• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC - Crash Bandicoot - WHOOOOAAAAA!!!!!

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
and a Nitro Crate (explodes once Crash holds it, dealing damage to himself too)
I don't think it should damage himself because then nobody would want to use the attack. Attacks with recoil are costly and wouldn't be of much use if its totally randomized. If Nitro Crates were to cause recoil I'd prefer the attack to be more like Pac Man's Bonus Fruit where Crash can go through the various crates and pick out the one you want to use next and save for when you're ready to use it.

I think crates would be a nice idea for an attack btw. They are very emblematic of the series as a whole.

Yeah, I thought that would be an interesting choice, and more original too (since everyone suggests the Bazooka, it's already sounding repetitive XD).. The thing with chickens that it would turn in a Hazard/Obstacle temporarily in the stage if it doesn't hit in the first try. =P (also, I thought that would be a nice throwback of this gag present in at least 3 games).

EDIT: regarding the Fruit Bazooka, always saw it more as a Final Smash material along with Aku Aku Invincibility :chuckle:
I actually like the idea of throwing chickens. It would really suit Crash's zany cartoonified personality. Throwing Wampa fruits would also be fitting. Like he did against N. Gin in Crash 2.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Here's how I thought that the Chicken Throw would work:
The chickens would fly in a straight line (much like Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit), and if it hit the opponent, would simple explode in feathers dealing damage; ...

But if not, the chicken would fall in the ground and would act normally .. just walking casually and pecking around; if some fighter approaches the poor thing would run to the opposite side (reacting like a real chicken; .. well, like the chickens in Crash games!); .. Eventually, with the chaos of a fight someone will trip on it and receive the damage. But would be fun to watch it running around while people fight. XD

~Even better, Crash could throw at the max of 3 chickens... if they're all in the screen, he won't be able to throw no other (until some of them disappear naturally, since probably they won't stay forever in the stage, or if someone explode them).

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
That could work! But I don't want to copy other 3rd Party Characters bit. It's been shown in the series that Aku Aku's magic isn't always so professional. And Duck Hunt can damage himself with his barrel too, so its a risky move

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Guys guys guuuys!.. WHAT IS THIS?! D=.. Someone is playing with my heart or what?! (friend of mine showed me on Facebook; he said is from 4chan);

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Here's how I thought that the Chicken Throw would work:
The chickens would fly in a straight line (much like Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit), and if it hit the opponent, would simple explode in feathers dealing damage; ...

But if not, the chicken would fall in the ground and would act normally .. just walking casually and pecking around; if some fighter approaches the poor thing would run to the opposite side (reacting like a real chicken; .. well, like the chickens in Crash games!); .. Eventually, with the chaos of a fight someone will trip on it and receive the damage. But would be fun to watch it running around while people fight. XD

~Even better, Crash could throw at the max of 3 chickens... if they're all in the screen, he won't be able to throw no other (until some of them disappear naturally, since probably they won't stay forever in the stage, or if someone explode them).
Nice! But I would opt for allowing only 1 chicken running around on the stage at a time. 3 chickens running around would be the equivalent of Diddy having 3 bananas at a time which would be crazy! - especially if we were to allow crash to create other stage hazards like TNT crates. To keep things balanced I'd prefer him throwing only 1 chicken at a time (2 at the very most if Crash has no other stage hazard options) and having that attack only throw Wumpa fruits when there is a chicken running around.

That could work! But I don't want to copy other 3rd Party Characters bit. It's been shown in the series that Aku Aku's magic isn't always so professional. And Duck Hunt can damage himself with his barrel too, so its a risky move
If I'm not misunderstanding you, you're describing an attack that will randomly cause damage & some hitstun to you - hitstun that your opponent will capitalize on if the blast doesn't manage to hit him too. As I've said attacks with recoil are costly & a good player would NOT want to use it if he could not carefully plan execution of the attack. Charizard's side-b works because it always does the same thing and thus the player knows when to use it. If the attack had randomized properties, like being sometimes a weak attack with no recoil & other times a powerful attack with recoil, I don't think many people would use it in top competitive gameplay. Same applies to G & W's side-b. If one or more of the judgements randomly hit G & W, I see it's usefulness going down the tubes. The only way I see the Nitro Crate working out is if you get it infrequently (like a 1/8 chance - similar to luigi's side-b) AND you have a split second to shield or spot dodge the blast. I personally would not use it otherwise.

Also, Duck Hunt's cans are not risky at all if you know how to use them.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
If I'm not misunderstanding you, you're describing an attack that will randomly cause damage & some hitstun to you - hitstun that your opponent will capitalize on if the blast doesn't manage to hit him too. As I've said attacks with recoil are costly & a good player would NOT want to use it if he could not carefully plan execution of the attack. Charizard's side-b works because it always does the same thing and thus the player knows when to use it. If the attack had randomized properties, like being sometimes a weak attack with no recoil & other times a powerful attack with recoil, I don't think many people would use it in top competitive gameplay. Same applies to G & W's side-b. If one or more of the judgements randomly hit G & W, I see it's usefulness going down the tubes. The only way I see the Nitro Crate working out is if you get it infrequently (like a 1/8 chance - similar to luigi's side-b) AND you have a split second to shield or spot dodge the blast. I personally would not use it otherwise.

Also, Duck Hunt's cans are not risky at all if you know how to use them.
If it made it any better, Aku Aku can shield Crash twice before he disappears, and render the move useless until he returns.

But yeah I was intending for the Nitro Crate to be a rare thing, and not a cycle like Pac-Man's bonus fruit.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Recently I found my old PS2, and decided to play through most of the games I had, including Crash. Crash 2 is still a great game like I remembered (though getting all the gems is a pain at times).

Twinsanity is weird, since the game is fine, but there's just a few problems here and there that I'm not sure if it's my disc thats the problem. The humor is actually pretty funny, gameplay is pretty good, though it does feel a bit on the short side. There's also weird animation problems, and glitches that pop up from time to time.

I still have Team Racing, Wrath of Cortex (which I forgot how it actually was), and the GBA game I had (Hopefully it coming to the virtual console is true!). Its such a shame Crash hasn't had a resurgence to be honest.

The ballot is almost over, and were not sure who is going to get chosen. Crash has a very low chance, but if he somehow gets chosen, I don't know just how much hype I could contain. I also love the effort CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia is putting into the Crash stuff. All those ideas are great!

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Thanks for the compliments, guys! I'm happy to see some movement around here; --I just wish we had more help in our emergency campaign,.. some friend mine did the Crash Dance, I posted on the official Twitter; But I'm still lacking some more activity there 'cause I'm having tests on college.

Anyways.. have you guys checked the Update on the Virtual Console rumour? What's the general consensus? I'm really curious and hoping this is real! (just came out nowhere though). Actually, looks pretty convincing to me... but you know.. Rayman leak and stuff. XD

Last edited:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the compliments, guys! I'm happy to see some movement around here; --I just wish we had more help in our emergency campaign,.. some friend mine did the Crash Dance, I posted on the official Twitter; But I'm still lacking some more activity there 'cause I'm having tests on college.
I wouldn't worry about the Crash campaign. We all did what we could - especially you! We are all very busy with other things in our lives and we can't spend our days rallying behind video game mascots. Focus on your school and future. That's more important.

Anyways.. have you guys checked the Update on the Virtual Console rumour? What's the general consensus? I'm really curious and hoping this is real! (just came out nowhere though). Actually, looks pretty convincing to me... but you know.. Rayman leak and stuff. XD
The last video he posted looked very convincing, but it's his claim about Crash getting in to Smash that makes me seriously doubt the credibility of these leaks. And his account being only 4 days old doesn't help his case. He said he's gonna upload a picture soon so we'll see what happens next. But I'm not buying into any of this. I know better than to believe in leaks in this day and age.

Last edited:

Retrotator

Smash Cadet
Jerimiah did a new video on the Virtual Console rumor, but I'm not sure if you guys have already heard most of the info.

Last edited:

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
So happy to see this thread get momentum from when I first created it where only a small handful of us supported it. CRASH4SMASH

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Honestly, I'm not sure what to think of that Virtual Console leak. If fake, I applaud the effort done by the guy, really well done editing skills. On the other hand, having the GBA games on the virtual console would be pretty cool...

If he did say that Crash would come to Smash 4, then it honestly ruins the whole thing, considering how we don't know how he could get information like that (Let alone this footage). Either way, let's see how this turns out.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
I've been away from the board for months, and I had no idea there was a rumored Sept 30th announcement.

Crash these days isn't as popular as Ray Man, so I'm hoping some guy wouldn't just randomly make a fake leak for it and that the rumor has legs to it.

I was expecting some other characters like K.Rool to get a shot in Smash before Crash, but if it happens in 4 days I'm going to be stoked.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Oasis Dealer Oasis Dealer W WarioWaft My advice is to not waste time thinking about these leaks. Since if they are fake (which they most likely are), our time spent thinking & talking about them only validates his effort. They're convincing leaks, but we've seen what someone like Artsy Omni can do. These leaks are certainly no more convincing than Omni's Rayman leak, so there's no reason to believe they're real at this point. Fortunately we only have to wait 3 more days to find out they're fake.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
What if Aku Aku was Crash's Down B? It could work in that when you summon the mask, he follows Crash around and limits the damage and knockback Crash receives. Since Crash is a 1-hit point wonder in his games, that could carry over to Smash by making him easy to launch when his guardian's not present, but slightly harder to knock around when he is.

Aku Aku simply follows Crash around throughout and is impervious to direct attacks. Foes can get rid of Crash's friend by damaging the rat himself. After our orange rodent takes enough damage, Aku Aku will explode and Crash will be vulnerable. If foes land a fully charged Smash Attack or Falcon/Warlock Punch the mask will be destroyed instantly, even if he was recently summoned. It'll take a few seconds to re-summon Aku Aku, but the good news is you can press Down B again while he's already out and make him twice as durable; the mask will have a golden color now and provide another layer of protection, making Crash more resilient to damage and knockback. Fully charged smashes and the like will still break the mask, but in this case it'll downgrade Aku Aku to his regular protection and color scheme.

If Aku Aku is in his upgraded form, pressing Down B won't give Crash any invincibility. The purpose of this special is to provide durability instead. This can encourage players to be more reckless when the mask's got your back and far more cautious when they're alone, because Crash can be KO'd easily. Thoughts?

EDIT: This wasn't suggested right? I skimmed the previous pages but I might've missed it.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
What if Aku Aku was Crash's Down B? It could work in that when you summon the mask, he follows Crash around and limits the damage and knockback Crash receives. Since Crash is a 1-hit point wonder in his games, that could carry over to Smash by making him easy to launch when his guardian's not present, but slightly harder to knock around when he is.

Aku Aku simply follows Crash around throughout and is impervious to direct attacks. Foes can get rid of Crash's friend by damaging the rat himself. After our orange rodent takes enough damage, Aku Aku will explode and Crash will be vulnerable. If foes land a fully charged Smash Attack or Falcon/Warlock Punch the mask will be destroyed instantly, even if he was recently summoned. It'll take a few seconds to re-summon Aku Aku, but the good news is you can press Down B again while he's already out and make him twice as durable; the mask will have a golden color now and provide another layer of protection, making Crash more resilient to damage and knockback. Fully charged smashes and the like will still break the mask, but in this case it'll downgrade Aku Aku to his regular protection and color scheme.

If Aku Aku is in his upgraded form, pressing Down B won't give Crash any invincibility. The purpose of this special is to provide durability instead. This can encourage players to be more reckless when the mask's got your back and far more cautious when they're alone, because Crash can be KO'd easily. Thoughts?

EDIT: This wasn't suggested right? I skimmed the previous pages but I might've missed it.
Hm, I like the idea. I was wondering what his down-b would be, either TNT and nitro crates, or Aku Aku. The closest that Aku Aku has been suggested is as a reflector I believe, though I find this idea more interesting. I think there should be a delay though to when he can create the golden Aku Aku as a reward for actually surviving, similar to Pikmin getting their flowers to boom. Maybe after 30 seconds, just like the Pikmin.

I've been meaning to make more ideas for Crash's moveset, I'll probably work on it soon and post it.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hm, I like the idea. I was wondering what his down-b would be, either TNT and nitro crates, or Aku Aku. The closest that Aku Aku has been suggested is as a reflector I believe, though I find this idea more interesting. I think there should be a delay though to when he can create the golden Aku Aku as a reward for actually surviving, similar to Pikmin getting their flowers to boom. Maybe after 30 seconds, just like the Pikmin.

I've been meaning to make more ideas for Crash's moveset, I'll probably work on it soon and post it.
Yeah! I'm definitely feeling that a delay's good and 30 seconds sounds just right. Earning that extra layer will be more satisfying than just having it. TNT/Nitro has some good potential as an interesting Special with all the trap ideas and whatnot. If you work that into your moveset I'd look forward to seeing it actually.

It's subject to change, but my ideas for Specials were:
Up: Rock-It
Neutral; Forward: (Death) Tornado; Fruit Bazooka
Down: Aku Aku
FINAL SMASH: "Phase 3"

The Final Smash was something I don't plan on changing and went something like this:

"Crash's Final Smash...goes horribly wrong. You see that mask following the mutant marsupial? Well, it has a brother--a being of hatred and ill intent. Crash and Aku Aku have worked to thwart this diabolical being and his demonic plans, but he has found a way into the Smash Bros universe...and wants our hero dead.

Uka Uka, the evil twin brother of Aku Aku has invaded the arena to murder Crash once and for all. The bandicoot is already fighting other warriors--this is the monster's time to strike! But Aku Aku won't let his brother succeed; each time Uka rushes in for the kill, Aku blocks him--the resulting chaos grows as the two masks swirl around each other and generate a high-powered explosion, dealing massive damage to all who are caught in the blast. The situation doesn't look good for Crash...but maybe he can turn this to his advantage? The other fighters surely don't wanna get involved in this battle, but you can drag them into the madness by running toward them!"

This Final Smash appears hectic, but it's more controlled than it seems. Uka and Aku will hover around the stage in dramatic tension ready to pounce, but they don't do anything until you press Down B; at this point Crash immediately warps outta the stage while Uka charges at Crash's last known spot and Aku swoops in to intercept. After colliding they swirl around each other, racking up damage on whoever's caught between them and creating a black sphere that grows into a mighty blast. It's literally the third phase of Crash 3's final fight against Dr. Cortex, hence the name. You can do this multiple times; each time you press it, Crash warps out, those two fight and whoever gets caught in their battle get annihilated, then Crash warps back in. Your goal with this move is to make sure you involve as many as you can in the madness. The Final Smash is activated by pressing B, but the move itself is activated by pressing Down B. Why? Because you can't use Aku Aku during this, leaving that input as a blank slot, so I filled it with this. You're free to use other attacks too, but you can still be KO'd regularly, so keep that in mind. Here's a vid reference for those unfamiliar:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Ok, after a couple hours of doing this out of boredom, I think I've created a rough idea on what Crash's moveset could end up looking like in Smash 4. I'm putting it in spoilers due to how long it is.

Crash in Smash 4!

Character Design

First, let's talk about how he'll end up looking like in game. Personally, I think a modern update of his PS1 design is the best choice and the most likely, due to Sakurai usually basing 3rd parties after their most recognizable appearance. This artwork from the GBA title "Crash's Huge Adventure" is the best way to show off an example of what he could end up looking like.

Animations

It's important to figure out a move-set for a character, but it's also important to know how that character will move around and interact to each individual character. Listed Below are the many different ways Crash will act.

Entrance animation: Crash teleports into battle, Ala Crash 2. Another idea is for him to ride in on the polar bear, fall off, scratch his head, then get right back up.

Idle animation: His idle animations from the series. Crash will occasionally look around him nervously, just like how he does in Crash 2. He may also take a giant breath and exhale as if he's exhausted.

Walking and running cycle: Walks and runs just like how he would in his own games.

Jumping animation: Crash will jump with both hands in the air for the first jump, just like how he does normally. For the second jump, he can either do his second jump from Twinsanity (Raises one hand in the air, legs are side to side) or he can do a front flip like in the PS1 games. When he's done jumping, his fall animation would have him just keeping his hands in the air until he lands.

Crouching animation: Will get on his hands and knees and can crawl like other characters. Think Zero Suit Samus's crawling animation.

Falling animation: Crash will just fall in a circle like any other character, hands and legs curled towards his body.

"Attacked" animation: When Crash is hit by an enemy, he'll grit his teeth and eyes will be closed. When hit by a smash attack, his eyes will widen and mouth would make an "o" shape.

Dizzy animation: Crash will slowly move in circles, like how he did in Crash: Mind over Mutants when he span too much.

Sleeping animation: Crash will lay on the floor and sleep with arms, and legs stretched out. His tongue will also be out.

Clapping animation: When ever Crash loses, he'll clap normally with his tongue sticking out, grinning.

Wall Jump Animation: Crash will spring himself forward, like in Mind over Mutant

Swimming Animation: Crash will do swim strokes through the water

It seems like a lot, but I tried to make sure Crash acted like how he would in his own games, just like the other 3rd party characters.

Taunts

I tried to choose ones I thought could fit Crash quite well.

Up-taunt: Crash will scratch his head and look side to side curiously.

Side-taunt: Crash will dig into his pocket and bring out a yo-yo, like in Crash 3.

Down-taunt: Crash will bring out a Wumpa fruit and eat it.

And now, we get to the good stuff, his moveset!

Specials

Probably the most interesting aspect for Crash. It's been debated as to what he should use for each special, so here's what I would like to see done.

Neutral B: Fruit Bazooka

Crash will bring out the Fruit Bazooka to pelt his enemies! When Crash brings it out, a cross hair will appear in front of Crash, and it will move up and down in the direction he is facing (Think of the cross hair from Yoshi's Island). When you press the B button again, Crash will shoot in the direction the cross hair is at, dealing around 8-10% and decent knockback. He will then put the Fruit Bazooka away.

Side-B: Spin

Ah yes, Crash's signature move, his spin! This move may seem like nothing special at first, considering we have Meta Knight and Ryu with both spinning moves. However, I feel like this move can work a bit differently than those moves. When pressing side-b, Crash will immediately do his spin for around 2 seconds. When doing this move, Crash can quickly move across the floor, knocking opponents out of the way. Unlike Ryu, he can change the direction he goes in. However, when doing this move in the air, Crash can't spin staying in the air, and will fall normally unlike Ryu and Meta Knight. Think of how Mario's side-b stalls, but Dr. Mario's doesn't and he keeps falling when using it.

Up-B: Jet-Pack.

I thought of letting Crash use an arrow crate for jumping high, but I thought it would be a bit to similar to Sonic and Megaman (Only difference I could find was that it would stay in the air, but Pac-Man does the same). Instead, using the Jet-Pack makes him a bit more different compared to the others. When using it, Crash will be able to go in any direction he wants for a short amount of time. Think R.O.B's recovery, except he can't stop and charge it up. After the time is up, Crash will then plummet down until he reaches ground.

Down-B: Crates

This was the hardest for me to figure out. It's been debated as to what his down-b could be, more specifically Aku Aku and crates. Personally, I think the crates can add something special so I went with those instead. Basically, Crash will kick a crate into the battle field, and it will cycle through different crates in a set order. You can only have one crate on the battle field, and they will be able to destroyed by you and the other fighter.

Regular Crates: Regular crates do nothing but just be there for you to destroy as they can block you from attacking Crash.

Question Mark Crates: Crates with a question mark on them lead to three different options. The first is that it's just an old regular crate. The second option is that it leaves a wumpa fruit inside, restoring 5% health to who ever gets it. The final choice is that the box will explode on contact, dealing about the same damage and knock back as being hit by the Fruit Bazooka. You have a 1/3 chance basically to get one of these options.

Arrow Crates: Crates with an arrow on them allow you to bounce on them like a spring, though they can be broken.

Iron Crates: Iron Crates are indestructible. They will break in about 5 seconds, however, if ti hits any other fighter, it will send them flying!

TNT Crates: TNT Crates work like you would expect them too. Set one on the battle field, and whoever hits one will set it off! If no one touches it, it will simply count down from 3, then explode.

I feel like this can add something special to Crash, as it allows him to space opponents with different crates and keep them guessing.

Well, there you have it. All of Crash's specials done by me. But we're just getting started, now onto tilts, smash attacks, and aerials.

Smash Attacks and Tilts

Jab: Crash will punch once, then twice, then lead into an upwards kick.

Side-Smash: Crash will lean back, extend his arms, and punch forward, like in Mind over Mutants.

Down-Smash: Crash will spin in place, moving in a slow circle.

Up-Smash: Crash will kick upwards (Think Ryu's forward smash, but aimed more higher).

Forward-Tilt: Crash will kick forward then stomp the ground, like in Mind Over Mutant.

Down-Tilt: Crash will extend both fists, trying to punch the opponent.
Up-Tilt: Crash will try hitting with his head upwards.

n-air: Crash will extend his arms out, and spin in a circle, like in Mind over Mutant

d-air: The classic body slam! Crash will fall right down on his stomach, also acting as a metor.

f-air: Crash will do a side kick similar to Pac Man's f-air.

up-air: Crash does a kick similar to Mario.

And now finally, we get to the final move...his final smash!

Final Smash

For Crash's final smash, he summons the mech from Wrath of Cortex. Then, he can walk around and shoot, hit people with his claw, and also be impervious to damage. The final smash lasts around 10 seconds.

Victory Animation

Victory Animation 1: Crash will do his classic dance from the PS1 trilogy.

Victory Animation 2: Crash rides in on the polar bear, stops it, and gives a thumbs up while smiling.

Victory Animation 3: Crash flies in on the jet-pack, and does a fist pump.

And there you have it! A moveset for Crash. This would be an idle one for me in my eyes, and if Crash ever does get the opportunity to be playable, it will be a dream come true.

So, thoughts on this? I would like to see what others think of this and what could be changed.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice

You must've missed the first post lol.

I suggested the Aku Aku as a Down B as sort of like a Falco/Fox reflector shield. I also suggested Crash's Final Smash easily be the Aku Aku Invincibility form which is essentially the same thing as Super Sonic without flight.

D

Deleted member 189823

Crash needed to be in Smash AGES ago, and so did Rayman. Just take a look at Smash Crusade...

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Ok, after a couple hours of doing this out of boredom, I think I've created a rough idea on what Crash's moveset could end up looking like in Smash 4. I'm putting it in spoilers due to how long it is.

Crash in Smash 4!

Character Design

First, let's talk about how he'll end up looking like in game. Personally, I think a modern update of his PS1 design is the best choice and the most likely, due to Sakurai usually basing 3rd parties after their most recognizable appearance. This artwork from the GBA title "Crash's Huge Adventure" is the best way to show off an example of what he could end up looking like.

Animations

It's important to figure out a move-set for a character, but it's also important to know how that character will move around and interact to each individual character. Listed Below are the many different ways Crash will act.

Entrance animation: Crash teleports into battle, Ala Crash 2. Another idea is for him to ride in on the polar bear, fall off, scratch his head, then get right back up.

Idle animation: His idle animations from the series. Crash will occasionally look around him nervously, just like how he does in Crash 2. He may also take a giant breath and exhale as if he's exhausted.

Walking and running cycle: Walks and runs just like how he would in his own games.

Jumping animation: Crash will jump with both hands in the air for the first jump, just like how he does normally. For the second jump, he can either do his second jump from Twinsanity (Raises one hand in the air, legs are side to side) or he can do a front flip like in the PS1 games. When he's done jumping, his fall animation would have him just keeping his hands in the air until he lands.

Crouching animation: Will get on his hands and knees and can crawl like other characters. Think Zero Suit Samus's crawling animation.

Falling animation: Crash will just fall in a circle like any other character, hands and legs curled towards his body.

"Attacked" animation: When Crash is hit by an enemy, he'll grit his teeth and eyes will be closed. When hit by a smash attack, his eyes will widen and mouth would make an "o" shape.

Dizzy animation: Crash will slowly move in circles, like how he did in Crash: Mind over Mutants when he span too much.

Sleeping animation: Crash will lay on the floor and sleep with arms, and legs stretched out. His tongue will also be out.

Clapping animation: When ever Crash loses, he'll clap normally with his tongue sticking out, grinning.

Wall Jump Animation: Crash will spring himself forward, like in Mind over Mutant

Swimming Animation: Crash will do swim strokes through the water

It seems like a lot, but I tried to make sure Crash acted like how he would in his own games, just like the other 3rd party characters.

Taunts

I tried to choose ones I thought could fit Crash quite well.

Up-taunt: Crash will scratch his head and look side to side curiously.

Side-taunt: Crash will dig into his pocket and bring out a yo-yo, like in Crash 3.

Down-taunt: Crash will bring out a Wumpa fruit and eat it.

And now, we get to the good stuff, his moveset!

Specials

Probably the most interesting aspect for Crash. It's been debated as to what he should use for each special, so here's what I would like to see done.

Neutral B: Fruit Bazooka

Crash will bring out the Fruit Bazooka to pelt his enemies! When Crash brings it out, a cross hair will appear in front of Crash, and it will move up and down in the direction he is facing (Think of the cross hair from Yoshi's Island). When you press the B button again, Crash will shoot in the direction the cross hair is at, dealing around 8-10% and decent knockback. He will then put the Fruit Bazooka away.

Side-B: Spin

Ah yes, Crash's signature move, his spin! This move may seem like nothing special at first, considering we have Meta Knight and Ryu with both spinning moves. However, I feel like this move can work a bit differently than those moves. When pressing side-b, Crash will immediately do his spin for around 2 seconds. When doing this move, Crash can quickly move across the floor, knocking opponents out of the way. Unlike Ryu, he can change the direction he goes in. However, when doing this move in the air, Crash can't spin staying in the air, and will fall normally unlike Ryu and Meta Knight. Think of how Mario's side-b stalls, but Dr. Mario's doesn't and he keeps falling when using it.

Up-B: Jet-Pack.

I thought of letting Crash use an arrow crate for jumping high, but I thought it would be a bit to similar to Sonic and Megaman (Only difference I could find was that it would stay in the air, but Pac-Man does the same). Instead, using the Jet-Pack makes him a bit more different compared to the others. When using it, Crash will be able to go in any direction he wants for a short amount of time. Think R.O.B's recovery, except he can't stop and charge it up. After the time is up, Crash will then plummet down until he reaches ground.

Down-B: Crates

This was the hardest for me to figure out. It's been debated as to what his down-b could be, more specifically Aku Aku and crates. Personally, I think the crates can add something special so I went with those instead. Basically, Crash will kick a crate into the battle field, and it will cycle through different crates in a set order. You can only have one crate on the battle field, and they will be able to destroyed by you and the other fighter.

Regular Crates: Regular crates do nothing but just be there for you to destroy as they can block you from attacking Crash.

Question Mark Crates: Crates with a question mark on them lead to three different options. The first is that it's just an old regular crate. The second option is that it leaves a wumpa fruit inside, restoring 5% health to who ever gets it. The final choice is that the box will explode on contact, dealing about the same damage and knock back as being hit by the Fruit Bazooka. You have a 1/3 chance basically to get one of these options.

Arrow Crates: Crates with an arrow on them allow you to bounce on them like a spring, though they can be broken.

Iron Crates: Iron Crates are indestructible. They will break in about 5 seconds, however, if ti hits any other fighter, it will send them flying!

TNT Crates: TNT Crates work like you would expect them too. Set one on the battle field, and whoever hits one will set it off! If no one touches it, it will simply count down from 3, then explode.

I feel like this can add something special to Crash, as it allows him to space opponents with different crates and keep them guessing.

Well, there you have it. All of Crash's specials done by me. But we're just getting started, now onto tilts, smash attacks, and aerials.

Smash Attacks and Tilts

Jab: Crash will punch once, then twice, then lead into an upwards kick.

Side-Smash: Crash will lean back, extend his arms, and punch forward, like in Mind over Mutants.

Down-Smash: Crash will spin in place, moving in a slow circle.

Up-Smash: Crash will kick upwards (Think Ryu's forward smash, but aimed more higher).

Forward-Tilt: Crash will kick forward then stomp the ground, like in Mind Over Mutant.

Down-Tilt: Crash will extend both fists, trying to punch the opponent.
Up-Tilt: Crash will try hitting with his head upwards.

n-air: Crash will extend his arms out, and spin in a circle, like in Mind over Mutant

d-air: The classic body slam! Crash will fall right down on his stomach, also acting as a metor.

f-air: Crash will do a side kick similar to Pac Man's f-air.

up-air: Crash does a kick similar to Mario.

And now finally, we get to the final move...his final smash!

Final Smash

For Crash's final smash, he summons the mech from Wrath of Cortex. Then, he can walk around and shoot, hit people with his claw, and also be impervious to damage. The final smash lasts around 10 seconds.

Victory Animation

Victory Animation 1: Crash will do his classic dance from the PS1 trilogy.

Victory Animation 2: Crash rides in on the polar bear, stops it, and gives a thumbs up while smiling.

Victory Animation 3: Crash flies in on the jet-pack, and does a fist pump.

And there you have it! A moveset for Crash. This would be an idle one for me in my eyes, and if Crash ever does get the opportunity to be playable, it will be a dream come true.

So, thoughts on this? I would like to see what others think of this and what could be changed.
Not bad actually. I'm feeling the crate idea and I feel that will really help him stand out among other fighters as it's pretty versatile and iconic of Crash, and I'm actually surprised that his spin isn't his Neutral B. It's an interesting twist honestly and it works out well--I know Kirby players are gonna like copying this incarnation of Crash. :awesome:

You must've missed the first post lol.

I suggested the Aku Aku as a Down B as sort of like a Falco/Fox reflector shield. I also suggested Crash's Final Smash easily be the Aku Aku Invincibility form which is essentially the same thing as Super Sonic without flight.
Actually I wasn't talking about Invincibility or Reflecting, I was asking if anyone suggested a durability boost, in which he still takes damage when hit but suffers less flinching and is harder to knock away. Not Invincibility Frames or Armor Frames either.:ohwell:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Not bad actually. I'm feeling the crate idea and I feel that will really help him stand out among other fighters as it's pretty versatile and iconic of Crash, and I'm actually surprised that his spin isn't his Neutral B. It's an interesting twist honestly and it works out well--I know Kirby players are gonna like copying this incarnation of Crash. :awesome:

Actually I wasn't talking about Invincibility or Reflecting, I was asking if anyone suggested a durability boost, in which he still takes damage when hit but suffers less flinching and is harder to knock away. Not Invincibility Frames or Armor Frames either.:ohwell:
My main reasoning for making the spin the side-b was because of how it works normally in the Crash games. You're moving around when you do the spin, so by making it the neutral b, it would be akward to stop, press B, then start moving around. Along with that, there's also how I made the Bazooka function, with you having to press the b button again to launch a wumpa fruit. It makes it much better for actually using the move correctly and much more smoother as well to transition into using it.

I'm surprised I forgot this as well, (did add a lot so its easy to forget some things) but his dash attack is the slide he uses in each of the games. :p

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Ah I can't believe I didn't think that for the spin. It makes sense too and feels better overall. Well done.

Last edited:

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
What you could do, is treat his spin like like Megaman's jogging jab and make his dash attack the running slide.

I only say that because I really wanted his side-b to be the "surfboard and treat the properties like Wario bike/Bowser Jr. rush.

I still would prefer his Up Special to be treated like Sonic or Pac Man Up-Special. A different crate would be awesome. If you use a TNT 3 second crate for edgeguards it'd be sick. It would be random of course, between the Nitro-Bouncy Crate-TNT crate. Having the use of the jetpack makes it seem like a Diddy rip off.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I liked the idea of using the arrow crates and iron crates too! I can't believe I just kept mine with regular crates, tnt crates, and nitro crates :p thanks for expanding on the idea!

Also, having Crash's Up B be the arrow crate would be awful. Mega Man's and Sonic is already the same and Pac-Man's is somewhat similar, so lets not have Crash with the same one. His jetpack could probably be less like Diddy's by him controlling it like Villager's, but if Crash crashes into someone the jetpack explodes like in the games

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Having the use of the jetpack makes it seem like a Diddy rip off.
Not necessarily; if people are basing it on how he uses the jetpack in Crash 2, then it would probably function like ROB's. Either way, having it similar to Diddy or ROB will be "ripping off" one character, which is better than copying 3.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I can see concerns about his jetpack being similar to Diddy. However, with how it functions, you would be able to freely control him, unlike launching off like Diddy. You wouldn't exactly be able to hurt with it either as well. It's main point is that it allows you to have a good recovery.

Either way, I like the response's I've been getting! At a later point, I would like to possibly expand on it a bit further, in terms of adding percentage damage and stuff. But I think it's also worth mentioning that there's still the moveset shown in the OP. I think it would be nice to include a list of different movesets for Crash, if one were to make one. Similar to what other threads do basically.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys, I think I forgot to mention between the crazy stuff has been happening lately; but Zambillas did something for us; it's small, but it's nice to see him cool with the idea. =)
Zambillas.png

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
What should crash's moveset be in your guys' opinion? or his design? im hoping if he gets in, they use his Crash 3 design and animations (his dash should be the run/sprint from crash 3) and his final smash similar to the opening of crash 3, a large crate exploding and the different Crash characters do damage to the opponent, but thats just my stupid idea

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
What should crash's moveset be in your guys' opinion? or his design? im hoping if he gets in, they use his Crash 3 design and animations (his dash should be the run/sprint from crash 3) and his final smash similar to the opening of crash 3, a large crate exploding and the different Crash characters do damage to the opponent, but thats just my stupid idea
I actually don't think it's stupid; it's an interesting take and like everyone else's movesets, it provides some fresh ideas on how he might play.

People have been cooking up some creative ideas, and the one you suggested is right at home with them.

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
I was also brainstorming about his b specials, I was thinking one should have something to do with the the explosive crates in the game, or his final smash is like the third mask phase in the crash games, or maybe the Aku Aku v Uka Uka sort of final smash, having it be those two doing the phases of the final battle whilst bouncing around the stage during the fight... Can you tell I like WARPED?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
well, sadly, was no surprise for me that we didn't get any news on Crash today (being something related to Smash rumor, Activision bringing back the character or even the Virtual Console thing); but all these things at least was a benefit to bring back him to the topic.. people talking about him and speculating; the flame was rekindled and we can not fail to seize the moment! ^^

btw, I did this to celebrate the end of the ballot and wish good luck for all the characters I want (and, of course, the message is valid for any character competing, even not in the image); --of course, Crash is there; ~Wish I had more time to dedicate myself in this campaign, but there's always hope for the future. =)

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
The only thing im confused on is what his recovery would be... i was thinking the Jetpack from Crash 2, or something different... i was also thinking of how Aku Aku could be used, i was thinking as a down special, he could gain a mask, all the way up to a phase 3 mask, allowing him to have boosted power to his moves, and the dashing damage effect from one of the pieces of equipment, but he wouldn't be invincible, like in his games. or phase 3 could be his final smash, again, my ideas are complete and utter **** so take them with a grain of salt.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Etika is running a poll right now and so far Crash is in the top 15! I guess there is a lot more support for the orange marsupial than I thought. Here are the current results:

1. Snake (4558 votes)
2. Shovel Knight (4047 votes)
3. Banjo-Kazooie (3849 votes)
4. Shantae (3685 votes)
5. Inkling (3329 votes)
6. Wolf (2877 votes)
7. Sora (2469 votes)
8. Isaac (2386 votes)
9. King K. Rool (2365 votes)
10. Rayman (2146 votes)
11. Ice Climbers (2070 votes)
12. Bayonetta (1577 votes)
13. Zero (Megaman) (1386 votes)
14. Waluigi (1248 votes)
15. Crash Bandicoot (1218 votes)

I think these poll results will more closely resemble the official ballot results than other polls I've seen, since Etika has a huge audience, with 69,632 votes so far. Go Crash!

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Etika is running a poll right now and so far Crash is in the top 15! I guess there is a lot more support for the orange marsupial than I thought. Here are the current results:

1. Snake (4558 votes)
2. Shovel Knight (4047 votes)
3. Banjo-Kazooie (3849 votes)
4. Shantae (3685 votes)
5. Inkling (3329 votes)
6. Wolf (2877 votes)
7. Sora (2469 votes)
8. Isaac (2386 votes)
9. King K. Rool (2365 votes)
10. Rayman (2146 votes)
11. Ice Climbers (2070 votes)
12. Bayonetta (1577 votes)
13. Zero (Megaman) (1386 votes)
14. Waluigi (1248 votes)
15. Crash Bandicoot (1218 votes)

I think these poll results will more closely resemble the official ballot results than other polls I've seen, since Etika has a huge audience, with 69,632 voters so far. Go Crash!
I saw! I was so surprised and so happy. Crash was supposed to be Smashified because the comment I gave had over 120+ votes and still counting to this day.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
I saw! I was so surprised and so happy. Crash was supposed to be Smashified because the comment I gave had over 120+ votes and still counting to this day.
Yes it's nice to see Crash finally get a good ranking on a poll - especially a major one like Etika's. This is the best I've felt about the ballot in a while. I still don't think he'll make it in to smash 4, but if he makes it in to the top 20 or 25 of the official ballot maybe we'll get a Mii costume or trophy for Crash. Who knows.

Last edited:
Top Bottom