• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[25/08/17] Dranakars Stage Mods - Entry 16 - Golden Temple and more!

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Hi there.
It's been a while since I last checked in, but I've picked up modding a little again.
I'm no master stage builder or modder, but I thought I'd share my tweaked stages with you guys if you had any interest:

Edit: Found out how to use spoilers ^^

Entry 1 - Stage Mixing

Jungle Hijinx Revisited:

Download

I love this stage, and when i saw there were some new textures floating around I decided to mix them together
This is basically the layout of this stage
combined with the models of this stage
All credit to the original builders.
Considering removing some background models to optimize stage.

Entry 2 - Texture updates:
These are just minor texture updates to stages i really like.
Temple of Time:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33696
I added "carpet" to the platforms to make them more distinct.

Download
All credit to Mewtwo2000

Green Hill Zone:

Download

I stole the textures from this stage
and added them to the original Greenhill zone so it would stop hurting my eyes.
All credit to WarioManX with credit to ChaosZeroX, SuperGuzzi, & Mewtwo2000

Entry 3 - Reskinning and Recombining
Lost Woods Zone
I recently decided to use another texture over Yoshis Island, but i didn't want to give up lost woods.. Solotion? Port models and textures to another map, in this case Green Hill Zone.

Includes SSS stuff and some Brstm's.
Download

Milky Was Meadows
I have been playing around with this one for a while now, but couldn't decide on a single layout, so I thought: What the hell, lets do them all. So here is a 4 stages - 1 download situation.

Download
Thanks to angelglory for letting me use his models and textures!

Entry 4 - More visual updates
Yoshi's New Island
All credit goes to ALM5252 and Wingedkoopa67 since all the models and textures are theirs. I was really excited when I found: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205042 But realizing it was a new map and not a texture update made me sad, so I took it upon myself to update the original map. All collision and stuff is the same, just new looks.

Download

Entry 5 - An unexpected turn of events
Fountain of the Milkyway Meadows
s
sooooo, yeah. I had all intentions of finishing the other projects a started on, but somehow when I tried to get started on a guide on how to make stage compatible with 3,6 I got sucked into making this stage. I mainly did this stage because:
1) there is no real alt skins for FoD
and
2) My mate who i play a lot with got confused by the reflexsion. I might revisit this when I learn more about stage lighting or find a better skybox. Well, hope you enjoy.
[/IMG]

Download
Edit: Made some adjustment to the lighting. Still looks kind of weird but better

Entry 6 - Something with Time.. and Temple.. and stuff.
So, got it working, more or less. It's not nearly as beautiful as DSX8's port. I had a lot of trouble porting the models and the light just kept messing with me. But here it is. Might take a swing at the stage lighting when I get better. Enjoy!
All credit to Mewtwo2000 and DSX8 for their textures and models.

Download

Entry 7 - MOAR Zelda Maps! + some other stuff
Gerudos Secret
First version done for now :) Decided to remove the triforce and add some inhabitants to the village.
I'm very new to animation and realize that the animations are not very good. If someone wants to redo them go for it! else i might do it myself at some point :) Credit to DSX8 for the Gerudo Village import and to Omegapaste for the platforms.

Download

Lost woods 3.6B Update
Thanks to @ DualX DualX for pointing out that this stage didn't work properly. It was pretty sloppy from my side.
Now it's properly done and with a little easter egg added :p
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24946
Credit to Vanguard, Akiro + FroznHobo, Johnlcb, Lensho

Download
Yoshis Stream 3.6B Update

I updated this a while ago but, only posted it in comments. There are 2 minor visual bugs that are known atm.
When changing seasons from winter to spring, a blue see-through screen appears for a moment in the background. And the shy-guy on the right starts out by being a chunk of wood and suddenly turns into normal.
No collision was messed with. Completly legal.
And ofc Credit to Akiro for the original stage

Download

Entry 8 - Skyloft is having a pretty rough day - Not working ATM
Siege of Skyloft
Phew, well, Castle Seige is not the easiest stage to work with, BUT! None the less, I missed skyloft to much to let it slide from competetive and since the layouts were more or less the same, I edited skyloft to match Castle Siege. The lighting is a little weird and there is no way I know of to remove the burning lights. And I know nothing of Character lighting, so if anyone does, don't hesitate to speak up :D The SSS icons are a little sloppy, feel free to make some and post them! Hope you enjoy:

Download

Sunny Siege of Skyloft

Download

Skyloft Returns
And for the mor minimalistic minded:

Download

Entry 9 - I'm back with more zelda stages - More fail....
Distant Skyview Spring
So i was missing a legal alternative to Distant Planet, so I made this.

Comments: First off, I ran into some issues with this stage. The leaf platforms models couldn't be replaced, so they look kinda funny and strech when stood upon. Furthermore I was not able to port the water animation or stage lighting from DSX8 beautiful original stage which you guys should check out: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35561

Download

Entry 10 - Back in poké-action!
Saffron Stadium
I always thought it was a shame that this beautiful stage didn't get any competive playtime, so i decided to try and change that! It's not 100% legal, since i did not port the stage over PS2 but portet the collision onto Saffron. It should be like 98% the same.
All credit to the old PMDT for this awesome stage. Miss you <3
Hope you enjoy!

Download

Entry 11 - Rumble in the Jungle
Kongo Junge Returns
Always really liked the stage, but the main stage being 1 big platform and the graphics kept me from using it. Now that isn't really a problem!
Credit to the old PMDT, and hope you in enjoy!
Included in the download is both daylight:

and sunset versions!

Download

Entry 12 - Temple time, YEAAAAH!
Temple of Time (Warioland)
An updated version of my old stage that is tourney legal for the current PM 3.6. DSX8 made the models to huge credit to him. I just fiddled with the stage :) Hope you enjoy!

Download

Entry 13 - In a universe far far away... at a spring.. with a skyview
Distant Skyview Spring (for realsies this time)
I've always hated Distant Planet as a stage, didn't like the theme, didn't like the music. So what better way to get some good music and visuals than to do another tourney legal zelda stage! :D

The stage is DSX8's and I ripped the platforms from Lost Forest Planet. Credit to DSX8 for his beautiful port, to Soopercool101 for helping me with the shadows, and to HyperL!ink for helping me with the color of the platforms!
Hope you enjoy!
Download

Entry 14 - The return.. or you, for now :)
Galaxy of Dreams
New fountain of dreams reskin.

Download

And last. but not least!!!
Hyrule Zone!
A tourney legal alternative to Green Hill Zone. Made for Legacy TE.

Download

Entry 15 - Cool tourney stages that I forgot to include here :D
Big Blue Ville
Another Legacy TE stage that is a 1-1 reskin of smashville.
Huge credit to theytah for the falcon flyer.

Download

Green Groves Secret

This isn't a TE stage, but could have been. It's a 1-1 reskin of Delfinos Secret.
Huge credit to Lensho for the beautiful original stage.

Download

Entry 16 - Backlog and a bit new;
Fountain of the Great Cave
½ a year ago I started working on this, but I felt it was lacking, so when the great cave offensice non-omega version came out I took that chance and ripped some models and made platforms from them. Also made the pillar from that.
It's a 1-1 for FoD :D

Download

Golden Temple
This stage was one of my darlings during TE development (even though it's not a 1-1 (yet). I had modelled most of the stage when I found out people could rip models from the game xD That's where Kuro saved the day, this stage would not be possible without him. The platform is moving in it's own unique way, I hope you enjoy!

Download

Torn Sky Battlefield
1-1 PM 3.6 Battlefield for your taking.
Made for and included in Legacy TE. Huge thanks for WorseDoughnut and Nezha for helping me with this stage! Hope you enjoy!

Download

I have more stages in the pipeline, but I have no idea when they will be released :D
More to come...

Last edited:

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
It looks really good. It looks like more of an edited Wii U stage than a Brawl one

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Thanks :) I think to models might be ported from the Wii_U.
Also, i updated to thread.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
These look great! Seeing as how you know how to export+import the Lost Woods texture to the 3.5/3.6 Yoshi's Island...would you happen to know any resources you could point me towards to learn how? I have a general idea of how BrawlBox stuff works, but idk which textures to export, and the few times I attempted to do so, they ended up as blank/white textures when I imported them :/ Really miss my 3.02 Yoshi's Stream aha

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Ok so, I ended up messing around with the port instead of actually writing a guide. It's a piece of work that stage i tell you. I did my best, it's pretty good it think. Though in 1 season there is a weird screen in the Background. Better than nothing i guess ^^
Download

If you want to mess around with porting models in/out of stages i have these tips for you:
Exporting:
- You want to select the model you want and press export.
- Save it somewhere you can find it.

