• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Features Nakat at Apex 2015!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are! Having a Smash Disney star will sure come true! No this is NOT a joke, Smash was featured on the Disney channel! From a feature called Gaming Show [In My Parents' Garage], it follows famed Smash player Nakat in his adventures at Apex 2015, while showing off many other known Smash players as well. The original video can be found on the Canadian Disney XD website, but is only regularly accessible to those with IP addresses from the area. However an awesome Smasher named BarDulL has recorded a copy so it can be viewed by the rest of the world!

It is incredibly awesome to see Smash featured by such an incredible media giant. This opportunity was actually made possible due to the hard work and dedication of @ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one so be sure to give her some thanks! To see more videos from Gaming Show [In My Parents' Garage] check out their Youtube channel. What incredible place will Smash be featured next? Stay tuned to Smashboards to find out!

SmashCapps was incredibly pumped to see this and extends his congratulations to Nakat! SmashCapps will make his own wish upon a star that readers will follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Nakat u is a fraud get out of here boi! ily nakat be my daddy

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
If this doesn't help boost Smash's popularity in some form I'm not sure what will.

Let's just hope we don't recieve the wrong kind of attention. Last thing I want to here is Selena Gomez doing a cover of "Sonic Heroes" on Radio Disney.

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Mango should be featured next, he is a perfect example for the kids. :troll:

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
This is just strange, do people still watch Disney? I haven't watched anything on that channel since I was like what seven. Can't imagine Disney is still the same the channel use to be years ago. Thanks.

DeathlyFerret

Smash Apprentice
If this doesn't help boost Smash's popularity in some form I'm not sure what will.

Let's just hope we don't recieve the wrong kind of attention. Last thing I want to here is Selena Gomez doing a cover of "Sonic Heroes" on Radio Disney.
Jesus, man. That's scary.
Imagine Kanye West singing the Knuckles raps from SA2. *shiver*

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Jesus, man. Don't remind me.
Wait, what?

That actually happened?
I need to hear this. Care to send a source?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

DID THAT ACTUALLY HAPPEN

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING

DeathlyFerret

Smash Apprentice
This was actually a really well done representation of the smash competitive community.

I can't help but be impressed.
They should have shown super high level melee Fox dittos, and then had Nakat say "Welcome to real Smash Bros, punk."

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
O N E T T B O Y Z

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Hi everyone! I will continue being the Smash representative on this show as there is still more work for me to do. This is an amazing opportunity I received thanks to Pidgezero. I hope this opens doors to many more Disney/media related opportunities and allows me to give back to our community as a whole.

If you have any questions feel free to follow me on

Twitter.com/LOFNAKITKAT
Twitch.tv/nakat973

I also have a Disney emote on my channel Haha

Does this mean the next Disney Movie will star the Melee Gods as the princesses and Leffen as the big bad or what

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
This is just a ploy from Disney to get blatant Marvel, Star Wars and Frozen advertisements in the next DLC.

I still think Elsa's a better choice than Shrek.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
As cringeworthy as Disney is, this was an incredibly cool video and it did a good job at promoting the scene.

This should definitely get people playing.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
People who watch Disney will think Smash is mostly played in doubles.

Wait till they hear of 20XX....

Staticky

Smash Cadet
Mango should be featured next, he is a perfect example for the kids. :troll:
"Yeah first day is easy. Just a bunch of scubs trynna get r4ped. Last year I showed up pretty hungover but it's all good, won the tournament anyway."

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hi everyone! I will continue being the Smash representative on this show as there is still more work for me to do. This is an amazing opportunity I received thanks to Pidgezero. I hope this opens doors to many more Disney/media related opportunities and allows me to give back to our community as a whole.

Twitter.com/LOFNAKITKAT
Twitch.tv/nakat973

will add twitter/twitch to the video bio

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071

Twitter.com/LOFNAKITKAT
Twitch.tv/nakat973

You were definitely the right guy for the job. <3

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Disney actually showed off the competitive scene really well! What a great video!
This was actually a really well done representation of the smash competitive community.

I can't help but be impressed.
As cringeworthy as Disney is, this was an incredibly cool video and it did a good job at promoting the scene.

This should definitely get people playing.
I used to work on the production team of this show (which is how Nakat first got in touch with the company). They really do their homework and put in the effort to make their content authentic and credible. I worked as a researcher, so part of my job was contributing to that effort.

It's an awesome show tbh. It's going to air in the USA in the near future, and if any of you guys have younger siblings or nieces and nephews I'd honestly recommend it to them. It's geared toward age 6-12 but I also have friends in their 20s who think it's pretty great. :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I hope this doesn't lead to 5 year olds attending tournaments now. :glare:

Or even worse, Mickey Mouse mascots at Smash tournaments. :urg:

Top Bottom