• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

winner133

Smash Cadet
NNID
winner133
3DS FC
1161-0198-4190
Is it okay to run netplay with these settings?
Cpu: Intel BayTrail M Dual Core 2830. up to 2.42GHz
Memory: 4gb
Gpu: Intel Hd Graphics

Y-L

Smash Champion
Is it okay to run netplay with these settings?
Cpu: Intel BayTrail M Dual Core 2830. up to 2.42GHz
Memory: 4gb
Gpu: Intel Hd Graphics
That CPU is far too weak to run the game. You won't be able to play at a decent speed.

winner133

Smash Cadet
NNID
winner133
3DS FC
1161-0198-4190
That CPU is far too weak to run the game. You won't be able to play at a decent speed.
Ah because last time I tried I was lagging :/

Any idea to improve it?
Edit:I'm on a laptop

Last edited:

Calypso_OXN

Smash Rookie
i just got a new laptop and i doubt it can run netplay, but if it can i would definitely want to get it. That being said i also don't know how to check what processor i have or any other information about this laptop. what do?

Y-L

Smash Champion
i just got a new laptop and i doubt it can run netplay, but if it can i would definitely want to get it. That being said i also don't know how to check what processor i have or any other information about this laptop. what do?
Go to my computer, system properties it will say there.

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to play in widescreen without desyncing with those who play in 4:3? I tried the true widescreen gecko code but it seems to desync on 5886.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Is there a way to play in widescreen without desyncing with those who play in 4:3? I tried the true widescreen gecko code but it seems to desync on 5886.
I think if you only enable the wide-screen hack and set aspect ratio to force 16:9 in graphics settings without any codes on it will work, however it is pretty buggy so don't expect it to be perfect.

flatline

Smash Rookie
Anyone got a clean ISO download for 1.02? I recently got hacked, so simply googling "melee 1.02 iso" is probably not a good idea, but this is the only way I can really play melee right now.

BirdmanJR

Smash Cadet
is it possible to use the program that records button inputs while using exclusive fullscreen? I want to record my matches and I want to see what the input was

if anyone knows if I could do this with OBS or how id really appreciate it

Y-L

Smash Champion
Anyone got a clean ISO download for 1.02? I recently got hacked, so simply googling "melee 1.02 iso" is probably not a good idea, but this is the only way I can really play melee right now.
@ flatline flatline I'm sorry but requesting isos is not allowed on smashboards.
It is illegal to download an iso that isn't yours off the internet, the legal way to do it is this:

*Homebrew your wii
*Install the CleanRip app
*Put your melee disc in and a flash drive/SD card in
*Dump your iso from the disc using the app

As long as you don't distribute this iso to other people, this is perfectly legal.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
is it possible to use the program that records button inputs while using exclusive fullscreen? I want to record my matches and I want to see what the input was

if anyone knows if I could do this with OBS or how id really appreciate it
Yes you can do this, but not if you use native support. All you would do is set dolphin as a game capture.

flatline

Smash Rookie
All right its all good, I saw a guy request one a couple pages up so I thought it was OK. Guess reading is important after all.

Never homebrewed hopefully I don't brick my Wii rofl

Gojirakaiju

Smash Rookie
So I have a Kelux GCN for Wii U adapter and I am trying to get it to run in Dolphin but i believe I have tried everythign under the sun to get this to work and I cant......any help at all? Everyone tell mee it sports native support but I cant get it to work.

Y-L

Smash Champion
All right its all good, I saw a guy request one a couple pages up so I thought it was OK. Guess reading is important after all.

Never homebrewed hopefully I don't brick my Wii rofl
Pretty much impossible to mess up using letterbomb. It's like 2 steps.

So I have a Kelux GCN for Wii U adapter and I am trying to get it to run in Dolphin but i believe I have tried everythign under the sun to get this to work and I cant......any help at all? Everyone tell mee it sports native support but I cant get it to work.
Not sure if that adapter will work. AFAIK, I've only seen the mayflash 4 port and the Nintendo one work.

8_bit_D

Smash Rookie
NNID
8-bit-D
So I'm having an issue with using 5886 at all. It will go to a white screen and crash every time i load melee, even if I'm offline. This really sucks because most people want to use this version and I can barely get any ranked matches in. I play a bunch with 652 regularly, so i know it is possible.

Y-L

Smash Champion
So I'm having an issue with using 5886 at all. It will go to a white screen and crash every time i load melee, even if I'm offline. This really sucks because most people want to use this version and I can barely get any ranked matches in. I play a bunch with 652 regularly, so i know it is possible.
See if it works with cheats disabled. If not, update your graphics drivers and try again. If not, switch from opengl to d3d or vice versa in Dolphin.

Skeptixz

Smash Cadet
One quick question guys, If I change my settings on Graphics/Enhancements - internal resolution -

will it affect my netplay experience?? I just wanna play in HD :D but If it affect the gameplay then no
:foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee:

Y-L

Smash Champion
One quick question guys, If I change my settings on Graphics/Enhancements - internal resolution -

will it affect my netplay experience?? I just wanna play in HD :D but If it affect the gameplay then no
:foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee:
Graphics settings don't cause desyncs. Definitely set at least 2X IR if your graphics card is good enough. It makes a huge visual difference looks amazing.

Skeptixz

Smash Cadet
Graphics settings don't cause desyncs. Definitely set at least 2X IR if your graphics card is good enough. It makes a huge visual difference looks amazing.
thanks
yeah, it really does look amazing :crazy::crazy:

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
I have the KELUX gamecube controller adapter, and I can't figure out how to get my computer to recognize/install the driver so I can plug in my gc controller... I have the two USB sticks plugged in, but when I try to go to controller properties in dolphin it says there is no controller. Does anyone know how to get this to work? I've seen people use this adapter successfully before. Help is greatly appreciated :)

Y-L

Smash Champion
I have the KELUX gamecube controller adapter, and I can't figure out how to get my computer to recognize/install the driver so I can plug in my gc controller... I have the two USB sticks plugged in, but when I try to go to controller properties in dolphin it says there is no controller. Does anyone know how to get this to work? I've seen people use this adapter successfully before. Help is greatly appreciated :)
Not sure if this one works with native support. I believe you'll need the vjoy driver.

Finch

Smash Lord
I'm using Dolphin 5886. When I try to connect with someone dolphin just freezes as soon as I click "connect". I have the traversal set up correctly as dolphin.smashladder.com and port 6262. I can host just fine but I can't connect. Any idea what's causing this?

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Do we still need to use ver 4.0-648 for melee netplay? Is there a way to get Wii U adapter working in that ver?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Do we still need to use ver 4.0-648 for melee netplay? Is there a way to get Wii U adapter working in that ver?
Yeah 652 or 648 since PM doesn't sync properly on the master branch. There is a way, however it wont be native support. You need to get the vJoy driver (http://m4sv.com/page/wii-u-gcn-usb-driver) for the nintendo adapter or simply switch to pc mode for the mayflash.

Last edited:

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Yeah 652 or 648 since PM doesn't sync properly on the master branch. There is a way, however it wont be native support. You need to get the vJoy driver (http://m4sv.com/page/wii-u-gcn-usb-driver) for the nintendo adapter or simply switch to pc mode for the mayflash.
Thanks for the quick reply :3. Is there a significant latency drop? I have an old usb adapter that was pretty bad, this one feels good :/

edit: i'm using the official Nintendo adapter
editedit: does anyone have a preset controller setting for dolphin

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Thanks for the quick reply :3. Is there a significant latency drop? I have an old usb adapter that was pretty bad, this one feels good :/

edit: i'm using the official Nintendo adapter
editedit: does anyone have a preset controller setting for dolphin
OH this is the melee netplay post.. for melee you pay use 5886 which will reduce input lag significantly. If you're on smashladder there's a guide under melee guides.

greg02

Smash Rookie
I'm having an issue with NetPlay. Like @ Finch Finch Dolphin freezes once I click connect. Unlike him, I have not been able to host successfully, however I have only tried with one other person.

Build: 4.02-5886
Operating System: Mac OSX/Linux
Configuration Settings: Enable Dual Core, Enable Idle Skipping, Enable Cheats, Framelimit: Auto, JIT Recompiler, DSP HLE Emulation, <Nothing> in Memory Card slots, Enable CPU Clock Override unchecked.
Graphics Settings: OpenGL, Auto Aspect Ratio, Use Fullscreen unchecked, Auto Adjust Window Size checked, 1.5X Native Resolution, None Anti Aliasing, 1x Anisotropic Filtering, Post-Processing off, Scaled EFB Copy checked, Skip EFB Access from CPU unchecked, Ignore Format Changes checked, Store EFB Copies to Texture Only checked, XFB disabled, Fast Depth Calculation
Controller Settings: Direct connect on for GC Adapter, No Wiimotes
ISO MD5: 0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174
Steps to Reproduce: From one of the two computers (one is Mac, one is Linux), host a game with traversal. From the other, attempt to connect. Dolphin then crashes. dolphin.log does not record any relevant information after checking log to file and Netplay. Host never sees someone else connect.
What have I tried: Me hosting, someone who has connected successfully before client (they could not connect). Them hosting, me connecting (Dolphin crashes). Direct connect with two computers on the same network using internal IP (works correctly). Direct connect using external IP (does not work, but I would posit that that's because I didn't set up port forwarding). Each combination of two computers right next to each other connecting to either my house wifi or Optimum Wifi (all result in Dolphin crashing on the client computer). Connecting to stun.dolphin-emu.org for traversal information instead of dolphin.smashladder.com, with port 6262 for both (Dolphin still crashes).

Does anyone have any idea of where this is going wrong?

browndunce

Smash Rookie
NNID
leafcruiser3280
The Dolphin emulator forums say I can run Melee and PM (Brawl) easily, but I just want to make sure. Will my laptop run them well?
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4500U CPU @ 1.8GHz 2.4 GHz
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Intel HD 4400 Graphics
Thanks

Last edited:

Skeptixz

Smash Cadet
I'm having an issue with NetPlay. Like @ Finch Finch Dolphin freezes once I click connect. Unlike him, I have not been able to host successfully, however I have only tried with one other person.

Build: 4.02-5886
Operating System: Mac OSX/Linux
Configuration Settings: Enable Dual Core, Enable Idle Skipping, Enable Cheats, Framelimit: Auto, JIT Recompiler, DSP HLE Emulation, <Nothing> in Memory Card slots, Enable CPU Clock Override unchecked.
Graphics Settings: OpenGL, Auto Aspect Ratio, Use Fullscreen unchecked, Auto Adjust Window Size checked, 1.5X Native Resolution, None Anti Aliasing, 1x Anisotropic Filtering, Post-Processing off, Scaled EFB Copy checked, Skip EFB Access from CPU unchecked, Ignore Format Changes checked, Store EFB Copies to Texture Only checked, XFB disabled, Fast Depth Calculation
Controller Settings: Direct connect on for GC Adapter, No Wiimotes
ISO MD5: 0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174
Steps to Reproduce: From one of the two computers (one is Mac, one is Linux), host a game with traversal. From the other, attempt to connect. Dolphin then crashes. dolphin.log does not record any relevant information after checking log to file and Netplay. Host never sees someone else connect.
What have I tried: Me hosting, someone who has connected successfully before client (they could not connect). Them hosting, me connecting (Dolphin crashes). Direct connect with two computers on the same network using internal IP (works correctly). Direct connect using external IP (does not work, but I would posit that that's because I didn't set up port forwarding). Each combination of two computers right next to each other connecting to either my house wifi or Optimum Wifi (all result in Dolphin crashing on the client computer). Connecting to stun.dolphin-emu.org for traversal information instead of dolphin.smashladder.com, with port 6262 for both (Dolphin still crashes).

Does anyone have any idea of where this is going wrong?
probably ports, same as me
I can only join games , never host.
And only join games to ppl with open ports, via direct (with IP and PORT)

Sublimeqt

Smash Rookie
I have an issue with doing this, Ive set this up before and it worked completely fine every button worked etc, I reset my computer to factory default installed drivers for my gc controller adapter etc calibrated it and everything and EVERY Button works for Melee on netplay BESIDES C left ON THE GROUND In the air it works completely fine! does anyone have an idea why this does this? and NO my controller is not broken! It works completely fine on regular GC and on my WII pls anyone help...

Y-L

Smash Champion
I have an issue with doing this, Ive set this up before and it worked completely fine every button worked etc, I reset my computer to factory default installed drivers for my gc controller adapter etc calibrated it and everything and EVERY Button works for Melee on netplay BESIDES C left ON THE GROUND In the air it works completely fine! does anyone have an idea why this does this? and NO my controller is not broken! It works completely fine on regular GC and on my WII pls anyone help...
Set the radius to 100.

browndunce

Smash Rookie
NNID
leafcruiser3280
I got it to run well on my PC, even though my adapter hasn't come in yet. However, I have one problem. The AR-codes section is completely blank. What do I do? Sorry, I am a potato when it comes to technology.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I got it to run well on my PC, even though my adapter hasn't come in yet. However, I have one problem. The AR-codes section is completely blank. What do I do? Sorry, I am a potato when it comes to technology.
If you're sure you're using the right version of dolphin, probably means you have a bad dump of melee. It must be 1.02 NTSC.

Top Bottom