To actually use the model you exported you will need the textures as well.
- Expand the model to see a number of subfolders
- Expand the folder called Textures to see what textures your model uses.
Now you want to find the archive where the textures are stored. Usually it's in the bottom of the pacfile named Texturedata (insert number). Usually the files for 1 model i stored in the same archive. If that is the case, you will want to export the whole archive. If you select the option of export all, you will get 102380 single files, so i usually just export the archive.

Importing:
When importing I find that the stage won't show your models if you import them as an archive, so choose an archive already existing in the map. Afterwards press "import" ->model.
Afterwards you can import the texture archive, and hopefully you should be good-to-go.

Things I havn't talked about but is still relevant:
Animations - For example Yoshis stream had a single frame animation that scaled and rotated the background, don't ask me why. So just importing the model wasn't enough. And the water had an animation which was a B*** to get to play. Don't even know what i did to get it right, but something worked.
And as a rule of thumb I rarely delete anything exsisting in the original map. It will sometimes crash the stage, so I just select the polygons i don't want and move them out of sight.

I'm no master of stages, and this was written in about 10 min but I hope you find this useful. And enjoy the stage.

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Completely forgot to get back to you on your update to Yoshi's Stream!!

iirc my friends and I didn't notice anything wrong with the background (I think you mentioned it might have oddities?), but the white Shy Guy only shows up as a rectangle cutout of a wood texture. Also, I might be wrong, but it seemed like the wood rectangle (if that was meant to be the white shy guy) shows up a bit later than it normally would...like it would appear simultaneously with the ghost platform.

I'll confirm whether the white shy guy timer is off in a few hours. Just wanted to give some feedback asap since you've been waiting );

Narpas_sword

Nice work @ Dranakar Dranakar , definitely getting the Temple of time back into my build.

If you're looking for inspiration for your next level re-texture, i was thinking of replacing Delphino secrets with a port Town themed level. =p

or, i could learn to do it myself

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
If you're looking for inspiration for your next level re-texture, i was thinking of replacing Delphino secrets with a port Town themed level. =p
This is what I wanted when I heard we were getting a Delfino themed Dracula's Castle. Always loved that stage's look

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
@ ECHOnce ECHOnce Thanks! If you you are sure there aren't any BG oddeties I'll post the update to modulous :) And The Woodchunk I believe is on time. It acts as a warning, so you know when the platforms are comming. Might retexture it though :)

@ Narpas_sword Narpas_sword Thanks alot! Oh wait, wait, wait! Just realized that I hadn't posted the updated 3.6B version of temple of time. I re-uploaded it to modulous and correted the DL link in the thread, so if you re-download, you should be fine ^^

And concerning Delfinos Secret it's not something I've thought of. But I might look into it though. But might not be on the top of my list. I have 2 WiP stages I'd like to get somewhat done before i get started on new stuff :)

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I'm loving that Yoshi's Island mod, as well as Jungle Hijinx. Excellent work. I think I could get into some of these.

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
@ ECHOnce ECHOnce & @ HypnotizeOverdrive HypnotizeOverdrive : Thanks for the kind words ^^ I'm glad if people have a good time playing my maps.

Here is a preview of what I'm working on:

Next up I'll see what I can do with the Port Towns Secret Idea.

Also I'm open for suggestions on what to do.
I'm not capable of doing major model reworks but porting and skinning I'm definatly getting the hang of :)

DualX

Smash Apprentice
For the Temple of Time, I like the additions. I also use the map and will now be using this version instead. Have you considered updating the textures to make it look less blurry and more on par with the 3DS version?

Yoshi's New Island looks perfect! I would love to see more work on stages to give this more of this vibrant look.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

@ ECHOnce ECHOnce & @ HypnotizeOverdrive HypnotizeOverdrive : Thanks for the kind words ^^ I'm glad if people have a good time playing my maps.

