oh snap its at beanie planet...

i get this feeling that this tourney isnt gonna happen (cuz its on april 1st LOL)

imma like the page now

EDIT: omg sudden death is played out? sounds fun

meh @ brinstar and rainbow cruise being a counterpick

is it only singles?

iAMDIDIERx

Smash Rookie
oh snap its at beanie planet...

i get this feeling that this tourney isnt gonna happen (cuz its on april 1st LOL)

imma like the page now

EDIT: omg sudden death is played out? sounds fun

meh @ brinstar and rainbow cruise being a counterpick

is it only singles?

Yeah its at Beanie Planet, for now depending on if I get too many people joining and I need to get a place with more room. I just got the counter picks from tournament pages for Melee. Like I said before I really have no idea about Melee tournament rules but this rule set seems to be the most concies with everything else. Yes its only singles tournament and even though the tournament is set for April 1st (April Fools Day) I promise that the tournament is going to happen. haha

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Yeah its at Beanie Planet, for now depending on if I get too many people joining and I need to get a place with more room. I just got the counter picks from tournament pages for Melee. Like I said before I really have no idea about Melee tournament rules but this rule set seems to be the most concies with everything else. Yes its only singles tournament and even though the tournament is set for April 1st (April Fools Day) I promise that the tournament is going to happen. haha
Let me know if you need help with anything.
Also if i were you i'd make a tourney thread so other people can see it

So yesterday I went to the venue for a TCG thing (I was late and didn't get to participate but whatever), and it looks good. It is kind of small but I overheard the managers talking about the tourney and they said they wouldn't have any other events running to make room for it. I've been telling people about it but they're being dumb and going "oh it's on april fool's day it's not gonna happen" so we'll see how the turnout will be.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
So yesterday I went to the venue for a TCG thing (I was late and didn't get to participate but whatever)
LOL same thing happened to me the first time I went to Beanie Planet.
The venue isnt too big, but knowing that we'll be the only event should give use enough room for everything.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I’m sorry to just barge into your thread, but I really want to invite you guys to my tournament in April here in Tucson, Arizona. This is a big tournament I am running, and I would be pleased as punch if you could come. Also, it’s AXE’s 21st birthday too, so that is already mad hype. I ask you guys to make the trip down here, and enjoy some cool spring weather this Easter weekend. Thanks!

Also if going to Batou's is better for you, go ahead and go. It's on a different week. :D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309171

Jane

Smash Hero
YES, ALL OF YOU COME TO NYTE. no excuses! 5 hour drive is cake! and remember how fun grand challenge was? yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~

Top Bottom