• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Brawl Tournament

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
So yeah... we're having a Brawl tournament. Its gonna be real, real, REAL. Yeah. Here's all the info:

WHEN:

Saturday, August 2nd

WHERE:

Major Players
1580 George Dieter
El Paso, TX 79936

WHAT TIME!?:

Registration starts at 10 in the am! Tournament starts at 12:00 PM!

ENTRY FEE!:

Its $5.00. We don't charge exorbitant entry fees and door fees and crap. Thats fake ****.

PRIZE:

Cash baby! Depends on how many people show up though...

RULES:

Or format. Whatever floats your boat. Its 4 way free for all with ITEMS ON MAX AND SMASHBALLS ZOMG! REALEST TOURNAMENT EVAR!

Hah, nah its
3 Stock
1 on 1
Best 2 out of 3 (Finals are 3 out of 5)
Double elimination
5 minute time limit (Maybe 6... or 7... not sure yet...)

Advanced Slob Picks: First match stage will be random. Loser chooses the next stage, then the winner chooses character, then the loser chooses character.

You can call for a Double Blind Pick if you want (although I don't think we've ever had to do this), where both players secretly choose their character for every match.

Random Starters:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
Rainbow Cruise
Delphino Plaze
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Corneria
Luigi's Mansion
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon

Banned Stages:
75m (DK Arcade)
Mario Bros. (Arcade)
Wario Ware
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Spear Pillar
Summit
Big Blue (Melee)
Hyrule Temple (Melee)
Mushroomy Kingdom

Oh snap isn't my sig the realest? Yeah so come to the tournament! Oh yeah, if I forgot anything, be sure to let me know! I do tend to forget important details!

**Edited with Sinz sexy update info!**

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
5 minute time limit?

Random Stages:
Battlfield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
?
D3 will ruin your tourament with those rules.

Lets fix it up a bit.

3 stock
7 minute time limit.
Random Starters:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks.
Rainbow Cruise
Delphino Plaze
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Corneria
Luigi's Mansion
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon

I think that is all of them... I'll make sure to check back up on this.

Also, yes this is me showing some interest in your guys's tourney.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the info. I'll update the first post in a bit. Yeah, I put 5 minute time limits because we get LOT of noobs and they'll go the full 7 minutes and still have like 2 stock left. Its pretty annoying. Plus we'll only have like 6 setups.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
maybe 6 min just in case? lylat cruise is sometimes considered a counter pick because the ship moves a bit and it screws with auto cancels (falcos laser). Ill take a wii if you need it. Can we like decide to have a double blind maybe just for the first match? I do like Sinz choice of maps though. Them New Mexico players need to come down, it usually El Paso going. $$$

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I'm down for those maps. I just copied and pasted those from another random thread. I don't know **** about this game. Maybe 6 minutes... maybe. But c'mon Lui... you only need 2 to destroy people.

Queen Zelda

Smash Cadet
I'll be going to the tournament. It's the first one I will go to, so I hope I'm good enough.:laugh:

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
We can play on Tuesday Duffman. Hah, everytime I see your name I can hear that "Oh Yeah" song by Yello playing in my head... Queen Zelda I'm sure there will be a lot of noobs around... so if you're decent you shouldn't do too bad. Did you ever figure out where the store is? Arturito Burrito, only the stages that we have listed as "Banned Stages" are banned. Usually if both players can mutually agree on a stage we just let them fight wherever instead of doing all that random/counterpick nonsense. We almost never have any squabbles over stages and counterpicking, double blind picks, blah blah blah.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Alright thats kool I was just a bit confused because of the stages missing in the list. What about metaknights infinite cape I'd rather not see a metaknight use his tornado then disappear for 7 minutes. Hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to manipulate things but most people are banning it from what I hear.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Arturo, its not an issue. Nobody has provided video evidence of anyone doing it more than 6 seconds.