Here is a preview of what I'm working on:

Next up I'll see what I can do with the Port Towns Secret Idea.

Also I'm open for suggestions on what to do.
I'm not capable of doing major model reworks but porting and skinning I'm definatly getting the hang of :)
I always thought the legal stage list was lacking in zelda maps. You're making it much better =)

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
always thought the legal stage list was lacking in zelda maps. You're making it much better =)
@ Narpas_sword Narpas_sword Right?! :) And soon I'll have a good reason to include this brstm :) I'm pretty close to having a map, though the platforms are really bugging out. When i get them to cooperate and reskin them It'll basically be done.
What do you guys think of the (spinning) triforce. Too much? or good?

For the Temple of Time, I like the additions. I also use the map and will now be using this version instead. Have you considered updating the textures to make it look less blurry and more on par with the 3DS version?
@ DualX DualX Well, just tried updating the textures, but the resolution that the models use are so low that it basically doesn't do much of a difference. Here's a pic for comparison:
Top one is the newest.
And thanks, I'm really happy with the way YS turned out :)

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
What do you guys think of the (spinning) triforce. Too much? or good?
I feel like the Triforce is out of place; it does fill out the empty space under the platform very nicely, but it doesn't fit the aesthetic of the stage in my opinion.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
@ DualX DualX Well, just tried updating the textures, but the resolution that the models use are so low that it basically doesn't do much of a difference. Here's a pic for comparison:
Top one is the newest.
Are you kidding? That looks like a world of a difference; the blurry tile/brick lines in the original always turned me away a bit.

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Are you kidding? That looks like a world of a difference; the blurry tile/brick lines in the original always turned me away a bit.
@ ECHOnce ECHOnce
Well I was hoping more for a result like this:

@ DualX DualX Seems like your prayers have been awnsered :) DSX8 Just ported Temple of Time from 3ds and that's what I'm playing around with atm.

It needs the carpenters on the inside 'building' the stage
Like animated dudes hanging under the stage contructing? lol Nice idea, but probably out of my league of expertise!

I feel like the Triforce is out of place; it does fill out the empty space under the platform very nicely, but it doesn't fit the aesthetic of the stage in my opinion.
Hmmm yeah, you might be right. I had that feeling as well, but just couldn't decide.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
DUDE. YOU ARE AWESOME.

PMDT, HIRE THIS MAN. HE'S ON A ROLL!

EDIT: After playing around on New Yoshi's Island, I noticed that the background colors seem kinda dulled down. It's very noticeable because the clouds do not match the background clouds. Is this a lighting issue? Also, can the platforms receive a higher resolution texture to match the crispness of the rest of the stage?

And as far as that layout goes, I liked replacing Castlevania with this version, but now I'll settle for making it an alternate to the original Luigi's Mansion stage.

I'm not entirely sure if there is something you can do with it to improve the original. Luigi's Mansion 2 textures?

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

@ ECHOnce ECHOnce

@ DualX DualX Seems like your prayers have been awnsered :) DSX8 Just ported Temple of Time from 3ds and that's what I'm playing around with atm.

Like animated dudes hanging under the stage contructing? lol Nice idea, but probably out of my league of expertise!

Hmmm yeah, you might be right. I had that feeling as well, but just couldn't decide.

That 3DS port looks great.
One thing though, are you able to differentiate between the stage and the background better? i find a lot of players new to the map dont see the edge as easily and think its a walkoff.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
@ ECHOnce ECHOnce
Holy ****. High standards. Is this a photoshop mockup "sketch" of your goal? If you're having trouble, maybe getting some help/learning from the PMDT involved in redesigning the HD stages could help; I'm sure this may interest them in their off-time.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Last edited:

DualX

Smash Apprentice
That 3DS port looks great.
One thing though, are you able to differentiate between the stage and the background better? i find a lot of players new to the map dont see the edge as easily and think its a walkoff.
I can see what you're saying. Perhaps make the walkoff portion extend towards the steps like a bridge. Maybe that would help the player see it easier.

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
WHOAW! Thread Explosion! :D
First of all: Thanks for the attention, compliments and suggestions! Alot of people are apparently following the thread ^^ I feel way out of my league. @ Xermo Xermo I've been watching your work for months, It's really great!

Second: I feel like I'm getting a little too much credit here for stuff that aint mine. I'm definatly not PMDT material (I wish). I Just import models and textures other people make. Even though it ends up looking good, I'm only remixing and not really creating anything from scratch.
As Xermo and myself pointed out the Temple of Time 3ds is @Demonslayerx8 's port, I'm just screwing around with it. ^^ And he's the one who ported Gerudo Village as well as Jungle Hijinx.

Third: Had I known that Temple of Time teaser would get so much hype I probably would've waited a bit to show it. The truth is I've only been able to port the collision and models from the original WW temple of time to DSX8's version. So it's not really compatible with comtetive play (yet). But since the intrest is there I will get to work as soon as possible!
And I hear what you are saying with the platform edge visibility. I'll see what I can do :)

As for yoshis story I almost havn't had time to play on it myself, but I will watch out for what you are commenting on @ DualX DualX :)

DualX

Smash Apprentice
Instead of making this a giant request thread (unless that's what you were looking for), what actually goes into making older stages compatible with newer versions of the game? I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong here, but some old stages seems to work just fine when I put them up on my build, but others just simply crash even if I put in the rel file.

I ask this because I there are plenty of fantastic looking stages that people have uploaded, but simply don't work. And unfortunately it looks like that Lost Woods stage you uploaded is one of them.

Narpas_sword

Instead of making this a giant request thread (unless that's what you were looking for), what actually goes into making older stages compatible with newer versions of the game? I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong here, but some old stages seems to work just fine when I put them up on my build, but others just simply crash even if I put in the rel file.

I ask this because I there are plenty of fantastic looking stages that people have uploaded, but simply don't work. And unfortunately it looks like that Lost Woods stage you uploaded is one of them.
Also to keep in mind is that skins for some stages, if wanting to remain legal, might not be exact.

Ie Lost Woods over Yoshi Island was made in 3.0 era. and using it would have the random blargwitches and no white shyguys.
Collisions may be tweaked between versions. and cameras adjusted.

IIRC no cameras were changed from 3.5 to 3.6.

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Entry 5 now live! O_o

They change the cameras around quite a lot but, It's pretty simple to update, you just export the Scenedata from the new map and import it into the old. But it's collision and animation stuff that can be tricky.

@ DualX DualX I will try to make a guide at some point. I just don't enjoy making tutorials as much as I do making stages :) and Whooooops! I think I better take a second look at the Lost woods Yoshis Island skin! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Aaand got temple of time working. Not perfect, but hey it looks ok... I think :)
So yeah, entry 6 live

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
You're doing great work man! Been loving your Yoshi's New Island stage! Definitely going to give your new Temple of Time a go. Platforms have some stretched textures, but that's alright. Thanks for your hard work

DualX

Smash Apprentice
I like what you are going for with Entry 5, but I think it's missing some inspiration. May I suggest going for something along the lines of the beginning of Revenge of MetaKnight within Kirby Super Star? If you watch at the 2:15 mark, you can see where you have the Halberd flying away in the background. This may be easier to work with since you already have the Halberd to work with from the stage.

And for Entry 6, the only thing I can see that could be fixed is to have matching foreground and background textures (use the brighter colors from the background), and update the platform carpet pieces with the brighter one on the bottom of the stage.

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
@ jackal27 jackal27 Thanks! Yeah, I've been struggeling with thoose, I will try to fix at somepoint, somehow :)

@ DualX DualX You are entirely right! And it looks really good in brawlbox. But... FoD is extreemly picky of what models I may import for it to still work. I have no idea why :/ I think I will make a FoD with the Revenge of Metaknight theme, but maybe on a base of FD so It will actually let me. And just import all the collisions and blastzones from FoD. It wont be completely legal to use, but if anyone complains, you can always have to original on an ASL :)
As for Temple of Time, I just got some pointers on how to fix some of the lighting issues, so it might be done! Who knows!

@ Mewphelis Mewphelis Uhmmmm, what is there to redo? I mean, the platforms I wont touch cause of legality. All I could do was import more stuff on the stage like flowers and a fence. But I kind of like it clean, so it's gonna be a no from here. Textures are pretty much the same. But if you want to give it a go, go for it :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom