• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Nintendo, your debt is due

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I am making this post in response to the fact that I have tried to contact Hendrick Pilar (Gamertag: DJ Nintendo) through PM, AIM, about 3 different phone numbers, and he hasn't responded. His last post on Smashboards was January 10th, however, when I checked his profile it says "Last Activity: Today (January 24) 06:08 PM" I sent him a PM on the 20th stating,
Alright, we briefly talked about this on monday, but who did you say was going to get the money together and send it to me on paypal? I really need the money back ASAP, buying books for college, and other stuff as well.
I have yet to get a reply message back from Hendrick and it's pretty annoying that he's been checking the boards, but no reply from a PM about the sum of about $210.

For me, this all began at *pound* 4. The largest Smash tournament to date at the Fairfield Inn&Suites. I go out with teczer0 and a few others to the lobby and see DJ Nintendo. I was ignorant to what he's done to others monetarily, and he asked for some help since him and WarriorKnight, Enzo, Jman, and WK's friend Dan. (I think there was 1 or 2 more, but I can't remember) He told me that they would cover it all, they just needed a credit card to hold the room. So when we get up to the room, I was told that I shouldn't have done that. Apparently Hendrick has been leeching off of people for the longest time. His camera, his ride, just about everything he's been leeching. Through a text message, WK told me that the expenses were supposed to be Hendricks, but we see how that's all unraveled.

During the 2nd night, I talked to the woman at the front desk. She was there when I let Hendrick use my credit card to have on file for the room. I talked to her about the situation, and apparently, Hendrick didn't even reserve the room before Christmas. What that means for those who don't know is that the pound 4 rates don't apply and the room was in fact $159 a night! She tried to go back and change the first night for me, but couldn't since it was already in the system. However, she was nice enough to make the 2nd night $89. I approached DJ again up near his room. With Shinku as a witness, I asked him about the money. He literally just looked down, and away. Said pretty much nothing and walked off. He wasn't even sly about it, he was obviously guilty and I just stood there shocked. This was his last night at the hotel.

The next morning, I asked the receptionist about the room, if anyone put any cash down on it. Nothing, she told me it was all going to be charged to my credit card. Apparently this receptionist also heard about my situation, word spreads pretty fast. I talked to him at the venue that day about the money, DJ tells me that the other guys have it covered and can pay me through paypal, at the time I didn't know DJ was supposed cover for the room. I get lied to again.

The last day of the tournament, I ask for receipts for the two rooms. Here's Hendrick's.

yeah, $270.32... He owes me $210 now because I am getting JMan's cut of $60 from Plank. Censored are Hendrick's address and the last 4 digits of my mastercard.

I've been able to get in contact with DJ and Warrior Knight since then. I send them both PMs on smashboards. No answers. I send a text to WK and a call to DJ. Me and WK have been exchanging text messages.

Me: Hey Warriorknight. This is rei. I still need $210 from the people in your room. Jesus payed $60. So 210 left. Please get back to me asap.
WK:Hey waddup.
WK: Wait, even after the story I told u about DJ, u still trusted him with that room?

Me: Dude. you told me after I gave my credit card to the front. Jesus is giving me $60 of his prize money. I'm gonna call DJ soon about it.
WK: Hes supposed to be paying my share btw
WK: My friend Dan said that he hit u off wit some money before he left, is this true? (hes the big guy that was with us.
WK:Ahh man, sorry I hadnt warned u beforehand bro

Me: No. Only Jesus did
WK: DJ leeched off this entire trip. He didnt pay a single dime for gas, tolls, nothing!! meanwhile I spent over $200 out there. U have to get to him soon.
WK: He's responsible for my hotel contribution.

Me: His phone is off or something. I left him a message
WK: He lied when we got there, he had said that it was already set up on his card.
WK: After talkin to the lady in the lobby, I was able to shave off $40 for the second night. He hadnt asked for the smash discount
Thank you Warrior knight for replying very swiftly and sending me more info. Even though DJ was supposed to pay your part, I'm still kinda pissed about it, but at least you're helping in some way shape or form. It wasn't $40 she tacked off, it was $70, but thanks.

I've heard from other people (who want to stay anonymous in my post) that Hendrick also asked them for their credit cards as well, and everyone denied him. This makes me feel more of an idiot.

So from what I'm hearing from everyone, you owe me $210 Hendrick Pilar. On the receipt above, I have your name and address. I have your phone number too. I've been calling you. Or do I really have to set up a case of some sort? I've kept this private long enough, you need to pay up. I don't care if you're jobless, go get one and pay me. Don't try to pull any bull**** off. My credit card was charged $270.32 for your room, and I expect that money back.

I've given him plenty of time to respond, and the conditions are just getting worse. I've bought my college textbooks, and that cost a pretty penny, I'm gonna need money for college and food this semester, and unlike you, I WORK. All of my money is hard-earned, and I even had to save up for an entire year without going to college just to have enough funds to go to community college. So you're stealing from a college student who can barely afford to even go to college. I try to be nice to people. If my friends need something, I try to help. And most of them respond to my kindness by paying me back. I normally don't bug them about it too much since I trust them.

However, DJ is different. I never lent him money. I never gave him money, he said he had everything covered and just needed a card. Since the exact opposite happened, he technically stole the money from me.

It's not just me though. He asks other people money all of the time for things, even haircuts. Hell what Warrior Knight is referencing in the text messages are his stories of DJ owing him $350+. Another interesting idea that was told to me is that we think he has an unhealthy addiction to Smash and must go to all of the huge events no matter the cost.

Current TOs, I please hope that you ban DJ Nintendo from all of your events. I don't want anything like this to happen again to anyone else. I'm pretty sure he's going to be banned from APEX2 as well as several other majors.

Take a look at what others have to say
DJ owes my friend in socal (the great leon) like 250 for a plane ticket to pat's house
When DJ entered the hotel I was there and after coming in drunk begins asking ( or what most people would call begging ) for a CC for a hotel room. Thankfully I knew better. A few minutes later he has the nerve to ask Cristin who also said no.

I wont bash anyone but I feel that until he takes care of these people he is not allowed near ANY of my tournaments. Thats Saffron/Apex/Viridian and any tournament I co-host he will be banned as well. I thought when he asked me for money for a HAIRCUT was low. This is lower.

DJ if you pay Rei I wont care i'll let it be and unban you. Until then pay this man and others you owe. Get a job and stop relying on smash.
dj owes me like 200 for a ticket to fast. or i think it was tipped off. one of those!!!
Im on my cell right now and all of this is true. Well most of it anyway.
I really didnt want the world to know about all this but now that its in the open frukk it!!

I have ppl enough ppl that owe me money already. I mentioned some of the stories at the hotel last friday.
I just sued a friend of mine for nearly $2000 that I know he isnt paying back... anywayz..

I honestly feel like an idiot myself for continuing to help him out here and there. but u know why I did it? aside from smash, hes my *****. I am now at my breaking point tho, the debt now takes over our friendship.
He said something about finding work after pound. Lets give him that chance at least.
In my honest opinion tho, I have no idea how he still travels to tourneys especially out of state when having no income.

The issue here is about a person having their priorities in an incorrect order.
I honestly have never been able to live with the fact that I owe money to someone.

If anyone can help DJN find a job please contact me on here.
Or if you have some kind of connect to help him get back on his feet. I def wanna help him since he a friend, whether he accepts the help or not is ultimately up to him tho.
He owes my friend 50$

(Lamugi)
For the record, DJ owes me $320.20
Fun facts:

Lambchops went from Florida, to Genesis, and then straight to Georgia to live with PBnJ.

He honestly tried to get a job. Evan [PBnJ] "did" but really didn't try.

Chops couldn't get a job and after months of trying, he moved to NY to see if he had better options up there.

He moved in with DJ Nintendo's family in New York.

Chops now has a job.

DJ is still without one.

Rewind a bit:

September 2009.

DJ has a job.

DJ comes to GA for Tipped Off 5.

DJ misses his flight home, misses three days of work, and gets fired.

.............................a week or two later, he goes to Gigabits...in FLORIDA.

Vague promises of unemployment checks loom in the air.

November 2009.

DJ Nintendo and Evan are still without jobs.

DJ and Evan both go to Pat's House Tourney......in California.

Meanwhile, then-jobless Lambchops stayed back in New York because he couldn't afford to go and wasn't able to get his head fully into Smash again until he had his life on track and had a job.
I think it's sad that a man who's 24 years old has to rely on people much younger then him. I housed him for a week and he was a complete douche he took hour long showers, he claimed he had no money yet he kept going out to eat, and he borrowed 20 dollars from my friend. Oh he also made me drive him 2hrs away so he can go to a tourney with colbol for dubs (cuz he promised) he won a whoppin 20 dollars and didn't pay me a dime. He got a ride back to my house thanks to frames which mind you didn't give frames a dime for gas. One week later he had to go back to Orlando, again having zero money for gas. I will NEVER house him again EVER!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
this bothers me a lot. Rei is one of my close friends and for someone to take advangtage of him and people like toasty bothers me alot.

Will post a good deal of information later after i eat.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'll say this

Once I heard about the issue with Rei I felt extremely upset. Rei is a good friend to me and if he lived closer we would hang everyday.

When DJ entered the hotel I was there and after coming in drunk begins asking ( or what most people would call begging ) for a CC for a hotel room. Thankfully I knew better. A few minutes later he has the nerve to ask Cristin who also said no.

I wont bash anyone but I feel that until he takes care of these people he is not allowed near ANY of my tournaments. Thats Saffron/Apex/Viridian and any tournament I co-host he will be banned as well. I thought when he asked me for money for a HAIRCUT was low. This is lower.

DJ if you pay Rei I wont care i'll let it be and unban you. Until then pay this man and others you owe. Get a job and stop relying on smash.

Hax

Smash Champion
i'm tight with DJ but i don't approve of this sh*t and i don't wanna see him banned at tournies so i'll do my best to help u get your money back.

i can confirm that he doesn't have internet service and leeches off his neighbor's extremely slow router which hardly even works. he might've logged onto smashboards but been unable to respond due to the internet crashing.

what phone # have you been contacting him by? i don't think DJ has a home phone, and his mobile has been going straight to voicemail recently. he might've discontinued it, idk.

if this goes on i can only support him being banned.. i'll talk to him about it next time i see him irl

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I've never understood why people give random smashers money.

Don't give people you don't know money.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
DJ is mad chill but hax he has to learn how to take care of himself. He cannot travel to tournaments using other people's money. That is straight up bull****.

You know how often I have paid for the NYC smashers when they had no money and I have never *****ed about money back but when something like this happens it irks me cause these people are doing it to help a fellow smasher.

We rely on each other to get by. Some of us are younger than others but some of us are also more mature. This is an idea of common sense. You do not understand how annoyed I am when people like ask others like me or rei or toasty for money to pay for pound/hotel/etc when they have money but spend it on stupid stuff or just lose the money.

Yes we all know we have bills and other **** to pay but if you do not have money to attend an event than do not go out of your way. There will always be another tournament to go to.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
I really didnt want the world to know about all this but now that its in the open frukk it!!

I have ppl enough ppl that owe me money already. I mentioned some of the stories at the hotel last friday.
I just sued a friend of mine for nearly $2000 that I know he isnt paying back... anywayz..

I honestly feel like an idiot myself for continuing to help him out here and there. but u know why I did it? aside from smash, hes my *****. I am now at my breaking point tho, the debt now takes over our friendship.
He said something about finding work after pound. Lets give him that chance at least.
In my honest opinion tho, I have no idea how he still travels to tourneys especially out of state when having no income.

I honestly have never been able to live with the fact that I owe money to someone.

Or if you have some kind of connect to help him get back on his feet. I def wanna help him since he a friend, whether he accepts the help or not is ultimately up to him tho.

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
I've never understood why people give random smashers money.

Don't give people you don't know money.
Well to be fair he wasn't really giving him money, as far as he knew DJ had the money and he just needed a credit card. But yeah hpe you get your money back $270 is a pretty hefty sum. Considering he owes Leon for that ticket, its hard to say wether you'll get your money back soon :urg:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

The same job I got you I can get DJ if he promises to stick through it. It is not a great job but it pays well if you work hard and do not miss anydays.

One of the wyas that people travel without money is using the " I'll pay you back when I win" speech. I have heard this from many top players and telling them no also has them try the " whine about how much life sucks for them speech"

Lesson learned...people should trust only themselves.

Reioumu

Smash Lord

Thank you Warrior Knight. I really appreciate all of your support in this. I hope he can get a job and pay his debts off, because that should definitely be one of his highest priorities right now.

Alukard

Smash Hero
What are u laughing at? You never paid me the 3 dollars u lost in our side bet on Armada v/s HAX, you lame.

Get @ his BigMac
WTF ... ***** thats 3$ i'll find that in a random pair of pants u ****ing scrub ... watch ur mouth ***** ... i work for my money

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Oh shiiiiiiiiiii

Again.

Time for more groups!

Taking advantage of smashers 2: DJ NINTENDO EDITION/ Of the love edition

Why have a job... just leech of smashers

No not really. Get a ****ing job

(But he gave me a cool T-Shirt so he's pretty cool)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
and for someone to take advangtage of him and people like toasty bothers me alot.
smells like another pbnj scandal...
LMAO, PBNJ PART 2.
And to think I had this dude banned WITH PBNJ from Pound months ago...and then when Plank asked me if it was both of them or just Evan, right before posting that thread, I decided to spare DJ because "he's not a snake or a liar...just hella irresponsible and foolish." ****.
DJ owes my friend in socal (the great leon) like 250 for a plane ticket to pat's house
yeah...same with me and G$, sadly.
if this goes on i can only support him being banned.. i'll talk to him about it next time i see him irl
the sad truth is that this has ALREADY been going on.
The deadbeat of LOVE
LMAO

But seriously...I was told by DJ before Pound "if I can afford to go to Pound and pay everyone back then I will...if I can't, then I won't." Couldn't ****ing believe it when I saw that Chops gave his spot to DJ.

-__-

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
expect another Pound-related shady-dealings thread about money

there is another incident involving AZ, but it's kinda iffy right now... plus i dunno if the other people involved wanna let word out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom