• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you listen to music while playing? And what kind/songs?

Dott

Smash Ace
Well. The description says it all, do you listen to music when you're playing? And if that the case, what kind of music or what songs do you listen to?

Personally i feel like when i listen to some Jazz i play better, but i don't listen to it because i don't want to "depend of it" to play good.

Last edited:
For me, it really depends. I have a personal tourney build and a Wifi build. Both have very different music packs. I enjoy my touney build more because it has alot of metal covers of video game songs I heard growing up, along with some OST stuff from other games to add to the "seriousness" of the gameplay. My Wifi build uses alot of I guess electronic and orchestral tracks.

I enjoy both but feel at home with anything that goes hand in hand with the gameplay.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
The game is my music.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
I use music I put into the game, but if I didn't add any music, I listen to usually something fast / upbeat or with heavy beats.

D

Deleted member

Tournament matches, sometimes, I'll listen to a lot of my favorite bands and rap artists.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
My favorite playing music is the clickity-clack of joysticks and triggers.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
My favorite playing music is the clickity-clack of joysticks and triggers.
I agree, actually. Hearing the controllers always helps me focus for some reason. But in loud environments, I tend to listen to Pogues. Nothing gets me pumped like Boys from the County Hell or Wild Cats of Kilkenny, with some Scarlatti thrown in to help my fingers feel quicker.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I try to not listen to music because I enjoy hearing the game sounds.
if I'm on tilt or playing against specific people who talk a lot in patronizing ways during the match, I'll plug in. It depends on the mu and what pace I want to take the game at, but I normally just set my phone to shuffle between alternative, rap, or sometimes punk rock.
I do best when I feel like I have the momentum in game and metally, so music does help me stay consistent with the trade off of missing audio clues.

Ramass

Smash Rookie
I use my phone for music when im bored or practicing, and reccently Ive been listening to alot of G-Eazy well I play.
But before that I usually have my phone on shuffle so it was a mix of everything
Alt Rap Metal Dubstep etc

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I listen to very loud music, mostly electronic stuff and dnb with high BPM. I have some dubstep too but not a lot because I'm picky with it. I mostly use music so I don't have to hear all my inputs

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Most of the time I just stick to in-game sounds, but if I need to calm down a bit and get a flow going or filter out some noise then I'll usually put on some rock with a good atmosphere or tracks from certain OSTs. This is my go-to song if I plan to keep the music going for a bit:

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i'm a hip-hop head so i just bump instrumentals

samurai champloo type beats and stuff. GodlikeGMG got some dope beats also

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I just can't listen to music while playing any online game. It almost feels like I'm at a disadvantage if I can't hear the game sounds. I feel more... vulnerable. I think this could stem from my Tf2 days; a game where you rely heavily on game audio, for those who don't know. It's weird, but I can't stand music playing when I'm trying to concentrate on my game.

SwiftOfDaSouth

Smash Journeyman
Cornered - Cadenza remix.
Joe Esposito - You're the Best Around
Gonna Fly Now
Tank! - The Seatbelts
Dr. Wiley Stage 1-2
Guile's Theme
Mortal Kombat Theme
High Exposure - Dexterboy124
Aimin' at Your Head - Pretty Lights

Really anything from Samox's The Smash Brothers, really...

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
I joke around and scream during games and talk a lot of **** as well. All my games are usually very loud lol. But in a tournament or in a smashfest or something where im not home i listen to mainly foo fighters pandora station. or like daft punks last album.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
90's Trance and sometimes Rap.

Rock for when I play Falcon.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
During Brawl's near-end days, I would listen to the Theme song in my sig as music but I didn't have it up loud. It helped me play well most of the time.

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I usually listen to the soundtracks I put into Project M. I've been putting in a lot of Xenoblade music. That game had a fantastic soundtrack.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
I usually listen to the soundtracks I put into Project M. I've been putting in a lot of Xenoblade music. That game had a fantastic soundtrack.
I'm just about to beat that game for the first time. great game and music!

I'm curious if listening to different genres/music styles would help more depending on the type of player you fighting against? Maybe calm/chill focused music against an extremely aggressive player so you can stick to good options and not get overwhelmed. Or very energetic/fast paced/aggressive or unpredictable music against a player who is very technical to help influence a more erratic gameplay in order to throw the technical player off. Basically using music psychology to help you play in a way to shutdown your opponent.

Vandire

Smash Cadet
As far as music goes, I try not to. Just listen to the game. But when I have, it's really, really fast BPM music or just hardcore metal.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
MitiS in general (fond of Touch and Life), Horizon by Kasbo, Turn Down For What when playing Snake lmao, Under My wheels from the Need For Speed Most Wanted OST, stuff.

Top Bottom