• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E4U: Remix - Featuring MJG, FOW, TKD + NV/AZ

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

The West Coast series is back with another event. The last event was hype all around with a total of 120 players entering the Smash events. We hope to expand once again this time around and will be back at the same awesome venue as last time, Desu-Nation!

Singles Pools will take place to ensure you get a good amount of matches (5 minimum). If you make it out of pools, you will proceed to the pro bracket. If you do not make it out of pools, we will have an amateur bracket for those interested.

9410 E Las tunas Drive
Temple City, CA 91780

TIMES

11:00 A.M. - Venue opens - Signups Begin
~12:00 P.M. - Signups end, Singles Pools begins shortly
3:00 P.M. - Doubles Pools Begin

Amateur and Pro Singles Bracket begin as Doubles is coming to an end.

Prices

Singles Entry Fee: $10
Doubles Entry Fee: $5.00 Per Player
Door Fee: $10
Amateur Bracket (for those who do not make it out of pools): $3

Parking
Parking is really bad in front of the store. Instead, park at the Ralph's a block over. I'll add a picture in soon to show you guys exactly where to park!

Pro Bracket Payout
1st: 50% of pot
2nd: 25% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot
4th: 5% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
7th: 2% of pot
7th: 2% of pot

Doubles Payouts
1st - 58% of pot
2nd - 28% of pot
3rd - 9% of pot
4th - 5% of pot
*If less than 20 teams enter, payout will be top 3*

Check out the link below for more information on the Elite Four Series.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=102942

Brawl will be using the Unity Ruleset 2.1 - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

MikeHazeGaming@gmail.com

Couch

Smash Cadet
Do you think maybe there could be a Project M bracket by any chance? The new demo should be out by then.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Project M would be TIGHT

shoutouts to my boy JCaesar

This one time I was hosting a local in MD/VA. Said I needed chairs/tables in the thread. Dude brought like 3 pickup trucks worth.

What a homie. Hes the best. Play Project M.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Time's been an issue in the past and squeezing in PM could be difficult, but if people want to do it, I could help, being in the PMBR and whatnot.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Sure, a project M tournament seems feasible as long as we have enough setups for it. I wouldn't want to start it until Melee singles is completed however.

I'll have new player discount flyers up later today, stay posted!

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
You of course always have the option of bringing a set up to save. Bringing a full setup saves you $5.

In addition, if you are player that is new to tournaments, you can print out this flyer to save $5 off your 1v1 entry fee:

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I do understand the concerns in terms of pricing, although it does unfortunately cost money to run these events. We do offer various ways for our players to save money. If you are a new player, you save $5 right off of the bat with the flyer. If you are not a new player, you can save $5 by bringing a full setup. Meaning you'll be paying about $15 for a 12+ hour event.

As I stated, I do understand the need to save money so I'll be reimplementing the "Carpool Discount" deal we did a few tournaments back. For every person you bring in your carpool, you'll save $1 ($5 max). The only thing I ask is to let me know your entire carpool by 4/12/12 as it becomes extremely tedious to keep track of all the carpools coming to the event.

Hope this helps a bit, I look forward to seeing everyone at the event.

Zenokidz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Narukami
3DS FC
1091-8486-9344
I really hope that I can attend this event. :)

Archimbald

Smash Cadet
I can bring a setup! CRT and a Cube, yeah?
I'm totally ditching class for this, too.

Cassio

Smash Master
Are you still re-implementing the carpool discount for people coming from far? Hopefully Im making it to this and San Diego, lol.

Top Bottom