• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge guarding Falco

Supergoomba

Smash Rookie
NNID
GamaBomb
3DS FC
5129-2709-2493
Hey guys
I've started to main Peach a couple of months ago and I have some trouble edge guarding Falco. Here's a video of me playing a Bo5 match against a Falco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2DS48McRmE . As you can see, my edge guarding is really bad. Can you guys give me some tips on this? General gameplay tips are also welcome.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
At the moment your strategy is that after you knock him off stage you pull a turnip and try and snipe. However most of the time he gets to edge too quickly or he recovers in a way where you can't hit him with the turnip so you try and hit him with the turnip after his up B ends, which usually doesn't work well either.

You'll have more success with this strategy if you throw the turnip immediately. The turnip throw will beat the side B more consistently if you do it sooner. If you are far away use the dash throw to cover the distance.

There's definitely more that can be done to edge guard but this builds on what you are already doing.

As a general tip, practice your float canceled aerials. They were either absent or sloppy.

Nonowa

Rich Homie
NNID
Wasabii
Generally, I try to hit him with a turnip to force him to fire bird up, then stop it with floating dair > nair. You can also follow him off and nair, assuming you're confident enough that you won't get phantasm spiked. Never forget: you can go way farther out than he can. You can also dsmash if he's riding up the stage. It'll cause a stage spike so be ready for the tech. Also, beware the trade at high percents.

BBQdPickles

Smash Cadet
Don't be afraid to jump out there, throw the turnip while he's charging up-b, then float and nair him before he can react. I always use this strategy on spacies and it dominates them. I'm sure this video will come in handy not only against falco, but many high tiers: https://youtu.be/q86I4s7pkWg?t=13m8s

Top Bottom