Queen Zelda

Smash Cadet
Queen Zelda I'm sure there will be a lot of noobs around... so if you're decent you shouldn't do too bad. Did you ever figure out where the store is?
Oh okay, then. I'm not that of a noob, so I think I will do ok. :lick: No, I haven't figured it out yet. I will go today as soon as I get out from work. I live close to George Dieter. If I'm not mistaken, that's where the tournament is going to be held right?

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Arturito: Don't worry, if anyone does any gamebreaking glitches, we'll kick them out so quick your head will spin. This isn't the first tournament we've held. And if enough people show interest, yeah we can have weekly stuff there.

R2: Yeah bring your own control. You don't want to use the spares we have.

Queen Zelda: Yeah, Major Players on George Dieter is where the tournament is being held.

Alucard: That would be awesome.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
yo vermillion we need to play before the tourney. I lost to RAUL, that makes me just not want to play videogames. and slit my wrists

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Wow. That makes ME want to slit my wrists... but that probably happened BECAUSE you played me. Friday is probably the only day I can do it. I gots things to do wif mah lady tomorrow.

R2guitarist

Smash Rookie
DAMMIT! I got surgery yesterday and i have to walk around in crutches, and my leg hurts like hell. i'll probably still try to go tho, im not sure

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
do people who just go to watch have to pay anything else if they want to join in on the friendlies because my friend wanted to go just to watch. I'm trying to convince him of joining though.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Nah, there is no entry fee (to the venue that is) and there is no fee to just hang and play friendlies. During the tournament though, we have to restrict friendly play because we don't have enough setups to let people be playing willy nilly if a tournament match can be played. But before and after the tournament is definitely ok. We do take breaks from time to time to let people go grab some food or whatever, so friendlies are ok during that time as well. Thanks for the post on EPG Senor Arikado.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
So who actually went to this? I made it 2 round in the winners and lost at like the 5th in the losers. I beat the guy who got me out of the winners in the losers brackets wonder how I would have done if I stuck with Ike instead of choosing ROB because thats who I beat him with the 2nd time.

Also did any of you guys meet up I only talked to skyler. If anyone saw me I was the guy with the hard rock cafe T shirt and the rturo tag or if you fought me well I was Arturo.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
It had a lot more people than I thought it would I'm not sure what the count is but when I registered I think I was like 46. or it could have just been my imagination.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
The tourney was pretty cool, fast and smooth. Josh Newport won 1st place, i got 2nd, Andrew Newport 3rd and i dont really remember the rest. There is a tourney at tha-fix on the 16th. Its a doubles tourney.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to everyone who showed up to play and an even bigger thanks to those who brought systems/tvs. It helped us run the tournament quickly and smoothly (that and TIO, my god that program is the secks). I'm going to post all the results in detail tomorrow once I get them off the computer at the store. Oh and Zelda, the registration started at 10, but the actual tournament didn't start til 12:30. Next time I guess. Arturo what was your signup name? I was one of the guys running the tournament.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
It was Arturo Andujo. and is TIO just initials because that thing was the secks with out it the tournament would probably have taken a ton to start.

Also how did so many people find out about this?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
There was many people because this V3rmillion guy knows what he is doing and he sent out flyers around EL Paso. Now i know there were some people that were missing. There is more smash community out here is just a matter of people finding out. Maybe if there is another big tourney sometime, people could start traveling to our tourneys

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. There are definitely more smashers in El Paso than those that showed up. But we still had a good turnout. I didn't get a chance to get the exact numbers and placings, but there was 61 or 62 people there. I make flyers and send em out to Gamestop and advertise at the store itself. I post on here and on some other local El Paso sites. Myspace also. I saw your name Arturo but I don't recall your face. And Skyler was there? What name did he go by? I'll probably head back to the store today to get the actual results. I forgot this morning. Oh and yeah, TIO is the initials for the program I used to make the brackets and run the tournament. That thing is a godsend.

Top Bottom