• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Didn't most people who were attached to these characters move onto pikachu and Toon Link respectively though?
I have always preferred Pikachu over Pichu... and I moved onto Toon Link and I personally find him to be much better than Young Link.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Just gonna throw these in with some more twitter translation:
[おしらせ]7月31日(金)の午前に、WiiU版/3DS版のアップデートを実施いたします。 WiiU版の大会機能、リプレイ投稿機能に加え、有料追加コンテンツ(Miiファイターコスチューム、ステージ)の配信をいたします。
[News] On July 31 in the morning, the Wii U and 3DS version will receive updates. Wii U Tourney mode, Replay Uploading will be added, and paid additional content (Mii fighter costume, Stage) will be distributed.​

[追加コスチューム:キングクルール(格闘)]『スーパードンキーコング』より、キングクルールセットが登場。 ギョロリとした目玉に金色にかがやく王冠。 これを着れば気分はクレムリン軍団のボスだ!(7月31日配信)
[New Costume: King K Rool (Brawler)] From "Super Donkey Kong", the King K Rool outfit is here. With glaring eyes and shining gold crown. By wearing this it feels like the boss of the Kremlings! (Released on July 31)
[追加コスチューム:クロム(剣術)]『ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒』より、クロムセットが登場。 王族に現れることのある聖痕までばっちり再現。 神剣ファルシオンを携えて、先祖マルスと大乱闘だ!(7月31日配信)
[New Costume: Chrom (Swordfighter)] From "Fire Emblem Awakening", the Chrom outfit is here. Perfectly appearing with the stigmata that appears from the royalty. Carrying the divide Sword Falchion, he now joins the fray with his ancestor Marth! (Released on July 31)
今回のアップデートで追加されるMiiファイターコスチュームは本日ご紹介したものだけではありません! 明日も引き続き、本アカウントでご紹介いたしますので、お楽しみに!
We haven't covered all Mii Fighter Costumes in this wave today yet! We'll continue tomorrow, to introduce more in this account, so have fun!​

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
今回のアップデートで追加されるMiiファイターコスチュームは本日ご紹介したものだけではありません! 明日も引き続き、本アカウントでご紹介いたしますので、お楽しみに!
We haven't covered all Mii Fighter Costumes in this wave today yet! We'll continue tomorrow, to introduce more in this account, so have fun!​
Wait... there are more Mii Fighter costumes besides Chrom and King K. Rool?! Can't wait to see who else will be Mii costumes! :awesome:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Wait... there are more Mii Fighter costumes besides Chrom and King K. Rool?! Can't wait to see who else will be Mii costumes! :awesome:
they will be: Isaac, Wolf, snake, BDee, Rayman, chorus kids, IC's and Dixie. Like why are wondering? It will 100% be like this :D

What's the point of adding so many characters to your prediction if you are expecting like 3?
Also, those options in your roster are terrible... and that's not a surprise.
Agreed, only ones I like are Wolf, Dixie and Rayman... and Ice Climbers, but they won't happen.

EDIT: And Snake, but I'm doubtful of his chances as well.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I think I'm gonna remove some of the characters on my list and replace them with other characters..

I'm thinking removing Sora, Quote, and obviously Ryu, and replacing them with Crono and Simon Belmont. Maybe add Bomberman.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Sticking with my predictions.
Bayonetta and Young Link are the only characters I have problems with (Bayonetta mainly having to do with how they would have to go with some re-creations to make her go with the E10 rating, and I think Bayonetta is pretty cool). Other than that, I like the choices! I Like the 3rd parties and and seeing every veteran (mostly) would be pretty cool. However, if I had to choose from 3 characters on that list, it would be Snake, Rayman, and Marshal for me.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'm going to wait until all of the new DLC releases and everything is revealed before I recollect my thoughts on my predictions.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm going to wait until all of the new DLC releases and everything is revealed before I recollect my thoughts on my predictions.
After the K. Rool Mii costume, I don't think anyone can predict anything.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
What if all along

The ballot is for DLC Mii costumes.

Last edited:

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
What's the point of adding so many characters to your prediction if you are expecting like 3?
Also, those options in your roster are terrible... and that's not a surprise.
Ice Climbers, Young Link, Wolf, Snake, Dixie Kong, Chorus Kids, and every remaining Pokemon veteran

"terrible"

Basically, with this news... we better damn well hope everyone who said Mii costumes don't deconfirm characters were right. At the same time, this is a GOOD thing, just not the best thing. Its even his Rare design.
Exactly
The fact that Sakurai remembers Rare's old K. Rool design makes me give hope for…well that design in future DK games.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Ice Climbers, Young Link, Wolf, Snake, Dixie Kong, Chorus Kids, and every remaining Pokemon veteran

"terrible"
Ice Climbers will not happen, Young Link is unlikely and unpopular and the Pokemon veterans are incredibly unnecessary, and I say that as a Pichu main.
Chorus Kids are also pretty unpopular.
Also, how cute that you ignored the fact that he included Bayonetta and Layton in a DLC prediction roster.

DLC needs to sell and most of those characters are not popular... or likely thanks to other reasons.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I tried telling everyone: the Smash Fighter Ballot will be the greatest troll Sakurai ever pulled. Nearly everyone expected that their "stuffing the ballot" accomplished anything, yet Sakurai will stroll over some random 8-yr old Ethiopian child's request for Wii Safety Guy and pick him because "why not?" -- while the rest of what we get are characters masquerading as "ballot requests" even though they were put on a development schedule eight months ago.

And while all this goes down I'll be on this board laughing at the people taking this game far too seriously.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Even as Ocarina of Time's Link is my favorite, I really think Young Link is a wasteful addition.
As is, he accomplishes nothing not covered by Link and Toon Link. As a "mask transformation" character, it would leave a very bad taste in my mouth to have a third Link over one of many Zelda's many well-loved and interesting characters.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ah, that explains it. I wondered were you seriously expecting so many DLC reps (especially Ice Climbers, as they're pretty much impossible due to 3DS).
They are disconfirmed. He gave up on the two.

I think I'm gonna remove some of the characters on my list and replace them with other characters..

I'm thinking removing Sora, Quote, and obviously Ryu, and replacing them with Crono and Simon Belmont. Maybe add Bomberman.
You do know Ryu is confirmed right?

Ice Climbers will not happen, Young Link is unlikely and unpopular and the Pokemon veterans are incredibly unnecessary, and I say that as a Pichu main.
Chorus Kids are also pretty unpopular.
Also, how cute that you ignored the fact that he included Bayonetta and Layton in a DLC prediction roster.

DLC needs to sell and most of those characters are not popular... or likely thanks to other reasons.
Squirtle and Ivysaur are not unnecessary! They're not even clones!

Here is why I think Wolf will be the last returning veteran for DLC:
Snake: Konami is weird.
Ice Climbers: Sakurai gave up on them.
Squirtle & Ivysaur: The only people that want them are the pro-veteran supporters, or people who want every fighter with a unique moveset to return. Which isn't very many people.
Pokémon Trainer: Is pointless unless you get creative. (I know how to not make him pointless without taking away Charizard's Down Special, but it would need Squirtle and Ivysaur, which probably isn't happening either.)
Pichu: Nobody wants him because they see the weak clone he is now rather than the strong high risk vs. reward character he could become. (Well that and the anti-Pokémon rep society)
Young Link: It is generally (And wrongly) assumed that Toon Link is a reskined Young Link, and that Young Link is redundant. (Do not try to start a fight with me on this one. I will not respond. Why? Because Speculation is fun, and arguing weather or not Toon Link = Young Link, that's not fun.)

Lastly, does anybody else think that making King K. Rool a Mii Costume was a bad idea? If King K. Rool doesn't get in now there are going to be a lot of angry fans. What do you guys think? Are they pulling the Meta Knight troll, and having King K. Rool planed for the next release, or are they really just slapping all of the King K. Rool supporters in the face?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
They are disconfirmed. He gave up on the two.

You do know Ryu is confirmed right?

Squirtle and Ivysaur are not unnecessary! They're not even clones!

Here is why I think Wolf will be the last returning veteran for DLC:
Snake: Konami is weird.
Ice Climbers: Sakurai gave up on them.
Squirtle & Ivysaur: The only people that want them are the pro-veteran supporters, or people who want every fighter with a unique moveset to return. Which isn't very many people.
Pokémon Trainer: Is pointless unless you get creative. (I know how to not make him pointless without taking away Charizard's Down Special, but it would need Squirtle and Ivysaur, which probably isn't happening either.)
Pichu: Nobody wants him because they see the weak clone he is now rather than the strong high risk vs. reward character he could become. (Well that and the anti-Pokémon rep society)
Young Link: It is generally (And wrongly) assumed that Toon Link is a reskined Young Link, and that Young Link is redundant. (Do not try to start a fight with me on this one. I will not respond. Why? Because Speculation is fun, and arguing weather or not Toon Link = Young Link, that's not fun.)

Lastly, does anybody else think that making King K. Rool a Mii Costume was a bad idea? If King K. Rool doesn't get in now there are going to be a lot of angry fans. What do you guys think? Are they pulling the Meta Knight troll, and having King K. Rool planed for the next release, or are they really just slapping all of the King K. Rool supporters in the face?
Uh, yeah? That's why I said obviously removing..

Also I really hope King K. Rool becomes official, but if it happens, I hope they realize that people want other characters who have Mii Fighter costumes. I want Akira and Inklings to be their own characters ;__;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom