• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Einhander" - One-Handed SSB64 Combo Vid

Born out of boredom awesomeness, a great idea meets extra time on hands. Worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtRBafGpMPc

Thanks for watching.

Here's a shorter tutorial of sorts on how to play one-handed.

Optimal way to hold the controller:

-Use pinky and ring finger and the side of my hand to cradle the side of the controller for support/stability while on leg. Rule is, you can only use one hand...
-Thumb on stick
-First knuckle of index finger (or tip of your finger if you have small hands) on A Button
-Middle finger on R
-For B, extend index finger out and hit/mash it with the underside of finger, or just reach your knuckle up, depending on the move
-To short-hop, quickly press down+c with your knuckle or reach up and tap up+c. Takes some getting used to, but it works.
-For Z, only use it to roll up on edges, where you have a second to reach under and press it with your middle finger

Attacking:

-Attack with A, not R
-Use R to Z-cancel
-Up+B - try moving your hand to a better position and just focus on doing Up+B
-Bad habit to try and use R to attack, since you won't have a way to Z-cancel

Defense/Recovery:

-Use R as shield. You can press R while landing, or after an attack, etc., to make your shield come out when you land.
-Ledgehop with down/back and Up+C
-DI is possible but tough
-Taunt cancel is possible (just hit the controller on your leg...)

What you can't do:

-Shield grab
-Shield without pressing R first
-Easily roll up onto the ledge

As for characters, pretty much everyone is playable. I think Link is probably the easiest to play. After that, probably Pikachu, Samus, Fox, Ness, Falcon, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Mario, Luigi, DK. Jiggs and Luigi are annoying to play, for example, because they're floaters.

Yep.

xMosmo

Smash Apprentice
This is just fantastic.

Playing with a controller in each hand, at the end, is insane.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
This video is better than most ones done with 2 hands :laugh: gooooooooooooood work :)

Can I get a name for the song used in the video?
maaang

they're listed in the bottom banner/ticker but.. i suppose a separate music list is always nice too.

propellerheads - bang on!
beatdrop - keep it short
prophecy - vector point...buffalo... something

the credits musics are also listed there
william stromberg - operation wigwam
r-type 3 - forces

i think that's it.

Oh damn, my bad man
The music was killer though
Thanks. No worries. I always thought this was a cool tune, and though this is the source tune for this one, it just sounded like a darker twist for the end... also I used to play this game a bit so this track was memorable.

Also.

edit: as the for the first song, I just happened to be in this kind of mood for the moment.

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
What a coincidence! I used Your Name Please... in my PM music pack!

I also never knew about the EB remix project, I will def. that out in the future

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
I really wisht there were more 64 teams tournies so people could do this and team with themselves

Top Bottom