• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It's a fan-made trailer for Rhythm Heaven characters (which I've linked before when I first saw it). But DAMN it looks good.

Just trying to give a bit of a joke for people today.
Ah, it looked real, so it caught me off guard.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
If they didn't have 3 seperate RH characters in the trailer, I could've been sold on it. Haha.

Captain Falcon is pretty killer on the vocals btw :troll:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So for those of you who want Ninten in Smash, I've got bad news. In an interview with Famitsu, Earthbound creator Shigasato Itoi confirmed that Ninten and Ness are the same character, sort of. He confirmed that they were designed identically because it's the player who decides if they're either the same character, or a different one. Personally I don't believe they're the same character, however I think Ness may be an incarnation of Ninten.

Edit: Before anyone says that Ninten has a different design from Ness, he doesn't, it's simply an artist's rendering. Their design is truly identical.

Double Edit: This also means there's no need for a Ninten alt. for Ness.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
So for those of you who want Ninten in Smash, I've got bad news. In an interview with Famitsu, Earthbound creator Shigasato Itoi confirmed that Ninten and Ness are the same character, sort of. He confirmed that they were designed identically because it's the player who decides if they're either the same character, or a different one. Personally I don't believe they're the same character, however I think Ness may be an incarnation of Ninten.

Edit: Before anyone says that Ninten has a different design from Ness, he doesn't, it's simply an artist's rendering. Their design is truly identical.

Source of this interview? Is it recent?

Burruni

Smash Hero
If they didn't have 3 seperate RH characters in the trailer, I could've been sold on it. Haha.

Captain Falcon is pretty killer on the vocals btw :troll:
Inb4 Sakurai makes a Rhythm Heaven character that's an armada of the characters that pop in and out for specific moves.

Edit:

This is excluding the whole thing about Gigyas being Gigue far later in time for Ninten and Ness to be the same character?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Source of this interview? Is it recent?
It's not recent.
At the moment I cannot get the interview, but it's source is on Ness's page on Wikibound.
Inb4 Sakurai makes a Rhythm Heaven character that's an armada of the characters that pop in and out for specific moves.

Edit:

This is excluding the whole thing about Gigyas being Gigue far later in time for Ninten and Ness to be the same character?
So they are the same character then. At least that's how I see it.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord

Considering that Ninten's name is Ninten(do) and Ness's name is Nes(s), I'm not surprised.

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's not recent.
At the moment I cannot get the interview, but it's source is on Ness's page on Wikibound.

So they are the same character then. At least that's how I see it.
No.
I'm saying that entire generations pass.
Because at the end of Mother, Gigue says that he'll eventually return for his revenge on the bloodline for Queen Mary and her Husband (Ninten's Grandparents)

Somehow the Mewtwo-esque alien turned into an entity of pure magic and created the entire Starman Army before Ninten left puberty if Ness is the same character.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
No.
I'm saying that entire generations pass.
Because at the end of Mother, Gigue says that he'll eventually return for his revenge on the bloodline for Queen Mary and her Husband (Ninten's Grandparents)

Somehow the Mewtwo-esque alien turned into an entity of pure magic and created the entire Starman Army before Ninten left puberty if Ness is the same character.
Wait, Ness is 13, Ninten is 12, huh?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So in a year.
Gigue turns into Gigyas and forms the Starman Army.
Yeah, for some reason I don't believe that.
Yeah, something doesn't seem right about that... Or does it?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So in a year.
Gigue turns into Gigyas and forms the Starman Army.
Yeah, for some reason I don't believe that.
Well, in the world of Chrono Cross, we're expected to believe that Dalton (the joke boss from the first game) somehow built up an army in less than five years and managed to challenge and overthrow the kingdom of Guardia, which also happened to contain the only three people on the planet who could use magic. Three people who also happened to have previously defeated the destroyer of worlds.

Which is one of the many reasons I don't like Chrono Cross.

Weird crap happens in games. You might not believe it, but it's not exactly relevant to the discussion at hand. If the author says its something meant to be left to player interpretation, then that's that. It does mean that we are incredibly unlikely to get a Ninten alt. Which is what the original comment was about.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I take it i'm the only one here who really liked SSE? I thought the mode was great personally and I would love for it to somehow return either in this game or the next game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I take it i'm the only one here who really liked SSE? I thought the mode was great personally and I would love for it to somehow return either in this game or the next game.
SSE could have been so much better than it was by making the levels not so bland and maybe actually setting them in the various universes in Smash Bros. Imagine Mario, Mega Man and Pac-man navigating through Green Hill for example.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I liked it, though Great Maze can go **** itself, the platforming's iffy with some characters as it still uses Smash physics and everyone having the same speed feels wrong

Are we discussing Mother fanons right now? lol
nope. Might be nostalgia goggles at work but I loved it (even Great Maze)
. . .but i'm glad it didn't come back. The work necessary was apparently gigantic

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
SSE could have been so much better than it was by making the levels not so bland and maybe actually setting them in the various universes in Smash Bros. Imagine Mario, Mega Man and Pac-man navigating through Green Hill for example.
Personally, I liked the areas that were used in the SSE. I know people don't like it but I thought it was better than having themed areas from Nintendo games. I didn't find them generic and I found them to be interesting even.

I liked it, though Great Maze can go **** itself, the platforming's iffy with some characters as it still uses Smash physics and everyone having the same speed feels wrong
nope. Might be nostalgia goggles at work but I loved it (even Great Maze)
. . .but i'm glad it didn't come back. The work necessary was apparently gigantic
I only hated the Great Maze the first time I played it because I had absolutely no idea what to do in it. I just roamed across the area being frustrated especially when I was looking for the last couple of shadow fighters. In all my future playthroughs, the Great Maze was a lot easier.

IDK. The SSE really made Brawl feel like a complete game IMO which is part of the reason why Brawl's game modes are without a doubt the best in the series. Smash 4 seems really empty after a while. Classic and All-Star is fine but you quickly run out of things to do and I think having another SSE or another Adventure mode would make it feel complete.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Personally, I liked the areas that were used in the SSE. I know people don't like it but I thought it was better than having themed areas from Nintendo games. I didn't find them generic and I found them to be interesting even.

I only hated the Great Maze the first time I played it because I had absolutely no idea what to do in it. I just roamed across the area being frustrated especially when I was looking for the last couple of shadow fighters. In all my future playthroughs, the Great Maze was a lot easier.

IDK. The SSE really made Brawl feel like a complete game IMO which is part of the reason why Brawl's game modes are without a doubt the best in the series. Smash 4 seems really empty after a while. Classic and All-Star is fine but you quickly run out of things to do and I think having another SSE or another Adventure mode would make it feel complete.
Er...How is going through generic places better than going through iconic places in gaming? I've beaten SSE including Great Maze about 3 times and I hate Great Maze more and more. It's not the length of SSE that made Brawl feel complete, but how it wasn't Trash Tour. Coin Launcher would have been fantastic to bring back too, I miss that, and not just because of the Anna thing

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This pic on Know Your Meme recently popped up and people claim that Nintendo quickly took the private video down once people started to notice.

I don't suppose anyone here follows the Youtube Smash Bros page that closely to confirm or deny this?

Add in: Oh... uh... it's actually still there. You all can see it for yourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2JiZAV5BmDWBhiSAxx6WR5sle9fhPHgV

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This pic on Know Your Meme recently popped up and people claim that Nintendo quickly took the private video down once people started to notice.

I don't suppose anyone here follows the Youtube Smash Bros page that closely to confirm or deny this?
It's not a new trailer apparently, it matches an older trailer and the 'Sets Sail' thing was confirmed fake

Add in: Oh... uh... it's actually still there. You all can see it for yourselves:

It's allegedly an old smash 3ds commercial randomly made private for some strange reason.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I believe it was an old ad for Smash Run or something based on what I've heard and nothing to be concerned over.

Nibroc-Rock made some sort of prank of it involving some sort of Sail trailer, as AEMehr AEMehr can attest to being fooled by.

You called him a dumbo? You're such a [Rated M for Meanies]
Real talk, if Pheonix Wright happened, yay or nay? I'd love the guy, Capcom has so many memorable characters, with Pheonix standing out a lot
yay.
yay
YAY
Nintendo exclusive. EDIT This appears to be incorrect. . .welp
pretty sure he has been on 4 systems as well.
Plus his games are amazing.
I'm not bias I swear. Look away form my signature there is no evidence there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom