• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down-B (No ones responding to the stickied thread)

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
When charging the cyclone, there are a few things I have to clear up (I'm too lazy to test it myself).
  1. Does the charge get used up if the cyclone is used twice on the ground?
  2. Do you absolutely have to be on the ground to charge it up, or does aerial cyclone also charge it?
  3. If you have to be on the ground to charge it, can you start on the ground and fall off of an edge and still charge it?
Please don't redirect me to the stickied thread, no one has responded to my questions in said thread.

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
As far as i know the last executed frame of the tornado needs to be grounded, this even applies to clanking with an attack, being hit out of it and starting on higher ground or from the air.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
3. yes, it still charges (i just tested)
What Hawt Salsa said is wrong; my information on the tornado is below. To highlight the directly relevant part: Finishing the tornado in the air (but not interupting it consumes the charge.

Dapplegonger, since me and Hawt Salsa both tested this and we both think ourselves to be correct, you should just test this yourself; it doesn't take very long.
1) Go into training or versus mode on a stage with sufficiently high platforms that you can jump off and not touch the ground or die before a tornado finishes.
2) Jump high off the stage and use the tornado, fall to your death to make sure you don't have a charge. Make sure the tornado is completed before you die.
3) Stand by the edge of the stage and start to tornado, the move off the edge before the tornado is finished. Fall to your death.
4) Jump in the air and try to rise (you might want to use training mode so you can play at reduced speed).

If you can't rise, then the tornado is not charged when you finish it while in the air even if you start it on the ground.

I'm guessing that when he tested this, Hawt Salsa died before the tornado finished, causing the charge to not be lost.

Last edited:

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing that when he tested this, Hawt Salsa died before the tornado finished, causing the charge to not be lost.
I suspect the tornado was started on a side platform and finished on the main stage.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Thank you Stride and HawtSalsa. Luigi's cyclone is just so dang confusing. I'll go test it soon.

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
No problem buddy.

ALSO, When i meant for my third note was falling and landing while still in animation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom