• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC Leak Disproven

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last week, several images of the CSS (character select screen) were posted on 4chan concerning a potential character roster for Super Smash Bros. 3DS as well as several images of the character display screen and the stage select screen. In the initial article concerning the Potential Roster Leak, it was reported that there will be DLC of several characters; most except one who are veterans of Super Smash Bros. These CSS were later partially confirmed true through a video that was leaked onto Youtube yesterday. However, some light on the DLC leak was shed and his been proven fake by several notable Smashboards members.

The following characters were stated to be DLC:
  • Snake
  • Wolf
  • Lucas
  • Ice Climbers
  • Chorus Men
This information was obtained along with the Character select screen leak that was reported earlier thus was considered a part of the leak. However, through the efforts of several key members in the Smash 4 Leaks Social Group, the DLC leak has been proven false. However, this doesn't mean that the following characters are cut from the game nor that there won't be any DLC content post-release.

According to various notable individuals,stated that the leaker of the DLC content added the DLC information in order to "identify copy cats." The DLC leaker got the CSS images from a confident source, leaked that, and then added the DLC along with it. Needless to say, it was identified that the CSS pictures were actually from an original source and not originally a part of the DLC leak. To view the original post concerning this issue, please follow this link:
http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-66#post-17366450

For more information regarding the nature of this disproven "leak", please check the Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread in the Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Discussion. It is unknown what kind of impact this has in the aforementioned characters or if they are even in the game but time will tell. It should be a valuable lesson in treating leaks with skepticism and wariness.

With the latest video that was leaked on Youtube, it seems the credibility of the CSS has increased ten fold but nothing is 100% confirmed until the director of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, Masahiro Sakurai, confirms it himself. It is also unknown if there will be DLC after the game releases and there hasn't been any indication from Mr. Sakurai. As well, the fates of the supposed cut characters are currently unknown. Until then, happy speculating and do take care in choosing what leaks to believe and not believe.

Venus wants these dripping leaks fixed but I can't see to find a plumber who can. Follow Venus on Twitter at @VenustoBloom as he tries to find one who can.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I had a feeling that the DLC was fake. I couldn't see Nintendo doing that for Samsh with characters, but probably with stages. Who honestly thought Nintendo would release a game unfinished?...

...Mario Kart 8 is an exception though.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
R.I.P

:cry::crying::snake: :popo::wolf: :lucas:and by extension :ivysaur: :squirtle::crying::cry:
We are gathered here today to say our farewells to 6 veterans. Their whereabouts unknown, it is doubtful they will make a return this time.

You will all be missed. Godspeed.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
"I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. That said, once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards."

People need to dig deeper on stuff.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's gonna be a hella weird with out Phil and Lil
RIP:popo: Hopefully they could be ironed out down the line and released as DLC

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I never really believed in the DLC part of the leak, it seemed too good to be true.

Ice Climbers and Lucas though. :(

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Really sucks to hear. I liked playing as Wolf a lot in Brawl, and I'm gonna miss Snake, especially for his codecs.

At least there's always Project M...

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
well then, i had a feeling the DLC was fake. but tbh i really did like the idea of Chorus men. o well

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm so confused!

And missing an opportunity to make some good art on this whole scenario as a viewer an experiencer as a consumer and fan of this entire ride.

*Keeps eyes awake*

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Of all of these guys, I'm going to miss Snake and Wolf the most.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
Well this specific leak may be false but whose to say DLC won't be considered later? Maybe for alts, color swaps, stages and/or aforementioned character.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Snake respond? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!
I'm going to miss all the cuts, they all had good movesets.
I really really hope there is dlc, so these guys can come back.

RIP

Last edited:

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
Mii Fighter Takes up 3 different character slots of data.. We lost these characters for that?!?! And personally I feel Zero Suit Samus was ruined so that's another..

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Am I the only one bothered when I see someone use "apart" instead of "a part?" Also, I don't know what to believe anymore because leaks can contain some lies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
DLC is fake, yes, but that doesn't mean the veterans won't return. Has no one noticed how the CSS may not be the final list of characters? There's room for more.

There are the Miis, yes, but there still may be room for them plus other veterans.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
"I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. That said, once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards."

People need to dig deeper on stuff.
SOMEONE gets it. I mention this so many times and people still push it, like c'mon. DLC was not planned from the get-go. Sakurai wants a full game here, I'm pretty sure it's obvious he doesn't want to do big DLC (like characters and stages) for the games, but instead have everything in the copies right away.

RedRambo4

Smash Cadet
You know what, I don't believe any of this...I'm just gonna wait til October 3 to see who is actually in the game :)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Its just Snake I miss really, and who the hell are the Chorus Men? never heard of them.
They're from one of Nintendo's games, Rhythm Heaven.
I've never heard of them, either, until the Gematsu leak and some things people have said on these forums, which I still didn't know what the Chorus Men were until after I saw the Gematsu leak thread.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
HAVE YOU NO RESPECT FOR THE DEAD YOUNG MAN
The only real character I'm going to miss is Lucas.
Snake and Ice Climbers were always a pain to deal with for me. :p Kinda don't care that I'm loosing some side pains....sorry to say.
Chain Grabbing till death is literally dead now thanks to this cut. No more cheap easy wins. <3

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
You know what, I don't believe any of this...I'm just gonna wait til October 3 to see who is actually in the game :)
That's kind of how I feel, I actually kind of want to shut out the internet till the game releases.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I will miss Lucas and Wolf most of all. The IC are meh in my opinion, but even they will be missed. Snake will be missed as well, but I saw that coming. :p

But R.I.P. Lucas and Wolf. :sadeyes:

Ovyngm

Smash Rookie
"particularly with the 3DS facing some challenges in terms of how to accommodate characters that incorporate more than one fighter, such as the Ice Climbers."

Obviously Sakurai is trying to get ice climbers in. They just don't work on the 3ds version so they might just be wii u exclusive if he's really having such a hard time getting them to work.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
REMEMBER: No matter how real this leak may seem, it may also be fake. Time will tell.

If this is real, shove that salty river water down the leaker's throat. :grin:
(Salt makes you dehydrated.)

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
Still not believing any of it, since you should at least use a not crappy canera for something as important as smash bros. all that does is make it blurry so stuff can be hidden.

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
What about the other unlockable characters? Dixie, Impa, Mewtwo, etc. Is that information true?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Good for me, I'm not willing to pay DLC.

A shame for the Ice Climbers though.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Even with this leak fake, it doesn't change that the supposed ESRB leaker, did not unlock all the characters and therefore did not spoil the entire roster (because all star mode was not unlocked and the CSS was not organized properly by franchise, which happens when all the characters are not unlocked), we'll have to see how far this goes, because it looks like with miifighter included, there are four remaining slots, the roster may be 53 characters just like mahvel 2. Feel free to guess the remaining ones... Also based on the videos, Shulk's range is freaking broken, seriously and his aerial moves apparently auto cancel well.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Wolf...why...wolf....no wolf? Wolf Wolf Wolf wolf wolf woflwofwof,lwofowlfwoflwfowlfowlfw i think im going to die

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm still surprised that Sakurai chose Falco over Wolf. He got the chance to add Wolf in Brawl since he didn't go with his gut in Melee and now he cuts him for a character that still had more similarities to Fox? Before someone brings up "he's Fox's side-kick", let that sink in for a sec. Falco, a side-kick for anyone but himself? I get Falco has veteran status but so does Wolf. And it's not like veterans haven't been cut before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom