• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
The pentium G3258 is one of the cheapest cpus out there, but is one of the fastest in dolphin. The Z97 chipset motherboard allows you to overclock if you ever feel you need more power. GTX 750 ti is a really good budget graphics card, if you want a better one, upgrade to a GTX 960. Although the 750 ti will do 4x IR on dolphin easy. The cpu is the priority for dolphin. So definitely get the pentium, or if you have more money to spend, an i5 4690k.
Dude thank you so much! Perfect for my budget, I'm in university and don't wanna spend too much money but I still wanna play melee some times. Can't thank you enough man. So do I just buy this all and assemble it? sorry I'm just really new to this sort of thing. And another thing, I've heard people say they prefer Windows 7 over 8 and vice versa, which operating system is optimal?

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Dude thank you so much! Perfect for my budget, I'm in university and don't wanna spend too much money but I still wanna play melee some times. Can't thank you enough man. So do I just buy this all and assemble it? sorry I'm just really new to this sort of thing. And another thing, I've heard people say they prefer Windows 7 over 8 and vice versa, which operating system is optimal?
Yeah it's really easy to assemble. I figured it out my first try didn't have any issues. About Windows, it's really just personal preference. Don't worry.

winner133

Smash Cadet
NNID
winner133
3DS FC
1161-0198-4190
Got this error
"the host choose a game that was not found locally"
help?

gijn

Smash Cadet
Go to properties->info->compute and see what value you get on your melee iso in Dolphin. Also are you positive you have all other codes (AR and gecko) off?
already checked that the values matched and they are all off

IR_

Smash Rookie
dolphin only runs at half speed for me, which is strange considering the specifications of my computer
cpu: i7 4770
gpu: radeon hd 8570
8gb ram
using linux
I used the default settings, then changed them to match the optimization guide. Both couldn't run close to full speed.

I then changed the Internal Resolution to 2x and the game went down <10 fps. So I assumed the problem was my graphics card.
But latest drivers are installed, computer works fine.

anyone have insight into the issue?
can provide more info if nessecary. thank you

IR_

Smash Rookie
nevermind guise i messed up a driver. reinstalling drivers fixed it and i can now run dolphin at 2x internal resolution 100%.

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/C9Tang/saved/

Alright guys so I just built a really cool computer on this website and before I buy it I want to know if all the parts will fit together properly inside the case when I buy it AND I would like to know if these parts will run Melee Netplay. I would really appreciate it!

Last edited:

NINJAxKOALA

Smash Rookie
I installed dolphin 5886 because the other one i was using wouldn't work with the Nintendo gamecube adapter but now I can't even open dolphin. I double click it and i just get a circle mouse for 1 second and then nothing happens. What do?

AslingMusic

Smash Rookie
I bought a 3rd Party GC adapter, (Kleux) and Dolphin doesnt receive any inputs, what should I do?
Edit: If anyone has the same problem I have found that you must have it plugged in the back of your computer. That fixed it for me.

Last edited:

IR_

Smash Rookie
Dolphin lags when loading textures. When I start a game, dolphin will go very slowly for about a second or two while it decodes the textures (I think). After this second, it will mostly run full speed except for some slowdowns where a new move is used and therefore a new texture is used.

These slowdowns make sense, but doesn't dolphin store the decoded textures on disk so it can re-load them again? Like internetexplorer said at the beginning of this thread, you should play through every stage and use every character's moves so that the textures get cached. So for some reason the textures are not getting cached?

What I am experiencing is similar to issue 5596, except I am not using any custom textures and this problem is still occurring, admittedly to a lesser extent than the 7 seconds stated in the issue tracker.

Solo Popo

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble with my shield buttons. For some reason when I am configuring my Gamecube controller which I have connected with a Mayflower PC/Wii U adapter, the half presses aren't registered as anything. I've managed to get the analog L and R buttons set the right way by holding the shield buttons almost all the way down BEFORE choosing to register an input, but the half press registers nothing at all no matter what I do?

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Foar

Clorox Warrior
What control settings are identical to console? I've been having issues changing from PC to Wii/GC and would like to know if it is possible.

Heavy Gomez

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyGomer
So dolphin's deciding to do this really weird **** where if it's not in fullscreen it will SAY the game is running at 60 FPS, but it will look like it's 30-40 FPS. If I put the game in fullscreen it looks just fine. Anyone know what could be causing this?

KimiNewt

Smash Rookie
Can a newer version of Dolphin than the one in the OP be used with Netplay & Melee? Does it work properly?
I want to be able to use the native Wii U GC adapter support and that doesn't exist in that version..

Y-L

Smash Champion
Can a newer version of Dolphin than the one in the OP be used with Netplay & Melee? Does it work properly?
I want to be able to use the native Wii U GC adapter support and that doesn't exist in that version..
Yeah, go ahead and download 4.0-5886. When you hit start Netplay, change from direct to traversal, set traversal to dolphin.smashladder.com, and set port to 6262.

dyingpie1

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,
I had melee up and running perfectly on Dolphin 4.02, then I realized I couldn't use it for netplay. So then I downloaded Dolphin 4.0-652 and now whenever I try to launch melee, it stops at a black screen. My specs are:
-AMD FX 8350
-ASUS GTX 770
-16 GB ram
-etc.

I have every setting exactly as it says to use in the guide. I have tried changing backends, and I have verified that I am using melee 1.02. I'm pretty sure its not a bad dump either because it was working with dolphin 4.02. Any ideas?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey guys,
I had melee up and running perfectly on Dolphin 4.02, then I realized I couldn't use it for netplay. So then I downloaded Dolphin 4.0-652 and now whenever I try to launch melee, it stops at a black screen. My specs are:
-AMD FX 8350
-ASUS GTX 770
-16 GB ram
-etc.

I have every setting exactly as it says to use in the guide. I have tried changing backends, and I have verified that I am using melee 1.02. I'm pretty sure its not a bad dump either because it was working with dolphin 4.02. Any ideas?
Do you have any cheats on?

dyingpie1

Smash Rookie
Do you have any cheats on?
Yes I have the "Global Melee Netplay Settings" AR code on (as instructed by the tutorial) and I have cheats enabled. I've also tried disabling it, but it didn't fix it.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Yes I have the "Global Melee Netplay Settings" AR code on (as instructed by the tutorial) and I have cheats enabled. I've also tried disabling it, but it didn't fix it.
Can you test if this happens on the latest dev build?

shoops

Smash Rookie
I'm having issues getting my wii-u adapter to work. It was working on my older version of dolphin, but I updated to the most recent and now it's not reading my drive. Anyone know what could be the problem?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Version 4.0-6054 (latest dev build) works just as well as version 4.02.
TBH, just use 4.0-5886 for Netplay. When you hit start Netplay, change from direct to traversal, set traversal to dolphin.smashladder.com, and set port to 6262. Also remember to disable memory cards as they cause desyncs. 4.0-652 is going to be obsolete soon.

I'm having issues getting my wii-u adapter to work. It was working on my older version of dolphin, but I updated to the most recent and now it's not reading my drive. Anyone know what could be the problem?
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index....eCube_Controller_Adapter_for_Wii_U_in_Dolphin

Hooooots

Smash Cadet
Hey online and everything works fine , except I can't dash dance and waveland , also i can forward air but i cant forward smash on my c stick , its strange.

Anyone have a file with there controller settings?

I have the mayflash if that helps? And I am using windows 8.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey online and everything works fine , except I can't dash dance and waveland , also i can forward air but i cant forward smash on my c stick , its strange.

Anyone have a file with there controller settings?

I have the mayflash if that helps? And I am using windows 8.
It's most likely your radius.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Followed These instructions https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index....ntroller_Adapter_for_Wii_U_in_Dolphin#Windows
What does it mean by, "check "Direct Connect" under GameCube Adapter in the Controller Settings. Then simply start a game that uses GameCube controllers."
If direct connect is checked under controller settings (on the dev builds), then your controller will work will no additional setup. If it isn't checked, you probably did something wrong. Keep in mind it only works for the Nintendo and Mayflash 4 port adapter.

Rayon

Smash Rookie
Quick question. I only have the 20XX Version of melee, is this useless to me for Netplay?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Quick question. I only have the 20XX Version of melee, is this useless to me for Netplay?
Your partner would have to have 20xx as well. However, since both normal melee and 20xx share the same game id (gale01) dolphin wont be able to tell the difference between the two on netplay. This will cause you desyncs unless you change the game id. So either move 20xx to a different directory and get melee, or change the game id of 20xx to something like GALEXX.

Top Bottom