• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Here's what I'd change about the clones while also keeping it simple

:4drmario::
-Megavitamin has less end lag on the ground so it's a bit more spamable
-Megavitamin stalls in the air
-All Attacks using his head do a bit more damage than Mario because I'm pretty sure that thing on his head would hurt a lot more that a headbutt with a soft hat
-Floatier, Maybe I'm thinking of this wrong but I reckon if Dr Mario was a lot more floatier than Mario it would help out his horizontal recovery quite a bit

:4darkpit:;
-Striking Flight is stronger, covers a bit less distance and is now the default ^B
-Ground Moves do less damage than Pit
-Air Moves do more damage than Pit
-Change Final Smash From the Dark Pit Staff to the Lightning Chariot, it's basically a bigger Dragoon

:4lucina:;
-Bit more lighter and floatier than Marth because Marth is wearing big chest piece and you're telling me Lucina weighs as much as someone wearing one of those
-:4miisword:'s Dash Attack and UpAir
- LONGER Range than Marth, I don't know if anyone noticed but Lucina's Flachion is a whole load shorter than it is in Awakening
-Iai Counter/Rush Counter is the default
-Change Final Smash from Critical Hit to Exalted Falchion; Awakening, Basically Wario's Final Smash but instead of the intense Speed everyone else gets slowed down, Lucina's Sword Glows and shiney blue Butterflies follow her around
-If THAT is too much work for a different Final Smash then apply "Lethality" to her current one, the background turns red and the characters and objects turn black and it does the same but it looks cooler
-YOU CAN WEAR THE MASK WHENEVER
-Yukata Alt

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I've always thought that the reason why Toon Link was chosen was because ever since Wind Waker, child Link has always used the cel-shaded design and it would be better to update him to the most recent design of child Link. That's what I thought anyway.

Personally, I would want Young Link back ONLY for how he played...which wasn't much to be honest (Fire arrows man, so great). It's why I don't find it a wise choice. I know of the Majora's Mask moveset, and while I would love that, I'm not sure if it would happen. As of now, I'm in the field that thinks Toon Link fills the role that Young Link filled in Melee.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
If I could change the clones, I'd just cut :4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario::4feroy::4tlink:, and then replace Toon Link with a different Zelda character. I'd keep :4lucas::4falco::4ganondorf:, but just declone them completely, as well as making Falco nearly as fast as Fox is.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Young Link is different from Doc because Doc was a part of the whole package. Young Link is a character you would have to pay for.

In that vein, the only veteran to get a changed moveset has been Roy, who most likely had changes made when he was planned for Brawl. Doc is for the most part the same, and other characters haven't been changed because Sakurai holds their original movesets in high regard as to not alienate the people who play as them.

The question then turns into, why is Young Link special that he would receive an overhaul?

Maybe he has fans. Wolf has fans. K.Rool has fans. Isaac has fans. Snake has fans. Thousands of characters have fans. Why should a 3rd Link receive special priority over other characters who bring something special and new to the franchise? The answer is an obvious, "He shouldn't".

Support who you want, but some characters simply don't need to be in the game. I understand the mindset of bringing vets back, considering Snake and Wolf are some of my top wants. But not every vet is really worth bringing back in my opinion. Snake and Wolf are both popular and bring a new playstyle to Smash. You could argue Young Link brings a new playstyle, but there are plenty of other characters that are more enticing to the consumer than a 3rd Link.

D

Deleted member

Man the topic of Young Link is going a litlle longer than i expected.

So let's talk about Shovel Knight shall we? No? then how about Bandanna Dee or Dixie Kong?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Man the topic of Young Link is going a litlle longer than i expected.

So let's talk about Shovel Knight shall we? No? then how about Bandanna Dee or Dixie Kong?
I'll throw in something about Shovel Knight.

I haven't played his game, but I'd like to remind people who have mentioned that he, "Can't do anything unique".

Little Mac was regarded by some as a guy who just punches. Look what they did with him.

Ryu was regarded as a character who would effectively be a Mario clone by some. Look what they did with him.

If Shovel Knight is in, he's gonna have a moveset that sets him apart. That's not even a question.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Young Link is different from Doc because Doc was a part of the whole package. Young Link is a character you would have to pay for.

In that vein, the only veteran to get a changed moveset has been Roy, who most likely had changes made when he was planned for Brawl. Doc is for the most part the same, and other characters haven't been changed because Sakurai holds their original movesets in high regard as to not alienate the people who play as them.

The question then turns into, why is Young Link special that he would receive an overhaul?

Maybe he has fans. Wolf has fans. K.Rool has fans. Isaac has fans. Snake has fans. Thousands of characters have fans. Why should a 3rd Link receive special priority over other characters who bring something special and new to the franchise? The answer is an obvious, "He shouldn't".

Support who you want, but some characters simply don't need to be in the game. I understand the mindset of bringing vets back, considering Snake and Wolf are some of my top wants. But not every vet is really worth bringing back in my opinion. Snake and Wolf are both popular and bring a new playstyle to Smash. You could argue Young Link brings a new playstyle, but there are plenty of other characters that are more enticing to the consumer than a 3rd Link.
I'm pretty sure we all know that Young Link and the like aren't going to be DLC. Yet, I don't exactly think anybody cares. We've already talked plenty about they big shots like KKR or Isaac, so people just want to discuss the unlikely faces like John Raimi or Gengar. Doing this simply keeps the thread active, and the whole point of this thread is to talk about DLC reactions and likelihood for anybody, not just the same guys all the time.

I wasn't saying that we should continue the Young Link discussion, I was just pointing something out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do people really think that Shovel Knight lacks moveset potential?

I don't even.....

And this is coming from someone who's against Shovel Knight.

Last edited by a moderator:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
You need text ASAP if you don't want infraction.

And Ridley has been talked to death in a never-ending cycle of debate.

Next topic.

....unless you want to talk about Proto-Ridley? :troll:

.....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dixie huh?
Prefer K.Rool but she's alright

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
We've already talked plenty about they big shots like KKR
I completely misread that as "KKK" the first time around and had to do a hell of a double take to make sure you weren't implying a white supremacist organization is the most likely candidate for DLC.

Anyway, a new topic? We've spent the last couple of pages talking about vets. How about Pokemon trainer, eh? Gotta bring back all them Brawl vets, right? *sweats nervously* Right?

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Hey guys, we should all vote for Goku because he'd be awesome and cool and totally unique and he could go Super Saiyan as his Final Smash and-wait, where are you all going?! ;_;

Anyways, if we don't get someone like K.Rool or at least one of the big wants, there's going to be a lot of flames. Especially if it's someone like Goku (the DBZ one). :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Has it really come down to this?...where debates are now about deciding what we should be debating next?....

Guess that pretty much sums up current speculation...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Has it really come down to this?...where debates are now about deciding what we should be debating next?....

Guess that pretty much sums up current speculation...
To quote BluePikmin's older signature, "The Smash 4 Speculation Community is a failure."

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Gonna be off SB until early tomorrow just in case if theirs a leak from the maintenance.

Don't want to be spoiled again.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Someone from Pokken Tournament should come fight on Smash Bros other than Slowcario (Lucario seriously needs to lay off the cheeseburgers), Charizard, and Pikachu.

I vote either Blaziken, Weavile, or Gengar. (I gotta admit it, Suicune would be unique.)

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Do people really think that Shovel Knight lacks moveset potential?

I don't even.....

And this is coming from someone who's against Shovel Knight.
I was against him because of how I didn't like his game. But when the Amiibo announcement came down, I became totally supportive of him for some reason; perhaps I had realized how much of a moveset potentiel he holds.

Didn't the maintenance happen?
It did, for the 3DS version. Isn't the Wii U one currently ongoing?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm pretty sure we all know that Young Link and the like aren't going to be DLC. Yet, I don't exactly think anybody cares. We've already talked plenty about they big shots like KKR or Isaac, so people just want to discuss the unlikely faces like John Raimi or Gengar. Doing this simply keeps the thread active, and the whole point of this thread is to talk about DLC reactions and likelihood for anybody, not just the same guys all the time.

I wasn't saying that we should continue the Young Link discussion, I was just pointing something out.
I do not know that. I honestly believe Young Link has a chance. It is probably hypocritical of me, as I would probably scoff at the notion of Ice Climbers or Pichu being included. But I do not perceive Young Link to be in Gengar tier, ha ha.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Gonna be off SB until early tomorrow just in case if theirs a leak from the maintenance.

Don't want to be spoiled again.
Well, I guess that's down the drain now.

So, absolutely nothing came out of this. That's just swell :upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Well this is weird. Came back to the Smash 4 Social Thread being locked again. After reading Hylain's post, I'm scared of what will happen to the community I've settled into and gotten comfortable with.

But that's not why I'm here. In light of recent events I've realized the end of many of my choice characters for this game are either no longer likely or nigh-impossible.

Assists like Waluigi, Saki, and Takamaru and the widespread panning of characters like Geno have left what I feel to be only a very, very select few left I really care about, and I'm not sure whether to agree and give up or fight a battle that can't be won.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well this is weird. Came back to the Smash 4 Social Thread being locked again. After reading Hylain's post, I'm scared of what will happen to the community I've settled into and gotten comfortable with.

But that's not why I'm here. In light of recent events I've realized the end of many of my choice characters for this game are either no longer likely or nigh-impossible.

Assists like Waluigi, Saki, and Takamaru and the widespread panning of characters like Geno have left what I feel to be only a very, very select few left I really care about, and I'm not sure whether to agree and give up or fight a battle that can't be won.
I suppose it depends on the character. For instance, I have given up on Banjo and Kazooie myself, but I have not given up, on say, Young Link.

My top 5 are Viridi, Ridley, Wonder Red, Agnes Oblige, and Melia. You are not the only one who loves no-hopers :p

D

Deleted member

The Sm4sh social got locked? why?

Anyway, i will not give up on Paper Mario/Wolf/Isaac/K.Rool until Sakurai says so. (Simon is a pipedream so i already have little to no hope for him)

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Could you give me an example?

Anyway, does anybody here still want to talk about Dixie Kong or should we move on onto something like Captain Toad?
Personally Dixie is my favorite Kong due to childhood ties with DKC 2 being the cat's pajamas after my brother and I had finished DKC 1. I'd marvel at the sight of Dixie in the game. If there was any way I could have her AND K. Rool, I'd be in nostalgia heaven. If she became DLC, I'd (sadly) see her becoming semi-clone material. However hopes would be high that she wouldn't be. I think she could be the second character to have a Cargo Throw style f-throw based on what she could do in DKC 2. She could lift opponents onto her head with her ponytail. I see her being a cross between DK and Diddy with good amount of ponytail attacks for her A's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom