• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Join the Egg Empire Today and Help Build Eggmanland in Smash 4! Dr. Eggman for Smash 4 DLC!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Dr. Robotnik/Eggman!

He is the main antagonist of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.
Formerly known as Dr. Ivo Robotnik, Dr. Eggman creates robots and mechs to take done the blue blur!

despite being the biggest of rivals back in the 90s, Sega and Nintendo are best friends now. If another Sonic character gets in, it should almost certainly be Dr. Eggman.
However, Eggman has a lot to compete with when it comes to Sonic characters, including Tails, Knuckles, and even Shadow.
But Eggman is a classic. He has been in the series since the very first game. The only other character who has appeared in the first game is Sonic himself! As the main antagonist, Dr. Eggman should be the next Sonic character in the Super a Smash Bros. series, even before Sonic's best friend and sidekick, Tails!

Moveset Possibilities:
If he makes the cut, he could appear in two possible ways.
He could appear as the modern Dr. Eggman, or he could appear as the classic Dr. Robotnik, as Sakurai did with Mega Man.
While his classic design would be cool, his modern design would be more likely, as Sonic has had his modern design in both Brawl and Wii U/3DS.

As for Moveset potential, he has many gadgets at his disposal.

1. The Egg-Pod
[collapse=Egg-Pod]
The Egg-Pod is Robotnik's personal hovercraft, which he uses from place to place, and steal the Chaos Emeralds.
He also uses it in most of his boss fights in the original Sonic game.
He can fire missiles from it,
drop a wrecking ball from it and swing it back and forth,
or even just bounce around in it and attempt to crush Sonic.
And this is just the machine by itself!

It can also fit into Robotnik's other machines and robots so he can pilot them.
It can fit right on top of his Death Egg Robot so Robotnik can control it.

Another interesting feature about it is that is can have legs come out and walk instead of hovering.
[/collapse]

2. The Badniks
[collapse=Badniks]
The Badniks are Eggman's minions.
They are made when he captures a small animal, and simply puts it in a robot.
Then the animal is freed once the robot is destroyed.
Very simple.

While they sound small, there are lot of different kinds, and a lot of them!
They are much more threatening then they appear!
[/collapse]

Moveset:
[collapse=Moveset]
A moves- a variety of kicks and punches, also using non-projectile weapons as attacks.

Nuetral B- [Egg Bomb] Throws a small time bomb,
Te longer the charge, the bigger the bomb, the bigger the bomb, the bigger the blast.

Side B- [Badnik] sends a random Badnik forward, depending on what Badnik it is, the more damage will be dealt.

Down B- [Egg Reflector] a Reflector that protects all sides on him.

Up B- [Mini-EggPod] hops in a mini version of the EggPod and flies up, similar to ROBs up B.

Final Smash- [Metal Sonic] summons Metal Sonic, who makes a loud screeching noise before flying around the stage and attacking whoever he hits.[/collapse]

Eggman's Egghead Badniks
@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof (Second in Command)
@ APC99 APC99
@ Mega Dunsparce Mega Dunsparce
@ Knight Dude Knight Dude
@ Keeshu Keeshu
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa
@ SuperBrawler SuperBrawler
@Brawler610
@ Morbi Morbi
@Sobreviviente
@Erotic&Heretic
@PigmaskColonel Colonel
@Kevandre
@n8han11
@Azure Warrior
@Zero Soul
@AutismSpeaker
@Runic_SSB

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So do you want to support?

Yeah, I support. Love me some Eggman, although I doubt he'll get in. I'm also picky with my SEGA characters, as I believe if another enters Smash, we should get another Konami character too, but Robotnik's my main want for SEGA representation, with Tails, Knuckles and Amigo after him.

So, I would enjoy Eggman in Smash.

Mega Dunsparce

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3695-1145-1866
View attachment 3508

Dr, Robotnik/Eggman!

Who is he?
He is the main antagonist of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.
Formerly known as Dr. Ivo Robotnik, Dr. Eggman creates robots and mechs to take done the blue blur!

Why him?
Sega and Nintendo are best friends basically. If another Sonic character gets in, it should be Dr. Eggman.
Though even if a new Sonic character gets in, Eggman has a lot to compete with.
He has Tails, Knuckles, and even Shadow.

Moveset Potential?
If he makes the cut, he could appear in two possible ways.
He could appear as the modern Dr. Eggman,
or he could appear as the classic Dr. Robotnik, as Sakurai did with Mega Man

Dr. Eggman Moveset:
Coming soon!

Dr Robotnik Moveset:
Coming soon!

Roster Maker Icons:
Coming soon!

Signature Icons:
Coming soon!

List of Supporters:
Mega Bidoof
APC99
Hi

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I suppose you're right that if another Sonic character does get in (something I'm extremely against btw) then theoretically it should be Robotnik due to him being the only character other than Sonic to be in the original game. Also he's the main villain obviously. People often forget he has superhuman strength and is the fastest thing alive, so he has a good base to build a moveset around outside his Egg-mobile.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
wow did it really take this long for a dr robotnick thread to appear mate, wow
anyway I think its very possible for dr. eggman to appear as a boss, playable character no. (despite how cool that would be)
oh so your Dunsparce, bidoof talked a bit about you in the roster prediction thread, welcome to the boards mate.
also P.S. were not allowed to chat in the threads, were only here to discuss the topic at hand

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I suppose you're right that if another Sonic character does get in (something I'm extremely against btw) then theoretically it should be Robotnik due to him being the only character other than Sonic to be in the original game. Also he's the main villain obviously. People often forget he has superhuman strength and is the fastest thing alive, so he has a good base to build a moveset around outside his Egg-mobile.
wow did it really take this long for a dr robotnick thread to appear mate, wow
anyway I think its very possible for dr. eggman to appear as a boss, playable character no. (despite how cool that would be)

oh so your Dunsparce, bidoof talked a bit about you in the roster prediction thread, welcome to the boards mate.
also P.S. were not allowed to chat in the threads, were only here to discuss the topic at hand
So do you guys support?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
not really, I don't support any third party characters other than the ones we have now.
but I'll keep checking on this thread, something is sure to come out of it

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I was snooPING Around and I saw this thread. I'm not opposed to Doctor Ivo Robotnik getting in, but I'd rather not unless he bears copious amounts of YTP fanservice.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
tails first, then NOBODY!

but I wouldn't completely mind if eggman got in instead.

and no, his name isn't robotnik.
[collapse=stealing Golden's video]
[/collapse]

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I like Waluigi. That does not mean I support him for Smash Bros.

Same thing for Tetra's Tracker and Eggman, apparently.
First, it kinda does mean that.

Second, Did I ask you?
No.

[/collapse]
Having Sonic and Robotnik is having the two characters from the first Sonic game.

I am calling him Robotnik referring to his past self.
If you actually read the OP you can see I said it can be either modern Eggman, or classic Robotnik

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, if Sonic did get a second character, Eggman would be one of the three best choices to go with. The others being Tails and Knuckles. I wonder if he would ride in a mech similar to the one in Sonic adventure 2. Or would he run on foot but carry a bunch of gadgets with him? Well, whatever, add me to the supporter list.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
First, it kinda does mean that.

Second, Did I ask you?
No.
No, you didn't, but considering this is a public forum, I took it upon my right to give input.

And it certainly does not. Say I like Makar from the Wind Waker, or Dry Bones as a player in the Mario Party games. Does that mean I automatically support them as characters for Smash Bros.? Hell no. It means I like them but don't necessarily think they should be characters in Smash Bros. It's that simple. That's what I believe Tetra's Tracker was trying to say.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No, you didn't, but considering this is a public forum, I took it upon my right to give input.

And it certainly does not. Say I like Makar from the Wind Waker, or Dry Bones as a player in the Mario Party games. Does that mean I automatically support them as characters for Smash Bros.? Hell no. It means I like them but don't necessarily think they should be characters in Smash Bros. It's that simple. That's what I believe Tetra's Tracker was trying to say.
Tetras Tracker said he would like him and he could have a cool moveset.
But he also said that there shouldn't be 2 sonic characters in Smash,
That's why I asked
He said he would like him in smash.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Robotnik/Eggman is my favourite video game villain. Him being playable in Smash would be one of the most delightful things ever! ~

Sadly, it 'aint happening. :(

Keeshu

Smash Ace
With the hero vs antagonist thing going on in the rosters of smash, I think it'd be safe to say Eggman would be the first to be added if they added another sonic character.

Yeah, Tails has been around for a long time, being sonic's best bud, and being known for piloting sonic's plane to pick him up after the game ends. Though he wasn't in the first game like eggman was, and I hear he wasn't planned for SA2 but was put in later in development due to fans wanting him to be in the game.

Knuckles was popular mainly because of sonic 3 and knuckles and is more of a side character in later games. Yeah, he did have knuckles chaotix, but I've heard mixed opinions on that game and it seems like it wasn't all that popular like the other sonic games at the time. Call me crazy, but I think Metal Sonic has a better chance of being in smash than Knuckles because of the impact that Metal Sonic left on a lot of fans.

Shadow is a very popular character. Since he was supposed to die forever, but got revived due to popularity, his character has since then turned into being the stereotypical badass character (except his amnesia always keeps coming back and has to re-do his story but with a twist), and being sonic's rival.
If shadow ever gets in the game and is a sonic clone, I'm going to flip a table.

Now onto Eggman himself.
1. Eggman has been in the sonic franchise since the beginning. However, in later sonic games (starting from sonic adventure 1 and onwards) he gets overshadowed by other things. However, he usually has something to do with the plot at least, whereas other characters are just there for the sake of being popular characters. Generally though, Sonic only does stuff because of Eggman being around. I don't see any other evil geniuses around..... Tails?
2. Eggman certainly has a lot of popularity behind him, Not as much as Tails/Shadow, but enough to make him still recognized
3. Due to the minions, and mechs he has available, Robotnik could be made in many ways so it would be easy to make a moveset. Choosing a form for him to fight in is the hard part.
4. Including another Sega character would show that even though there was a long Nintendo/Sega war. They are now friends and plan to stick together to make the best games possible, because all that matters is coming together to have fun playing games. /sappy story

Now personally I would prefer Shadow, then tails, then Eggman added. However, Shadow doesn't really deserve a slot on the smash roster. Knuckles is waaaay past his prime and wasn't there from the start. Tails is a good choice, but Eggman deserves it the most.

Though I expect that if someone played as Eggman enough, they'd probably have the character speech bubbles say "Get of load of this!", "You know what they say, the more the merrier", and random quotes from ytp videos.

While I guess I support this character. There's many other characters from other series that I think would be more important to smash, especially since this is supposed to be a Nintendo gathering. I would not be against Eggman coming into the game at all.

Somewhat unrelated. Ironicly, I find Sonic to be one of the most boring characters of the Sonic franchise, and he can be quite a jerk to everyone at times.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Having Sonic and Robotnik is having the two characters from the first Sonic game.

I am calling him Robotnik referring to his past self.
If you actually read the OP you can see I said it can be either modern Eggman, or classic Robotnik
can't you take a joke?

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman

[/collapse]
I know you're only joking, but I'll give my view on the Eggman/Robotnik debate anyway. His name is Robotnik AND Eggman. His name is Dr. Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik, with 'Robotnik' obviously being his real surname and 'Eggman' his nickname. It just so happens the characters in the game (including himself, I theorise he adopted what was originally a mocking nickname given to by Sonic as a kind of 'supervillain' alias) him refer to him by his nickname rather than either his fore or surnames. He still is Robotnik, it's not a case of 'Robotnik' being one character and 'Eggman' the other, they're just different names for the same person. It's the same for Tails, whose birth name is 'Miles Prower' yet has 'Tails' as his nickname, he's always referred to as 'Tails' but 'Miles Prower' is still also his name. Whether you call him 'Robotnik' or 'Eggman' comes down to personal preference, both names are correct. Heck, it would even be acceptable to call him 'Ivo'.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You can add me to the supporters' list. He's the only 2nd Sonic character I can bring myself to support.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Actually, when Brawl came out, I thought he should be playable because there could be a scene where Mario is stomping Goombas. And Sonic is running over hills and spin dashing.

Then they start fighting.

That's when Bowser shows up and Dr. Robotnik shows up and Mario and Sonic decide to team up?

Something along those lines. Of course that's when I was a kid.

D

Deleted member

Ya know… Eggman would be rather awesome! While a 2nd Sonic character will most likely not happen, I wouldn't mind him being in SSB4. So, add me to the support list!

Mega Dunsparce

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3695-1145-1866
To make a thread you must post Sun Tzu said that and I think he knows a little more about posting than you do pal because he invented it and then he perfected so no living member could post him in the thread of honour and then he used his trophy points to buy two of every animal on earth then he herded them onto a thread and smashed the crap out of every single one and from that day forward any time a bunch of animals in one thread it's called a ZOO...UNLESS IT'S A FARM

Mega Dunsparce

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3695-1145-1866
He'd better say Pingas if he gets in. XD
PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS PINGAS

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

I, MEGA BIDOOF,
LEADER OF THE REVIVERS, SWORN SAVIORS OF THREADS THAT DONT GET THE ATTENTION THEY DESERVE,
HEREBY REVIVE THIS THREAD!!!!!

This is part of a movement I am doing where I am redoing some of my threads to make them look more professional.
There is a list of threads I doing this to in my sig.

Top Bottom