• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Elites April Results!

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Melee Doubles
1. Cyrain / Chillin
2. Milkman / Redd
3. Wenbo / KP
4. Bubbaking / Mai~Kun
5. R.E.M. / Brew
6. Shadocat / Jozi
7. Joel / Hazard

Project M Doubles
1. Cyrain / Chillin
2. Bubbaking / Mai~Kun
3. Milkman / Redd
4. Twelv / 2HYPE
5. Shadocat / Jozi

Melee Singles
1. Chillin
2. Redd
3. Cyrain

4. Milkman
5. Wenbobular
5. JU4N
7. SypherPhoenix
7. Bubbaking
9. Mai~Kun
9. Neo!
9. Episilon
9. KP
13. Jozi
13. Iota
13. R.E.M.
13. Serb
17. WONNIE
17. CM
17. Crabby
17. ShadoCat
17. VGTG

Brawl Singles
1. Iota
2. Logic
3. Nabster
4. Eon
5. AMK
6. Zion
7. Crabby

Project M Singles
1. Chillin
2. Cyrain
3. Milkman
4. Bubbaking
5. Iota
5. KP
5. VGTG
5. Twelv
9. Joe?

*3rd place was decided by a BO3 set between losers of the semis.

Redd
- Nice 2nd place. Thanks for the carpool. That 1 turn on the way home should be a tourist attraction. Took like 20 seconds for your GPS to tell an instruction

JU4N
- nice win against KP. I take all credit for teach you how to vs Peach ^.^

Bubbaking
- Rematch. I'll add you on PSN sometime today

Episilon
- Narcissist

KP
- Your Peach probably isn't ripe for tournament use yet. But keep playing her. She's so broken

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
:marthmelee: Everywhere >_>

Extremely dissapointed in my singles performance. Did not want to have to play someone from my carpool 1st round. Salt Aside:

Chillin- GGs in teams. Your PM Wolf is sick. Glad i got to see it in person.

Redd- Thanks for the carpool. And ggs in teams.

Cyrain: Nice meeting you. Holy **** youre tall.

Milkman: GGs in teams

Wenbo: Thanks for the friendlies. I almost had that Falcon :(

JU4N: Im really sorry about my performance and attitude during our set. Next time I'll do better.

Bubba: GGs in teams. eff samus lol.

Mai-Kun: GGs in teams.

Neo!: Thanks for the friendlies.

Episilon: Eff peach for real :mad:

KP: Thanks for the friendlies. Good seeing you again. GO BACK TO MARTH!! ITS MAD GOOD!!!!

Jozi: Our Performance in teams was expected lol. We have alot to improve on.

REM: GGs in teams.

Tewlv/2HYPE: GGs in teams.

Also shoutouts to Tag & 4/20

primes2113

Smash Rookie
yo... didn't get to stay for any of the events but

@420 fredericksburg: fun playing with you/talking with you dude, I was the guy who smelled funky and we played alot of friendlies.

JU4N: If you see this, know that I would love to play smash w/ srs dudes around the UVA area, hit me up when you guys are getting down

Oasys17

Smash Apprentice
Was a really fun event! I look forward to next month :)
Shoutouts:

Milkman: You're lucky I didn't get my stretchin in, your ass woulda gotten tagged ;P You suck!

Arcadia: Who's Mai-kun? :p was fun as usual. Was fun having you in our car. Hardly got to play you though

Cyrain: SALT! D: Lol, kidding. Remind me to take our matches more seriously, even if they're in tournament. They're inevitable.

Chillin: Was fun playing against you and Cyrain in PM. I really wanna play you in a few 1v1s :) Shoutouts to "VagTag" xD

Twelv: Glad we didn't kill each other more than twice the whole tourney :D Did roughly where I expected we would. We need to work on individual skill, methinks.

Rem: Shoutouts to Mute City! :p We shoulda played more, and probably on a better stage haha, but it was fun regardless :)

Serb: Our matches were really fun. I'm so mad I SD'd! D: I didn't get to play you in friendlies either. It was nice meeting you though! Solid Marth :)

Shadocat/Jozi: Definitely fun playing you guys in teams :) You'll DEFINITELY improve quickly. My first tourney wasn't a good look for sure xD

Iota: I still haven't played you in PM singles! I feel like I owe you a runback on our tourney match from the other week in melee, though xD. Was nice seeing you again.

Ju4n: The doubles friendlies with you and QWA in P:M were really fun, I enjoyed em! Dat Lucas doe :p We should play more!

QWA/Episilon: Thank you guys again for streaming! It's great to have a reference to look for things to improve on.

Crabby: Your jigglypuff is pretty scary :X That first round, I had the shakes :p Keep at it!

Bubbaking: I DEFINITELY wanna play you in P:M singles :p That Diddy @~@ Was fun playing with you and Mike in teams :)

Joe?: Hope ya had fun, dude! Thanks for the ride, and believe me, you'll improve so much from coming to smaller events like this, it's insane :) Try and play more often, though!

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
This was definitely one of my better tournaments. These are always so much fun! :)

Ammad: Thanks for hosting another great tournament! :D Next time you should get PM singles started a little earlier haha.
Chillin: 420 blaze it fgt
Cyrain: We need to play friendlies more often lol :ohwell:
Milkman: Maybe next time you'll actually team with me LAWL
Wenbobular: ~_~
JU4N: Omg we actually didn't have to play each other in bracket this time!!
SypherPhoenix: YOU NEED TO SLOW DOWN
Bubbaking: Top tier teammate holy ****. We gotta team again some time.
Neo!: You shoulda stayed Marth in that doubles set :p
Epsilon & QWA: Thanks for the streams! I love going back and watching my sets. It really does help.
KP: Gotta add you to the list of people I need a salty rematch with. I'm gonna getcha next time ;)
Jozi: You gotta work on not killing yourself so much. I think you suicided at least once in both of our matches and I think that really cost you in the end. You really had me scared. o_o
R.E.M.: Fun set in doubles! You guys nearly had us o_o
Serb & WONNIE: Marth <3
CM & Crabby: I don't think I got to play you guys at all :( Maybe once somewhere in doubles but still.
ShadoCat: GGs in doubles :)
VGTG: We'll get to play more next time haha. Keep working on that Melee practice! You're getting there! Thanks for bringing me back food too! :)
Joe: Thanks for driving! I wish we could've played more though. :(
Tewlv: Fxcking DK man. @_@

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Logic lost to Iota again? LOL. I bet like $10 he won :olimar: vs :wario: R1 then switched to :metaknight: R2, and then proceeded to lose the set.

Edit: Did he travel over 3.5 hours to get 2nd out of 7 people? If so, loooooooooooooool.
:018:

TWELV!

Smash Rookie
My first real tournament-thing! I've heard it really hurts the first time, but it actually wasn't half bad. I'm chalking any victories I got up to matchup unfamiliarity, because I saw exactly 0 DK's in that room aside from myself.

Shoutouts!

Ammad: As fun a time as ever I've had. Sure hope you're hosting more of these in the future!
Milkman: Next time I'll have your number. And that number will be TWELV(E). Really close matches, except for that part where I died like a moron. Multiple times. Bleah.
Cyrain: The only time we played together was in teams, but you and Chilln didn't disappoint. I got taken for a ride. X_X
Chilln: See above. I've never played with a smash legend before but now I know that it ends in tears. Vagtag is so happy you gave him a shoutout, I think he's got the sweats.
Iota: Good to see you again. Getting a little harder to spike me with those Wario Dsmashes, isn't it!? Too bad your Luigi took me to the woodshed. I actually think you play him even better than the big fat guy!
2HYPE/VGTG: Keep your knees to yourself and we'll have something beautiful in no time. A little more practice on both our parts will do us a lot of good.
Bubbaking: God dammit, Diddy Kong.
Everyone I played in doubles: GGs. I got bruised, but I hope I at least gave you a little exercise for your money.
QWA: I hogged your PM stream. I'm not sorry, though, cause I've already got friends giving me **** for those ice-spikes Joe got in on me and you recorded. Gotta get in more matches with you, I like it when I get to punch Peach and you brought a real good teammate with you!
Arcadia: ****ing DK man. @_@
All the rest: I'm bad with names, and I'm kind of new here, so don't feel bad if you didn't get any love or respect. Rest assured you all have all of it, despite whatever ****-talking you might hear out of me. More of you should play P:M. :O

Looking forward to the next one and polishing my craft. We shall meet again!

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
GGs to everyone I played. Nice seeing you guys again. I think I'm gonna have to practice melee a lot more now. :happysheep:

Damn, good stuff Iota. :D
Thanks Poyo :happysheep:

Logic lost to Iota again? LOL. I bet like $10 he won :olimar: vs :wario: R1 then switched to :metaknight: R2, and then proceeded to lose the set.

Edit: Did he travel over 3.5 hours to get 2nd out of 7 people? If so, loooooooooooooool.
He went Olimar the entire set. It honestly seems like he drived that far for nothing unfortunately. :happysheep:

TehPinkEmoBunni

Smash Rookie
Okay. Oasys/2HYPE/VGTG is going to suffer an aneurysm if I don't post a shoutout thing.

My first real tournament thingy as well. I came into it with pretty low expectations for myself, but it wasn't all 'that" bad, right?

Khokar: Thanks for organizing the stuffs! Had a great time, and I'm down to play some brawl with ya again haha
Cyrain: It was cool that I could recognize ya from school and such. Too bad we didn't get to play, but I suppose there'll be plenty of opportunities to do so in the near future~
Iota: Good game! You popped my tournament cherry. I'll be looking forward to playing ya again >.>;
QWA: Yeah, we did hog that stream. Whoops. It was fun playing with ya though!
Arcadia/Maikun: The drive wasn't that bad~ I did regret not getting ice cream by the time I got home though... Yeah, I reckon we'll get some games in sooner or later haha

QWA

Smash Apprentice
QWA: I hogged your PM stream. I'm not sorry, though, cause I've already got friends giving me **** for those ice-spikes Joe got in on me and you recorded. Gotta get in more matches with you, I like it when I get to punch Peach and you brought a real good teammate with you!
Those DK vs. G&W matches are priceless, don't worry about hogging it! As for the Peach comment, I never play Peach... EVER.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion

I don't see why Iota beating PS is a surprise. If anything when PS beats him, I go WTF.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ammad are you staying in Cville for the summer/will ECE continue? Shout-outs for hosting another good tournament either way.

Serb: GGs dude keep it up.
Sypher: GGs. Is that one Jiggs target even possible to hit?
Milkman: We didn't play a single game. Fake.
Epsilon: No tournament set/money match/pride match. This is unacceptable.
KP: GGs
Bubbaking: I was worried I'd n00b it up in the Samus MU; I enjoyed our set though. Lots of good spacing battles.
Shadocat: No worries; melee can be a difficult game :\.
Redd: I have to lose a set against you at every tournament, but at least I earned it in loser's bracket this time.

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
Was any melee recorded? Would be sweet to see...

re: the archived livestream - can't identify who is playing as no tags + no commentators...

Was any melee recorded? Would be sweet to see...

re: the archived livestream - can't identify who is playing as no tags + no commentators...
Youtube is too much work. Not worth it anymore. And even on livestream things are uncoordinated

QWA

Smash Apprentice
I can if you really want me to. The thing is, who would care?
I had a few people who came and thanked me for putting up the stream of the last tournament (They were sure to mention the bad quality, too :facepalm:). It might help people to watch themselves play afterwards.

I had a few people who came and thanked me for putting up the stream of the last tournament (They were sure to mention the bad quality, too :facepalm:). It might help people to watch themselves play afterwards.
http://www.twitch.tv/epsilon933/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

Go find yourself

(Not at you, QWA, but at anyone who wants to watch what they've done. If someone seriously wants to see themself, they can go put some effort into finding it themselves. It's really stupid to put out so much effort for others for a cost of excessive work in return. Besides, stream archive is in 60 frames per second. Youtube would limit it to 30)

QWA

Smash Apprentice
put out so much effort for others for a cost of excessive work in return. Besides, stream archive is in 60 frames per second. Youtube would limit it to 30)
The frame rate is a good point, but let's be honest here, it takes like 5 minutes to make the twitch highlight (you can make it the entire recording if you want to), and click the upload button. It's much easier than saving a file locally and uploading it. The reason I'm being so stubborn (and probably annoying) about uploading it to Youtube is because that's what most people are the most comfortable with for watching videos.

That being said, it's your decision, and you're more experienced with this sort of thing. You have your opinion, and I respect it, despite how much I may disagree with you. I don't feel like we're getting anywhere in this discussion, so I'll stop bothering you now (unless you post something that really annoys me).

Thanks for helping me stream from my setup by the way, it looks much nicer than it used to.

P.S.
I'm not going to try Captain Falcon against you ever again.

The frame rate is a good point, but let's be honest here, it takes like 5 minutes to make the twitch highlight (you can make it the entire recording if you want to), and click the upload button. It's much easier than saving a file locally and uploading it. The reason I'm being so stubborn (and probably annoying) about uploading it to Youtube is because that's what most people are the most comfortable with for watching videos.

That being said, it's your decision, and you're more experienced with this sort of thing. You have your opinion, and I respect it, despite how much I may disagree with you. I don't feel like we're getting anywhere in this discussion, so I'll stop bothering you now (unless you post something that really annoys me).

Thanks for helping me stream from my setup by the way, it looks much nicer than it used to.

P.S.
I'm not going to try Captain Falcon against you ever again.
You stopped a JV5 with 4 hits ^.^ Too good

The thing is more of a personal thing. It's a story. I just felt unappreciated when I was a tournament video uploader. Part of it was because I took it in such a competitive way. I hated having less youtube success than the other uploaders even when I felt like I put in more work than them. The lengths I went through were unhealthy. Reneblade says he gained 70% of his subscribers from promotions from DVCrecROOM and TheWaffle77. We were always neck-and-neck in subscriber counts. IAs for the others, they record interesting players and they can speak, 2 things I never really had. Also, they didn't try to record barlw. Look at me pathetically whine

I refuse to upload out of trauma. Besides, I don't even believe in this thing anymore. I don't watch tournament sets on youtube and I rarely ever did. Even when I upload a set of finals in rivaling ajp_anton quality, they only get 1/3 of the views that my random melee moment videos get. I'm being efficient

QWA

Smash Apprentice
You stopped a JV5 with 4 hits ^.^ Too good
I like how you counted how many hits I got on you during that match. I guess I should just go Link against you (not that I'm going to win with him, but it'll be fun).

Do whatever makes you happy, that's what's best for you. I'm going to continue to upload my streams though, I don't really care about Youtube success. I will admit though, people have shown appreciation for this, and that does provide motivation.

Also, Oasys, if you see this, we need to continue those friendlies, I haven't gotten to Sheik yet.

I like how you counted how many hits I got on you during that match. I guess I should just go Link against you (not that I'm going to win with him, but it'll be fun).

Do whatever makes you happy, that's what's best for you. I'm going to continue to upload my streams though, I don't really care about Youtube success. I will admit though, people have shown appreciation for this, and that does provide motivation.

Also, Oasys, if you see this, we need to continue those friendlies, I haven't gotten to Sheik yet.
The hidden strength of low tiers is the weakness in the opponents of them not knowing what to do. It works in the short term. Play me some more and I'll start to understand how Peach vs Link works

That's what I should have always been doing and I've only recently started doing that. Deleting all but 2 tournament sets I've ever recorded is 1 of the best decisions I've ever made

QWA

Smash Apprentice
The hidden strength of low tiers is the weakness in the opponents of them not knowing what to do. It works in the short term. Play me some more and I'll start to understand how Peach vs Link works
Yes, but I'll learn how Link vs. Peach works, and hopefully, I have a bit more room to improve. I'm not expecting to win, but I'd like to get you down to your last stock at some point.

Yes, but I'll learn how Link vs. Peach works, and hopefully, I have a bit more room to improve. I'm not expecting to win, but I'd like to get you down to your last stock at some point.
Keep playing. You'll always improve as you play. Let's find out by how much at the next event

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Eww <_< just get better with Falcon bro
You'll learn one day that low tiers suck

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
~_~ if you want tips feel free to ask me
I'm not the best at explaining but I like trying

Top Bottom