• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragonfang Arsenal - The Corrin AT Compilation Thread

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Corrin as a character has a lot if interesting tech at his disposal. Here you will find a compilation of all Corrin related tech. Feel free to post new discoveries here! Any orange hyperlinked text will link to a thread or video discussing said tech. Any tech with a :4corrin:next to it indicates an overly useful tech (more so than others). Please note more tech will be added soon. Enjoy!
INDEX
TL;DR Video Overview

Dragon Fang Shot Tech:
Dragon Lunge Tech:
Ledge Tech:
Other Tech:
WARNING: Some abbreviations may be used when describing tech. If you don't know what it means, please refer to THIS abbreviations thread. Thank you.

TL:DR Video Overview (by Fyazko)

Dragon Fang Shot Tech
:4corrin: C-Bounce
Explanation: This tech, which requires :GCCN: be set to Attack (tilts), will allow you to use individual functions of a neutral B reverse without performing another. For example, it would allow you to reverse momentum of a neutral special without turning around the move, or reverse direction without reversing momentum. This tech can be performed on the ground and in the air. This can be used effectively for spacing, or fading back with a DFS after already committing to a jump.
How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): To perform a momentum reversal C-bounce, you must input :GCB:+:GCCL: +:GCR:. To perform a direction reversal C-bounce, you must input :GCB:+:GCCR:+:GCL:. Because it is difficult to input :GCB: and :GCCN: at the same time, it is recommended that you change :GCLT:,:GCRT:, or :GCZ: to special.

Gifs:
Aerial Momentum Reversal (Red Corrin):

Aerial Momentum Reversal (Red Corrin):

Wave-Bounce

Explanation: Although arguably a weaker option than C-bouncing, wave bouncing has a similar aerial effect with a much less demanding input. This tech, however, cannot be used when running off platforms or on the ground. It allows you to fade back with approaching DFS, and fade forward with retreating ones.

How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): To perform a fade back wave bounce, input :GCR:-> :GCL:+:GCY:-> :GCB: -> :GCR:. To perform a fade forward wave bounce, input :GCY:+:GCL:->:GCB:+:GCL:->:GCR:.​

Dragon Lunge Tech
:4corrin: Instant Pin (IP)
Explanation: Arguably Corrin's best tech, this tech allows him to instantly pin the ground without a jump. This can be combo'd into using nair, fair, or dair.
How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): To perform tech, input either :GCR:+:GCB:->:GCA: or :GCR: +:GCB: -> :GCB:. Sliding your finger over :GCB: to :GCA: is highly recommended.

Gifs:

Dair -> IP

:4corrin: Grab Release Instant Pin (GRIP)
Explanation: One of Corrin's best options out of grab, Corrin can pin an opponent out of a grab release.

How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): To perform this tech, spam pummel after grabbing an opponent and input :GCR:+:GCB:->:GCA: or :GCR: +:GCB: -> :GCB: after you release. Sliding your finger over :GCB: to :GCA: is highly recommended.

Gifs:

Grab Release Dragon Lunge (GRDL)
Explanation: A kill set-up off of grab, Corrin can punish a jump grab release using full-hop DL. This can kill at high percents.
How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): To perform this tech, after a jump grab release, input :GCY: + :GCR::GCB:.
Ledge Cancel Dragon Lunge
Explanation: This tech allows Corrin to slide off of a platform after using the hop of DL. Corrin will fall off the platform with no lag.

How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): To perform this tech, use the hop of DL and land on the ledge of a platform.

Gifs:

:4corrin:Runoff Pin (RP)
Explanation: This tech allows Corrin to cover several ledge options at once by pinning to the ledge. You can punish most options on reaction using DLFK.

How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): To perform this tech, run off and DL towards the stage. You should pin to the ledge. You can now punish most get-up options on reaction with DLFK.
Wall Pin Jump (WPJ)
Explanation: This tech allows Corrin to do an extended jump off of a wall. Essentially you pin the wall and input jump. This can be used to help recover, and allows Corrin to survive suicide dair situations.

How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right)
: To perform this tech, DL towards a wall, and use jump after this.​

Lunge Cancel
Explanation: This tech allows Corrin to use a dragon lunge on a platform with little lag.

How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right)
: To perform this tech, drop through a platform and IMMEDIATELY input DL. If you input similar to a true Hadoken, it should be pretty easy. That input is :GCD:->:GCDR:->:GCR:+:GCB:.

Gifs:

Ledge Tech
Ledge-Stall Pin

Explanation: This tech allows you to ledge stall on most stages with walls (including final destination). Essentially you fall off ledge and pin the wall. if you're opponent is about to grab ledge you can DLFK them, if your opponent is going to recovery behind you you can DLBK them. If your opponent does not grab ledge in this time DL will immediately cancel onto ledge.
How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): To perform this tech, input :GCL:->:GCR::GCB:.

Easy Ledge Trump
Explanation: Although slightly slower than a normal ledge trump, running off and using a b-reverse up special is a slightly easier way of ledge trumping an opponent.
How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): To perform this tech, input:GCR: ->:GCB:+:GCU:->:GCUL:.

Ledge Counter
Explanation: This tech allows Corrin to immediately counter from ledge. This can be good for beating out moves currently being charged by ledge, or rapid jabs.

How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): To perform this tech, input a jump and then immediately input a counter.
:4corrin:Pin from Ledge
Explanation: This tech gives Corrin let's the ability to pin the ledge from grabbit it. This opens up new get-up options from ledge, such as DLFK, DLJ, and DLFK from a platform.

How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): To pin the ledge while grabbing it, input :GCDL:->:GCX:->:GCB:+:GCR:. To pin a platform above the ledge, simply input a jump from ledge, and then input DL.

Gifs:

Platform pin

Ledge Pin

:4corrin:Ledge Fair Cancel
Explanation: This tech allows Corrin to immediately perform a lagless ledge get-up.

How to Perform (Assumed Direction Right): Immediately before landing on stage from a drop down jump, input a FF fair and then the desired move on get up.

Gifs:

Other Tech
Jab Cancel
Explanation: This tech will allow Corrin to slide off of the ledge when using edge when using his rapid jab, cancelling it. It's worth noting that this can follow up into DL.

How to Perform: While next to a ledge(with your back turned to it), use your rapid jab. If your opponent is hit and doesn't fall it this will allow you to jab cancel.
Multi-Jab Initiate
Explanation: This tech will allow Corrin to use rapid jab instead of neutral jab whenever he wishes. This is EXTREMELY useful for covering ledge options in a captain falcon jab-esc way, as rapid jab cove jump, neutral, and attack get-up options.

How to Perform: Although this tech is technically possible by mashing the A button, the "mashing" input can be initiated with the grab or special buttons. As such, alternating between attack and grab, or attack and special can allow this to be done fairly easily, similarly to how grab release mashing works. I personally mash :GCX:with my right thumb (as it's my grab button), and reach over to mash :GCA: with my left thumb, alternating between the two. Other hand set-ups I've had varying degrees of success with are sliding my right thumb from :GCA:>:GCX:>:GCB:>:GCA: in quite succession several times and mashing :GCA: and :GCZ: (which I use for special for C-bouncing) in an alternating pattern.

Dair Cancel
Explanation: This tech allows Corrin to do a down air without the falling trajectory immediately out of hitstun. This can be used to challenge upwards pressure (such as ZSS up air) safely, as well as get you out of tumble when getting hit by a smash attack.

How to Perform: Immediately after hitstun ends, input a down air. If timed correctly a jump can be inputted before the down air.
Soft-lock Grab (glitch) (patched in 1.1.5)
Explanation: Although this tech has little application, it' absolutely hilarious. Essentially if you grab specific characters by ledge with a specific spacing, they'll be caught in your grab and will not be able to escape until you input a throw or pummel. They can't escape AT ALL, including mashing. They'll be continuously stuck in the initial grab release animation. If you're tournament doesn't have stalling rules, you can use this to time an opponent out, or you can use it in teams to set up inescapable combos. This is likely gonna be patched soon though.

How to Perform: In order to perform this glitch/tech, grab an opponent with a specific spacing close to the ledge. The space is different for each character, but it's easiest to do with ZSS. For an idea of the ZSS spacing, look at the reference video by clicking the tech name above, or look at the gifs below.

Gifs:

ZSS

Sheik

DICIT (Dash Item Toss Cancelled Item Throw)
Explanation: This tech gives Corrin a HUGE momentum boost after throwing an ite.

How to Perform: Although there are several inputs, most of them will be linked from the tech name above. The basic input for an upward DICIT throw (with A + B smash one) is to input :GCR: ->:GCA:->:GCB::GCU:. This tech is extremely hard to do, so I recommend checking out the linked thread.

That's all of Corrin's tech that I have for now! If you have more, feel free to reply with it.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Love this thread, exactly what I'm looking for. Keep it up, gif examples work so well!

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
It should be noted that neither of the grab releases are true combos. No should ever get hit by GRIP, honestly, since shield is about 7 frames faster, and the air release can be jumped out of and probably air dodged too.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
It should be noted that neither of the grab releases are true combos. No should ever get hit by GRIP, honestly, since shield is about 7 frames faster, and the air release can be jumped out of and probably air dodged too.
I was aware of this. Probobly should have noted it, but I'm waiting to see if I can make it a true 50-50. I'm wondering if you can charge a DFS bite on them if you condition them to shield. You might get some 50-50s off of it. However, I'm still waiting to test this one.

Reizilla

I was aware of this. Probobly should have noted it, but I'm waiting to see if I can make it a true 50-50. I'm wondering if you can charge a DFS bite on them if you condition them to shield. You might get some 50-50s off of it. However, I'm still waiting to test this one.
I could see maybe a mix-up with a weak shot and charged bite, but the move is pretty slow and I think people could roll behind you on reaction. Of course you could also go for GRIP and just try to punish their OoS option if the shield it.

SlaySD

Smash Rookie
definately agree on this being added, it gives Corrin a lot of stage control. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But a section for Back air can be included. Usually changing the controls to have the CStick on tilts works the most efficiently as you don't kill too much momentum that way. I guess the best ways to use this is for spacing in neutral (works similar to Mii Gunner forward in terms of spacing and abusing momentum) Better recovery??? (I don't know how to word this properly but you know what I mean, back air to push you forward a bit more making it easier to return to a ledge) and potentially approaching mix ups (I used this in the matches I played against my friends and it allowed me to come in on points they aren't prepped for. I also throw in nairs and fairs as full jumping is completely legit when trying this.)

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Ledge hop dragon lunge might be worth adding, sticks to the plats on bf, tnc, sv, dh, lylat, dl64 when they're within range. Ledge hop dl into breverses and wavebounces has really helped me speed up my game.

Another thibg about dling plats, you can run off, use your second jump, and dl the plat. You can also fall through the plat and stick it provided there's enough room.

Not sure if this is worth adding but dragons ascent has a windbox, idk if it has much gimp potential since landing it is pretty inpractical.

There's also ledge hop, double jump dair, which you can recover from offstage using an upwards dragon ascent.

This is universal but ledge hop counter for anticipated attacks.

And there's also pivot fsmash on the very ledge, the charging hitbox catches getups and hops while the lance catches rolls.

Not sure what, if anything is worth adding but I wanted to share regardless.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Good replies being posted right now. I'll add them when I get home from school.

DEX_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Crowind
3DS FC
5086-1792-9558
About the GRIP, you can buffer left or right during the first jab and then spam sliding :GCB:to :GCA: to get the instant pin immediately after the release

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
I found this vine where Corrin is able to true combo de grab release into DL pin, I still can't get the timing right but it looks that it combos, maybe buffering?

D

Deleted member

Grab Release to Instant Pin is not true, you can simply air dodge out of it, but you can catch that with a jump...it's more like a 50/50.
Izaw and myself have tested this out.
Plus ESAM made a video about it right after we tested...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd643rvzJ1M

EDIT -
You can also add Pivot FTilt, FSmash, and DL. Great for spacing.
As well as Up Smash OOS.
If you want gifs/footage just let me know, I'm recording all day for Youtube today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Athrel

Smash Cadet
Not sure if it should go here or not but I found out something interesting regarding how dair works with platforms. Because of how the startup animation of dair works, Corrin can drop through a platform, input dair, and and up landing on the platform with the hitbox still sticking out for a short amount of time. the hitbox goes far enough down to hit characters as short as Toon Link and Villager when done from BF's side platforms. It only does 1-2% and doesn't really send an opponent anywhere, but it can be used to help relieve pressure from below and could be really useful when used with shield dropping. I made a quick video showing me using it (I can't shield drop well at all so it drags on longer than it should).

D

Deleted member

Not sure if it should go here or not but I found out something interesting regarding how dair works with platforms. Because of how the startup animation of dair works, Corrin can drop through a platform, input dair, and and up landing on the platform with the hitbox still sticking out for a short amount of time. the hitbox goes far enough down to hit characters as short as Toon Link and Villager when done from BF's side platforms. It only does 1-2% and doesn't really send an opponent anywhere, but it can be used to help relieve pressure from below and could be really useful when used with shield dropping. I made a quick video showing me using it (I can't shield drop well at all so it drags on longer than it should).

Yeah this works the same as Sheiks Dair on platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Grab Release to Instant Pin is not true, you can simply air dodge out of it, but you can catch that with a jump...it's more like a 50/50.
Izaw and myself have tested this out.
Plus ESAM made a video about it right after we tested...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd643rvzJ1M

EDIT -
You can also add Pivot FTilt, FSmash, and DL. Great for spacing.
As well as Up Smash OOS.
If you want gifs/footage just let me know, I'm recording all day for Youtube today.
I'm not sure if you actually read what GRIP is, or read the replies because this was already mentioned. GRIP, although not true on 90% of the cast, is not what ESAM tested. GRIP is immediately PINNING an opponent from pummel release, not TADLing them

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure if you actually read what GRIP is, or read the replies because this was already mentioned. GRIP, although not true on 90% of the cast, is not what ESAM tested. GRIP is immediately PINNING an opponent from pummel release, not TADLing them
Gotcha, either way they both become 50/50s is were I'm getting to...
(It's almost the same thing)

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't really matter. GRIP isn't true either, both characters can act at the same time on grounded release and shield comes out faster than instant pin.

I know this because GRIP is kind of one of Yoshi's happiest things. Shield is 100% guaranteed, it only works if people don't know that shield works. Test it early in a fight and use it if your opponent is unaware of it.

Neither of these are 50/50s when both can be beaten 100% of the time by your opponent if they know how.

Last edited:

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
That doesn't really matter. GRIP isn't true either, both characters can act at the same time on grounded release and shield comes out faster than instant pin.

I know this because GRIP is kind of one of Yoshi's happiest things. Shield is 100% guaranteed, it only works if people don't know that shield works. Test it early in a fight and use it if your opponent is unaware of it.

Neither of these are 50/50s when both can be beaten 100% of the time by your opponent if they know how.
Shield coming out is where the 50-50 lies. If you read shield, you can charge a DFS bite for shield push back and massive shield damage. Still in testing though, don't know how much you can charge the bite with DFS shots shield stun

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shield coming out is where the 50-50 lies. If you read shield, you can charge a DFS bite for shield push back and massive shield damage. Still in testing though, don't know how much you can charge the bite with DFS shots shield stun
Agree with Spark31 Spark31 , it's still a 50/50.

Reizilla

That's not a 50/50. You get literally nothing except a little shield damage (which you can probably be punished for anyway) that comes out slow enough for the opponent to react and roll behind you.

D

Deleted member

That's not a 50/50. You get literally nothing except a little shield damage (which you can probably be punished for anyway) that comes out slow enough for the opponent to react and roll behind you.
It's a 50/50...
Implying you either get the DL or not. Anything else you can get punished for like you said...

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
That's actually something I think needs testing. You CAN roll in between a DFS shot and a DFS when both are fully charged. However, I'm wondering if there's a combination of charge times that locks then in shield for both hits. Rather, the maximum charge time for each that will keep them in shield for both hits. Roll usually takes 3-4 frames to come out anyways. Your stuck in shield and can't Oos for I think 3. If DFS can come out faster than 7 frames it covers all OoS options. We still need frame data though.

Last edited:

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Interesting thought process. But some characters can act with an attack instead of shielding. Characters like Falcon/ZSS are still in jab range after the release and have ridiculously fast jabs. They can beat both charged neutralB and instant pin by jabbing us.

This is matchup dependent.

Reizilla

It's a 50/50...
Implying you either get the DL or not. Anything else you can get punished for like you said...
That's not what 50/50 means. It refers to chance, percent, odds. In this case the chance of having a succesful interaction. I flip a coin, there are two sides to choose from, 50/50. Sheik Dthrows me, I can airdodge to not get up aired but risk getting by vanish or wait/jump away to avoid vanish but get hit by up air, 50/50.
Corrin grab releases me, I can hold sheild and beat every single one of her options because I'm immune to grabs for a full second and she doesn't have a shield breaker, 100/0. There is no chance for Corrin to have a succesful interaction.

GRAP is much closer to a 50/50, since you can just wait for the air dodge and punish the landing lag. But I'm pretty sure it can also be jumped out of anyway. Haven't seen it tested.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
That's not what 50/50 means. It refers to chance, percent, odds. In this case the chance of having a succesful interaction. I flip a coin, there are two sides to choose from, 50/50. Sheik Dthrows me, I can airdodge to not get up aired but risk getting by vanish or wait/jump away to avoid vanish but get hit by up air, 50/50.
Corrin grab releases me, I can hold sheild and beat every single one of her options because I'm immune to grabs for a full second and she doesn't have a shield breaker, 100/0. There is no chance for Corrin to have a succesful interaction.

GRAP is much closer to a 50/50, since you can just wait for the air dodge and punish the landing lag. But I'm pretty sure it can also be jumped out of anyway. Haven't seen it tested.
Not necessarily in topic, but it really irks me that people still think down throw to vanish is the 50-50. It's not. Also, GRDL is the correct term, not GRAP

Reizilla

Not necessarily in topic, but it really irks me that people still think down throw to vanish is the 50-50. It's not. Also, GRDL is the correct term, not GRAP
Obviously. But for simplicity's sake and the point I was making, it's close enough. Also, GRDL doesn't make any distinction about being in the air, but sure.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Obviously. But for simplicity's sake and the point I was making, it's close enough. Also, GRDL doesn't make any distinction about being in the air, but sure.
GRDL is grab release dragon lance. If you just mean aerial dragon lance that's TADL

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
We can cancel rapid jab backwards off the ledge into a dragon lunge kick. Not guaranteed but an interesting use for rapid jab, saw it more as a tech than a combo so I posted it here.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
I feel like someone needs to start a dedicated GRIP thread with all the data behind it... Which characters it's true on ecs. Oh, also I updated the tech list, so if you missed anything there's more stuff now.

Last edited:

Linq

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendOfLinq
3DS FC
4639-8962-6197
More of a glitch than advanced tech, but if there is a way to do this teleport glitch consistently, it could be neat. https://youtu.be/woV-hAL3_RM I think it has something to do with the platform you're pinned on going through another surface.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Rapid jab can cancel into a dragon lunge pin on Sheik, seems to be character dependent. Before I believe I tried it on dorf, couldn't pin him so I figured it was a set up to dl kick them, this is much better and more likely though.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Rapid jab can cancel into a dragon lunge pin on Sheik, seems to be character dependent. Before I believe I tried it on dorf, couldn't pin him so I figured it was a set up to dl kick them, this is much better and more likely though.
You consistantly rapid jab cancel?

D

Deleted member

You might also want to add the 4 different variants DFS can do...
No Charge, Small Bite
No Charge, Big Bite
Full Charge, Small Bite
Full Charge, Big Bite

Also, i'm going to be covering the most useful tech in a video next week...

Top Bottom