• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Bunk Desync

Raitch

Smash Rookie
An easy and funny desync I found out is when you have Nana above you on either the lowest Platforms on YS or a certain height on FoD.

Basically when you have Nana above you, she will obey your commands but be at another place without any (working) traction towards Popo. But if you short hop, Nana's short hop will be really short because she's dragged towards Popo. This causes her aerial to be aborted faster than Popo's, thus creating a window for a desync.

Basic usage for this desync is just to confuse your opponent with desynced attacks when they try to recover and/or jump up from ledge or just start spamming descynced ice blocks.

Gfycat for example: gfycat.com/DamagedVastGodwit

Extra information regarding this desync:

* The easiest way to set up the desync is with a normal fair. Most attacks works, but since bair and upair can auto cancel if used too early they may accidently go in sync. To make it faster, you most likely have to l-cancel Nana's attack
* This is a bit more reliable to set up on FoD because you can use your belay OoS to have Nana jump up on the higher platform (making this desync a bit pointless). You can however place Nana with a desynced Ice Block from Popo and a double jump from Nana on YS
* Using this desync could in most cases be really pointless. I have however managed to use this as a suprise scenario against opponents. It looks a bit unpredictable.
* The basic use of this desync in my eyes is for those awkward cases when Nana stands above you and you want to confuse your opponent with a weird desync. A seemingly failed bair edgeguard may aswell be a thought out desync for you.

Hope you guys found this interesting :)

Last edited:

Raitch

Smash Rookie
According to Fly this is already known so I probably missed reading about it somewhere. My b :p

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Its known for ages, fun thogh though, uthrow to nana regrab can work for some ridiculusly hard cool combos-

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
For what this is worth, the following platform heights work for this:
FoD lowest platform height + mid platform height
Yoshis platform height (don't go to far near the slope though)
Buring house roof platform on the Fire Transformation of Pokemon Stadium
Lots of places on the Rock Transformation.
Onett - tons of places.
DK 64 - When the platforms are near the stage they are low enough.
Peach's Castle 'rising' platforms, but only for a split second. (Interesting enough Peach's castle is used in the Kill Nana Event match. Possibly this was known?)
Green Greens - Both platforms.
Yoshi's 64 - Lower angle of the two side platforms work.
Great Bay - Hard to set up, but under the main bit on the right works.
There's a few more but they are more or less irrelevant.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
FoD actually has something like 16 different platform heights, and it will work on basically all the ones that are within your upsmash range (it's a little less than max range usmash).

Top Bottom