• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does pocket have invincibility frames?

Winnnn _AKA_Walt Piffney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Winnnnnnnn
I see why villager mains like the character so much. Was just playing against a Wario on FG and he of course started with the bike spam and I wanted to see if I could pocket him off the bike and hold it lol... instead he just kept going through me whenever I'd do pocket as the bike hit box was about to connect with my character.

He kept spamming bike lol: http://gfycat.com/SpiritedCarefreeCuscus

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Does Garden have invincibility frames too? As the one who just made a big post about the Custom Duck Hunt VS Custom Villager MU at the Duck Hunt boards and suggested the 2322 deck for Villager earlier today, I claimed that Garden has invincibility frames, but I just want to make sure that's true. if it's true that Garden has invincibility frames as well, then the case for Custom Villager to run 2322 might be bolstered. Otherwise I'll revise my post to reflect that.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Yes garden has i frames but not many as vanilla pocket (i think).

robbyisninja

Smash Rookie
Yep, he's got invincibility frames on it. Not sure about any custom pockets. You can b-reverse it in air to switch your momentum too. That helps me sometimes because it crosses out your opponent, and if they try to hit you during it, you've got the invincibility.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Does Garden have invincibility frames too? As the one who just made a big post about the Custom Duck Hunt VS Custom Villager MU at the Duck Hunt boards and suggested the 2322 deck for Villager earlier today, I claimed that Garden has invincibility frames, but I just want to make sure that's true. if it's true that Garden has invincibility frames as well, then the case for Custom Villager to run 2322 might be bolstered. Otherwise I'll revise my post to reflect that.
Yes, Garden is an invincible attack :)

Winnnn _AKA_Walt Piffney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Winnnnnnnn
Yep, he's got invincibility frames on it. Not sure about any custom pockets. You can b-reverse it in air to switch your momentum too. That helps me sometimes because it crosses out your opponent, and if they try to hit you during it, you've got the invincibility.
^^ Haha nice. Cool mix up / technique it never even occurred to me to use it that way.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Yep! But it's the suspended recovery non-invincibility frames on the shrug that I worry most about.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
??? Elaborate
When playing against projectile characters, there are moments where I would miss the chance to pocket something big, but I always expect to pocket something. It happens mostly when I'm on edge due to a number of other factors. The shrug leaves you vulnerable if you're on the ground while still in the animation. Unlike the water can which I think is huge for Villager, you can't walk or jump. It's a small window to punish, but it's scary nonetheless.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Now use your new knowledge agaisnt Ike players who side B to recover, I always do that and it is so hilarious, just go offstage, pocket, Ike hits nothing and just falls down to his demise :201l::201h::201l:

Last edited:
Top Bottom